"Skinny" Drinks on the Star

JJMorgan

Okay, this is going to sound completely ridiculous, but I was wondering if the bartenders make "skinny" drinks? Just wanted to have some kind of plan to head off a 20 lb. weight gain during our cruise. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately there are very few low calorie or low carb mixer options at the bars. Most of the cocktails are loaded with sugar. Are you keto, by chance? Rum and diet Pepsi is an option. Maybe someone will know if there are other diet drinks available, Sprite maybe?

You could bring some Mio or other squirty drink things with you and ask for vodka (or booze of choice) with soda/seltzer. And then add a squirt of your fruity water additive.

Unfortunately there are very few low calorie or low carb mixer options at the bars. Most of the cocktails are loaded with sugar. Are you keto, by chance? Rum and diet Pepsi is an option. Maybe someone will know if there are other diet drinks available, Sprite maybe?

You could bring some Mio or other squirty drink things with you and ask for vodka (or booze of choice) with soda/seltzer. And then add a squirt of your fruity water additive.

Yes, Im on Keto, well until I step foot on the ship;)

Yes, Im on Keto, well until I step foot on the ship;)

Me too. Just finishing a 36 hour IF. 46 days til I sail on the Escape. I'll be going "off plan" for the week. I don't like to say cheat. I choose what I eat, I am only cheating myself, not a "diet". Then right back on plan. But I really, really admire your willpower if you can stay keto on board! Food isn't a big deal, there's plenty of meat/fat/veggies to choose from. But it's the drinks that get me.

Good luck!

My wife and I tried to stick to our low carb diet on a Star cruise this past October (it ended up going out the window for food) and our go to drink was an Original Margarita up...Patron Silver, Cointreau, and unsweetened lime juice shaken and served martini style (it is is covered by the UBP). The recipe is on the side of the Cointreau bottle.

Good ideas! I bring Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade (the individual serving packets that you empty into a bottle of water.) I have my "lemonade" bottle with me and order Tito's neat and a tall glass of ice. Yum!

I order mojito and ask that they use sweetener instead of sugar. However, I still end up drinking other drinks but at least I tried. That happens about 1 out of 10 drinks so I’m not sure that I saved any carbs [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I order mojito and ask that they use sweetener instead of sugar. However, I still end up drinking other drinks but at least I tried. That happens about 1 out of 10 drinks so I’m not sure that I saved any carbs [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m pretty sure my best intentions are gonna fly out the porthole! But, I made a list and give a little effort. Ultimately, I’m on vacation and will take the straits!