Disembark Cruise Early in Victoria, BC

dotsofunn

My husband and I are taking a Pacific Coastal cruise in September on Celebrity that begins in Seattle and ends in Vancouver.

Our last port is Victoria, BC on the day before we end the cruise in Vancouver. We would like to disembark early in Victoria and spend a few days exploring Victoria since we have been to Vancouver many times. Does anyone have experience doing this and how do I go about getting permissions to disembark early? Thanks of any help.

I would check directly with Celebrity.

History doesn't guarantee what the rule will be like on your cruise.

Assuming they say you can do this get that in writing and then when you board the ship stop by the front desk with a copy of that written confirmation.

Keith

I tried calling the number that Celebrity posted on their FAQ about Early disembarkation 800-256-6649 (which is to parent co. Royal Caribbean). RC then transferred me back to Celebrity who then gave me the same 800 number that I had just called RC......run around it what I am getting!:confused:

I know it is frustrating and maybe someone can give you another number to call but you do need to speak with them.

I would hate to see you make your plans based on what someone here tells you and then you learn that their experience is not how things will work on your voyage.

Keith

We are doing this for our Italy & Greek Island cruise in October.

Email airseagfo@rccl.com with your reservation number and the details of your request. It took a few days but we received a response that it was doable, that there was a $65/reservation fee and the phone number where we should call in with our payment. Good luck!

Butchart Gardens, right? Nice place to visit. However, when I visited in late September, 2013, I felt I didn't catch the gardens at their best. I want to go back in the Springtime.

Vancouver, BC and Victoria, BC are practically next door neighbors. Doing a Google Map from Canada Place (where your cruise would be docked) to Royal Scot Hotel (where I stayed at in 2013) is a 117 km / 73 mile journey, and includes a ferry, making the journey about 3 hours and 30 minutes. It might be worth a car rental, but check your plane tickets.

I recently did an early disembarkation. When I contacted them I received the following reply with instructions. The fee to process is $65 per reservation not per passenger. I also had trouble calling initially and called Captain's Club and they transferred my call to them.

You need to make application via this e-mail

emergencyteam@celebritycruises.com

Celebrity has instituted a new fee and now charge a fee of $65 to process your early or late embarkation or disembarkation request. Due to this you might as well call them at Domestic: 1-800-256-6649 (prompt #1)

Following is an e-mail response to my request -

Thank you for your mail.... Below are the new procedures pertaining downline ... Re: Pre-Downline Request

Good Day,

Please be advised that we have received your request to embark/debark at an alternate port. After reviewing said request we are happy to advise that currently there are no regulatory restrictions that will prohibit an approval.There is a $65 USD or CAD equivalent per booking handling to finalize your approval and arrangement. Please contact us at your earliest convenience and provide us with a valid credit card payment.We can be reached 7 days a week, 24 hours a day at: Domestic: 1-800-256-6649 (prompt #1) or International: 305-539-4107.Thank youWarm Regards, Emergency Travel Team