Is it true that only half of Lido deck on the Epic is accessible to regular cruisers?

1AL

I have an NCL CruiseNext future cruise certificate that I am thinking of using on a cruise I am looking at onboard the Epic. If I do not use it on this cruise, I am not averse to letting it go to someone who may make better use of it. My email is in my signature.

Is it true that the Epic's Lido Deck is not fully accessible to regular cruisers, that half the Lido Deck is occupied by the Haven suites? Is it true that areas open to the outdoors/to the seas are very limited on this huge ship? How about the Promenade deck, is this also very limited in area and does not go around the ship?

I would appreciate information from people who have firsthand experience of this, please.

I have an NCL CruiseNext future cruise certificate that I am thinking of using on a cruise I am looking at onboard the Epic. If I do not use it on this cruise, I am not averse to letting it go to someone who may make better use of it. My email is in my signature.

Is it true that the Epic's Lido Deck is not fully accessible to regular cruisers, that half the Lido Deck is occupied by the Haven suites? Is it true that areas open to the outdoors/to the seas are very limited on this huge ship? How about the Promenade deck, is this also very limited in area and does not go around the ship?

I would appreciate information from people who have firsthand experience of this, please.

Fake news. Totally false. Like all ships, there is a private sundeck area for suites guests high up. The aft of the ship is a large adults only sundeck called the Spice H20.

The promenade deck does not very limited. Like most ships, it does not totally wrap around the front of the ship. You cross over through the forward lobby.

We have sailed on the Epic 7 times and have no issues with the ship.

Edited by BirdTravels

Lots of people claim that a lot of area on the pool deck is taken up by the Haven. That totally ignores the fact that the Haven is built on top of the buffet. There wouldn’t be deck space there anyway.

On top of the Haven, the starboard side is public access. The deck area that is for Haven only is relatively small.

I would say though that the Promenade deck on the Epic is extremely limited. It just goes down the side of the ship and is not very pleasant. It doesn’t loop round either the front or the back of the ship. As someone who really likes the Epic, but also likes to walk on the promenade deck on ships, this is the major negative about the ship for me. I would be very reluctant to do a cruise like a transatlantic, with lots of sea days, on the Epic for that exact reason. It is much less of an issue for normal cruises though, in my opinion.

Older NCL ships had pretty good promenade decks and they have got it right again with the Breakaway and newer, with the Waterfront, and I wonder whether BirdTravels was thinking of those. The Epics promenade deck really is bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What deck are you referring to as the Lido Deck? NCL doesn't use those names so it is hard to understand what you are asking.

Im assuming pool deck. That’s what people are usually referring to when they complain about the Haven taking up space. They are of course ignoring the fact that it is actually the buffet which takes the room up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk