Disappointed with Princess

geric26

Penthouse Suite (Diamond Princess, March 2018)

The suite video (still current today) shows and describes “alarge flower arrangement” together with a smaller flower arrangement and anorchid. We only had the orchid in the suite, and as my wife loves flowers we askedabout the flower arrangement she was looking forward to and were met with blanklooks from the room attendant and Guest Services. We eventually purchased ourown arrangement. This is justmisdescription, and Princess should not have to rely on this. Either you getflowers or you don’t, but just let us know please.

There was one room attendant on Princess compared to thebutler and room attendant usual on other lines. We only occasionally use theservice offered by a butler, but sometimes it is very useful. Small things likecarbonated water in your room (with the premium drinks package) was is not usuallya problem, but could not be done with Princess. The wall mounted hair dryer inthe Princess suite could not cope with my wife’s long hair, so we asked if ahand held hairdryer could be made available. No. Generally not too helpful.

Overall, a bit underwhelming, but the Sabatinis breakfastwas great, the Club Class dining worked well, and we had no problems with thefood or the excellent service. Overall,quite good, but just missed the real suite experience.

Sorry about the flowers--that seems like something else that Princess needs to either correct on the website or uphold what is described.

The Princess suite perks are significantly less than on some other lines, but should have been obvious in advance. There is no butler or concierge, no lounge with beverages and munchies reserved for suites, no private dining rooms (suites only), etc. On the other hand, we don't like the fact that suites on some other lines are almost like a ship unto themselves--a resurgence of the class system.

My upcoming cruise will be my first time in a suite. One of the things I'm bringing along is the print out listing the various suite amenities.

This is the current full suite benefits flyer:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

Note that the only flowers mentioned are "complimentary fresh orchids"

If the promotional video added other arrangements that are sold at additional cost, that's just marketing. Most of us know to expect sales materials to fluff up the products and take them with a grain of salt. Maybe in your part of the world such exaggeration is considered deceptive or even fraud, but in the USA advertising is not remotely legally binding nor even considered something to pursue with management. So please don't take offense if much of the reaction on this board will range from indifferent to scorn for "yet another round of first world problems." Your feelings of disappointment are your own, no matter how many responses will predictably say you should have researched the Princess experience more thoroughly (ie beverages included in the PBP will not be delivered to your cabin without charge, even for full suite guests).

There is no butler or concierge' date=' no lounge with beverages and munchies reserved for suites, no private dining rooms (suites only), etc.[/quote']Princess is including a concierge lounge on its newest ships: Royal, Regal, and Majestic. We used the concierge just for making our reservations at the Crown Grill. I saw other passengers use his services for other things. They had food and some nonalcoholic beverages in the lounge along with comfortable seating and books and games. We probably would have used it more if our suite had been closer to it instead of at the opposite end of the ship.

Princess suites are not as good when it comes to amenities as other cruise lines. For that reason their mini suites are more desirable because the mini's have enough real estate to be comfortable. The only tangible perk we use is Sabitini's for breakfast, everything else we already get with our elite tier. RCL has much better perks for their suites and top tiers and NCL has a butler. Princess needs to catch up.

Years ago, we would get the flowers in a suite and now it’s just the orchid.

And Geoherb is correct, the new ships have the concierge lounge with a concierge. We used this the times we have had a suite on the Regal.

On our last sailing on the Getaway we were in a Haven suite. Not sure we really needed the Butler. Didn’t really use him for anything. I found it wasn’t something I could care less about.

If the promotional video added other arrangements that are sold at additional cost, that's just marketing. Most of us know to expect sales materials to fluff up the products and take them with a grain of salt. Maybe in your part of the world such exaggeration is considered deceptive or even fraud, but in the USA advertising is not remotely legally binding nor even considered something to pursue with management. So please don't take offense if much of the reaction on this board will range from indifferent to scorn for "yet another round of first world problems." Your feelings of disappointment are your own, no matter how many responses will predictably say you should have researched the Princess experience more thoroughly (ie beverages included in the PBP will not be delivered to your cabin without charge, even for full suite guests).

You mean it's OK to tell you on their website "this is what you will get" and then not deliver it? Really?

Occasionally I am in a suite, sometimes a mini, sometimes a balcony, sometimes an ocean view (!) and sometimes an inside. Regardless, I almost always stop at Costco or a farmer's market or other grocery store and bring my own flowers....I find they last longer and I get to pick what I like....NO carnations....:) Occasionally I am lucky enough to find some night blooming jasmine if I am in the tropics at the right time of the year.....Now, that is luxury....regardless of the cabin I am in....

If the promotional video added other arrangements that are sold at additional cost, that's just marketing.

Not marketing, an outdated video.

Up until a year or two ago, there was a flower arrangement. Then came the cost cutting.

Penthouse Suite (Diamond Princess, March 2018)

There was one room attendant on Princess compared to thebutler and room attendant usual on other lines. We only occasionally use theservice offered by a butler, but sometimes it is very useful.

I have only experienced a butler on Celebrity. I’ve had full suites on HAL, Princess, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival — none of those offered a butler as one of the suite perks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do not think this is 100% on Princess, many times videos include extra things that are not include. Many are staged, when real estate agents sell homes they bake items and place things out that are not included in the sale. I see this as kind of the same. That's my Princess Side.

Now from the Customer Side: They paid thousands extra for this cabin even if the flowers are not included Princess should have provided them to make for a happy passenger.

My wife has long hair (down to her hips) While on a RCCL cruise in a Standard Balcony Cabin the Hair dryer was also not good. When I asked about getting something better, a staff member came with another one. Better but she still was not really happy. The next day the head of housekeeping asked if the issue was fix, when I said not really she said she would take care of it. And later that day a larger brand new hairdryer was in the cabin. That is customer service.

I like Princess I cruise with them have two more cruises book this year but in this case Princess failed to meet the standard of great customer service.

When sailing have always had a very special flower in our cabin, I call her the love of my life. Granted if something is advertised it should be so. Always get a chuckle tho when some one's problem does not really amount to a hill of beans.

I have only experienced a butler on Celebrity. I’ve had full suites on HAL, Princess, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival — none of those offered a butler as one of the suite perks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've only had suites on HAL and Carnival. Carnival's suites have no perks, except priority boarding and two bottles of water :) However, the cost of their suites is much less than Princess. I have priced suites on most of the major lines, and agree that Celebrity & NCL offer more, but you pay a lot more.