New Latitude Tiers

TheDougOut

Yup, it is making the rounds on facebook, but I think you are the first to post it here.

Main things I see:

1. No more points for booking 9 months out.

2. If you have a latitudes deal AND Suite/Haven, you will only get one point per day (not 2)

3. Meals are now PER STATE ROOM and not per guest.

Edited by oteixeira

Yup, it is making the rounds on facebook, but I think you are the first to post it here.

Main things I see:

2. If you have a latitudes deal AND Suite/Haven, you will only get one point per day (not 2)

You still get two dinners though, and that adds both Cagneys and Moderno to the choices. :)

You still get two dinners though, and that adds both Cagneys and Moderno to the choices. :)

True, the second meal also loses the second bottle of wine. It is also in Cucina/Moderno, which I love, but it seems are less liked by a lot of folks on these forums.

Main things I see:

Question about #1. We have a Haven cruise booked for 2018. We booked in April of 2016, so technically we should get 3 points per night. Is the no extra point for booking 9 months out based on your booking date or cruise date? This may affect our cruise next month as well. We should get 3 points per night for that one (Haven, 9-months in advance).

I will be curious to see how this plays out.

Edited by brookie848

Question...when is this effective? I saw old Latitudes on the website.

Where does it say "per cabin" not "per Latitudes member". My DH is Platinum and I am Platinum plus with this.

I think the addition of Cagneys is a great option. Also the addition of internet minutes, priority restaurant seating, etc.

Thanks to anyone who knows effective date. We sail in 3 weeks.

The new way of the meal benefit actually sort of beneficial to me or anyone that travels with someone that is a minor(no benefits) or someone that is not at the Platinum level yet. That is if they give the meal benefit as for 2 people. Only time will tell

Curious to know if the 4 cruises I have booked in the Haven will be honored under the previous program? Bookings would have provided 21 points for a seven day cruise or if they are now only going to provide 14 points for a 7 day cruise? Under the old program I would be platinum plus by the end of the year.

Curious to know if the 4 cruises I have booked in the Haven will be honored under the previous program? Bookings would have provided 21 points for a seven day cruise or if they are now only going to provide 14 points for a 7 day cruise? Under the old program I would be platinum plus by the end of the year.

Yeah - I'm thinking the same thing, as I have an 11-nighter currently booked 9+ months out. I'm halfway tempted to book a few more cruises for next year while the $50pp deposit special is going on, in hopes that we'll be grandfathered in for the extra point/night.

Has anyone seen the effective date. I'm also sailing in 3 weeks and this cruise would make me platinum under the current plan but I will be 1 point short under the new program. :( I can't find anything on the NCL website in regards to the changes.

There's also mention of a possible February 1st effective date. This coming from a conversation someone had with a CruiseNext consultant on board.

Sorry if it's poor form to repeat hearsay from elsewhere. I previously mentioned I saw a possible March release. Just repeating what others are saying.

Where does it say "per cabin" not "per Latitudes member". My DH is Platinum and I am Platinum plus with this. ...

Look at the parentheses after each meal description. It says per stateroom.

But each stateroom gets two dinner vouchers, one for Le Bistro or Cagneys and one for La Cucina or Moderno. So there are two dinners for two.

Question about #1. We have a Haven cruise booked for 2018. We booked in April of 2016, so technically we should get 3 points per night. Is the no extra point for booking 9 months out based on your booking date or cruise date? This may affect our cruise next month as well. We should get 3 points per night for that one (Haven, 9-months in advance).

I will be curious to see how this plays out.

Exactly what I am wondering as well. We currently have 3 NCL cruises booked, all booked > 9 months out, but we don't sail till the new program goes into effect. Hmmmm

No incentive now to book early, but wish they'd considered adding an on-board spend bonus like HAL (extra point per 300$ in on-board spending, for example).

One would hope that with this much buzz around the issue that a press release will be out very soon that explains any grandfather rules and/or an effective date. Particularly if they're going to try to push this out as soon as February!