Redeye Early Arrival - Where to go?

lyssa13

We just got notification that our JetBlue redeye into FLL is arriving even earlier than it already was (now 4:30am). We are cruising Harmony of the Seas on RCCL from Ft Lauderdale.

We already planned on getting to port early - but what do we do in between? I was hoping to find a good airport lounge but FLL’s options are slim.

Anywhere we can relax after getting off a redeye from the west coast? A hotel that’s used to this? Showers and a bed are a plus!

Oh I don't like flying in the day of your cruise even with a redeye. Too many things can go wrong including luggage going missing.

I know that was not your question.

I would look into local hotels for a day room.

Keith

Roadway Inn is a budget motel near FLL that offers day rates, or book a room for the night of your flight and let them know you will not arrive until about 5-5:30. Ask for a late check out, grab a nap, a shower, and maybe a dip in the pool, maybe grab lunch, and then head to the port about noon-1:00

Book a hotel on Friday night and advise hotel you will be checking in around 5:00AM. Any hotel along 17th Street is very close to Port Everglades. Get a few hours sleep, take a shower and cab it over to Port Everglades around 1:00PM. You will then be ready and relaxed to start your cruise.

Agree. Book that room and request a noon or later check out. You will appreciate and enjoy your first day on board a lot more. FLL offers nothing to help bide time.

Thank you guys. Leaning towards this I think, thank you! I’m from ft Lauderdale Originally so I know the area well - sadly family is no longer there either!

Friday night in April is proving to be more expensive than expected ����. May wait until week of and see what’s going on!

Try booking Hyatt Place for that Friday night in April you need using http://www.valuetrips.com

it's pricing at $119.00 and they have an early comp hot breakfast buffet you can take advantage of and ask for a late checkout directly with Hyatt. Once you make a reservation with ValueTrips you then deal directly with the hotel for any details of your stay...very easy to do and they have a wonderful helpful staff.

Try booking Hyatt Place for that Friday night in April you need using www.valuetrips.com

it's pricing at $119.00 and they have an early comp hot breakfast buffet you can take advantage of and ask for a late checkout directly with Hyatt. Once you make a reservation with ValueTrips you then deal directly with the hotel for any details of your stay...very easy to do and they have a wonderful helpful staff.

You’re amazing!! Thank you!

Just make sure they know you aren't coming in until 0430 hrs. I once booked the Embassy Suites and called them three times to make sure they knew we weren't checking in until 0600 hrs the day after our RSVP. Guess what? We get there at 0700 hrs and "NO ROOM" We had to wait until 11:00 AM and take a smoker's room. We didn't sail that day but the next so were at least able to get a nap and feel half way decent.

Just make sure they know you aren't coming in until 0430 hrs. I once booked the Embassy Suites and called them three times to make sure they knew we weren't checking in until 0600 hrs the day after our RSVP. Guess what? We get there at 0700 hrs and "NO ROOM" We had to wait until 11:00 AM and take a smoker's room. We didn't sail that day but the next so were at least able to get a nap and feel half way decent.

I hope they didn't charge you for that night before!

Of course their going to be paying for that night...that's the point here to assure when they get in at 4:30AM they will have access to their room and just do a late check-out.

This certainly isn't unusual.

Yes they did.

This was before Hilton started doing electronic check in where you could pick your room the day prior and download a digital key to your smart phone, which if I was doing this again I would certainly do.

...Guess what? We get there at 0700 hrs and "NO ROOM" We had to wait until 11:00 AM and take a smoker's room. We didn't sail that day but the next so were at least able to get a nap and feel half way decent.

How awful! I would not have been happy. I hope you disputed the charge and the poor service.