"Sail Away Balcony"

BeneClone

Be aware that the sailaway rates (guarantee rates) do not include any of the "perks" NCL currently offers.

Also, sailaway rates that I've seen are literally only ten or twenty dollars less per person than the regular rates (with no perks). I'm sure it varies from sailing to sailing though...

I have done guarantee balcony a few times on NCL in the last few years. I had never, ever had a bad room. As a matter a fact once I was upgraded to family mini suite with balcony. Never received an obstructed cabin.

I would not think twice about getting a guarantee balcony, the only downside is that we get no perks when we pick a guarantee cabin.

By definition, you get the balconies available (i.e., not selected by others or vacated by people doing upgrades). May be good. Maybe the room that no one else would consider accepting. And, you do not get the two Free at Sea promotions that come with non-guaranteed balconies.

I have done guarantee balcony a few times on NCL in the last few years. I had never, ever had a bad room. As a matter a fact once I was upgraded to family mini suite with balcony. Never received an obstructed cabin.

I would not think twice about getting a guarantee balcony, the only downside is that we get no perks when we pick a guarantee cabin.

Agree. NCL's perks I do not much care for so would take the Sailaway Balcony.

OP go for it!

That isn't entirely true.

Staterooms booked as a Guarantee ARE eligible for the Free at Sea promotion. It is the IX, OX, BX, and MX category cabins that are not.

For example, if you book a BX cabin...you do NOT qualify for the promotion.

OTOH, if you book a BD cabin as a guarantee...you DO qualify for the promotion.

It is the 4 specific categories that aren't eligible, not whether or not a guarantee is booked.

But 'sail away' categories specifically don't get perks. The worst case scenario is if your room

Is right over or under something loud. For example a relative took a balcony cabin right under the pool deck once and was woken early every morning when they set up the chairs. I'm very noise sensitive when I sleep so can't risk a guarantee but if you are a deep sleeper it may not be an issue. Or there's every chance you could get a perfectly good cabin. You just never know with a guarantee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums