Taxi from Buenos Aires port

Kirrus

We disembark in Buenos Aires a day earlier (our ship stays overnight there). Is taxi in the port reliable and do they accept USD? Also when should we disembark to get to EZE airport for 9pm flight? Thanks!

You are leaving the ship to go to the airport the night before your cruise ends? I'd be in the cab around 6pm.

The cabs at the port are going to be more costly, up to double, but in the past did take US dollars.

We'll have lots of baggage, so it would be much easier to take taxi directly from port.

Frankly- you likely are over packing. :) If you can cut down do so. Laundry greatly cuts down on bulk.

Last trip there in March I was on the ship 28 days, and still only needed 1 24" rolling bag and a backpack. I never take more. Then easy for me to just take the cheap bus in/out of Valparaiso.

I was hearing up to $75 for cabs, port/EZE in March.

I'm thinking of using this private car service in February. Click the down arrow for "please chose your service" for their prices.

http://airporttransfersbuenosaires.com/booking/original/book.php?id=6

Thanks for the link. Very reasonable prices. I'm wondering if there is a place at the port to store luggage after disembarkation. We're going to have several hours to kill before our flight out of AEP and hate to waste it just sitting around.

Last trip there in March I was on the ship 28 days, and still only needed 1 24" rolling bag and a backpack. I never take more. Then easy for me to just take the cheap bus in/out of Valparaiso.

Do you know if the buses have a weight limit for luggage? I read on someone's post that they were limited to 15 kg.

Thank you very much for the taxi info and the link to the private service. Do you think it's quite safe to use this service?

Our luggage is not that big, just what an airline allows without overpaying (2 big 50 lb bags, and a couple small ones for 2 of us). But it will be too much to go along the street for us.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Kirrus

Thanks for the link. Very reasonable prices. I'm wondering if there is a place at the port to store luggage after disembarkation. We're going to have several hours to kill before our flight out of AEP and hate to waste it just sitting around.

We hired a guide, who met us at the port with his driver. The driver dropped us off in town for our walking tour (IIRC it was about 2.5 hrs.) and took our luggage to a safe place for the duration. He then picked us up and we were reunited with our luggage. It worked out great!

• Haha 1

Do you know if the buses have a weight limit for luggage? I read on someone's post that they were limited to 15 kg.

Well, it's a public bus, and you can't have heavy big bags. As I stated, my bag is a 24" never over 50 pounds. They had a one bag, checked, limit on the Tur bus, I took in March. I took a backpack on the bus. On the city bus you take from the airport, the bags can't be over weighted, since they are locked in the back.

• 2 months later...
We hired a guide, who met us at the port with his driver. The driver dropped us off in town for our walking tour (IIRC it was about 2.5 hrs.) and took our luggage to a safe place for the duration. He then picked us up and we were reunited with our luggage. It worked out great!

Hi pickypicky, would you please share the guide info? Thank you!

• 1 year later...

My wife and Ienjoyed the remarkable service of a taxi driver, Hernan, Ahm47650@gmail.com, during our 4-day stayin Buenos Aires in Jan 2018. He was recommended by our landlord. Hewas already waiting for us with my name on a sign, and assisted me with usingthe Banco de Nacion Spanish only ATM outside to the right and right of the Customs area (I was unable to exchange USD for ARS in US). We alsoused him for our transfers to AEP, and to the cruise terminal upon our returnfrom Iguazu. We also used him to visit some places, and shopping; and also hadlunch with him at one of his favorite local restaurants, where he recommendedbife de lomo and "gizzard" (delicious and tender) for us. We had amemorable stay and really appreciated and felt like VIP's from his wonderful and memorable services. He tries his best to communicate in English, and is personable such that webecame good friends in such a short time. We felt safe in a city where one of our friends cautioned us to be careful of muggings, and read about taxi scams. We received good value (he accepts USD) and excellent professional courteous service and treatment.