Customs/immigration Victoria or Vancouver?

emilygrace

We are booked on the NA for the 4 night segment from San Diego to Vancouver. We will have only carry ons so will be able to do walk off departure in Vancouver. We are taking QuickShuttle to SEA, and need to be through customs and immigration by 9 am in order to make the bus.

There is one other ship in port that day but it is just a port stop for them, not a disembarkation stop. So my question is, will we do cust/imm when we arrive in Victoria (first Canadian port after leaving San Diego) or at the end of the cruise in Vancouver?

Thanks for any and all help!

I know we will do the immigration in Canada, I'm just wondering if it will be in Victoria (our first Canadian port) or Vancouver (disembarkation)?

The bus picks up at Canada Place. Very convenient way to get to the Seattle airport.

Oops. I meant to say you will do immigration in Victoria from my experience on another cruise line not Vancouver and for us it was just filing in a form and turning it in to the reception desk.

Keith

My experience was quite similar to Keith's.

On our Hawaii, Tahiti, Marquesas cruise, we had Victoria and Vancouver. Vancouver was our disembarkation port.

But, our customs cards were requested for Victoria. I believe that the immigration officers reviewed those along with the manifest and those they wanted to interview were inerviewed.

We still passed through an "immigration" spot in Vancouver but it was basically a walk by as everything had already been done.

Thanks for your answers! I thought it would be Victoria but I wondered what others had experienced.

Victoria it is. We did the 4 day cruise last year on this ship. You fill a customs card out, and leave it at the front desk, before arriving in Victoria, and thats it. Done. When you arrive in Vancouver, you just walk off the ship.