Carnival Corporation Stock Holder

Fastfredcruise

Perks? The perk is that you are an investor...and invest with the hope that the stock will increase in value and perhaps pay dividends. We bought our CCL Stock when it was about $20 per share, have received thousands of dollars of onboard credits (which more then covered the original cost of the stock) and watched our original investment triple in value. Not a bad deal.

As to perks on the ship (we think this is what you want to know)...other then the On Board Credit program (which could be discontinued at any time) there are no special perks.

Hank

That is for 14 day cruises. Back to back do not count as my fiends learned because of two booking numbers. They just received $200.

I thought B2B's got it?

Well I will find out soon enough when I send my fax in next week.

I literally bought this as a reasonable investment and for the OBC. I have told my financial planner that for now, this stock is not open to negotiation.

We have nearly earned 1/2 of what I payed in OBC (tax free, by the way ;) ). And in U.S. $.

And the stock has gone up over 200% since I bought it.

No complaints from me :)

But, it should be bought realizing there is a risk. Risk and reward don't always work out ;)

Fastfredcruise: The roll call you're on with us-we are on for 21 days and get the $250 as it is classified as 1 cruise. We are fine with that.

Your friends should have received at least $250.

cd438b8dfa41ec738cee3f174ff6e58e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by canadianbear

Kazu-do you have two booking numbers? I had thought if people did they collect for both.

Ours is classified as one cruise.

I do.

I booked it as a B2B. Big change for kazu. No collectors. We are changing cabins on the 2nd leg.

I should say for all my collectors' I only got the one obc because it was one cruise.

Please remember that the amount of on-board credit depends upon the length of the cruise. There are no other perks available by owning CCL stock. Some think that there is some type of discount in cruise price for those of us who won such shares. That is totally false!

One should not purchase this stock just for its "perks", in my opinion. As an investment, CCL needs to be evaluated as it fits into one's financial plan. As others on this Message Board have stated: for me, ownership has provided very good price appreciation, increasing dividends, and much satisfaction in being a teeny-weeny owner of a Company which provides a vacation experience that most often meets my expectations, regardless of which of the CCL's Operating Companies' ship on which I am sailing.

I do.

I booked it as a B2B. Big change for kazu. No collectors. We are changing cabins on the 2nd leg.

I should say for all my collectors' I only got the one obc because it was one cruise.

Well maybe send in first fax with first booking number then wait a week and send in the other one with different booking number. Not sure how they will handle it but please let us know.

Well maybe send in first fax with first booking number then wait a week and send in the other one with different booking number. Not sure how they will handle it but please let us know.

I will.

Our friends where told that they will receive two 100 OBC, one for each leg as they are under two booking numbers, even though the total is over 14 days. Pays to verify your specific situation.

That is my undertanding as well. In my case it is $250

OBC and trust me, we will need it ;)

Thanks.

Edited by kazu

I own over 100 shares of carnival stock. I did not of course buy the stock for the credit, but in addition to this being a well performing stock in my portfolio, this is, in my opinion a very impressive benefit to the shareholder.

So now I would like to use this benefit. It bothers me that I would have to send my brokerage statement to HAL which I consider confidential financial information... What have others done? black out all the other stocks and account number?, ask your broker for a statement of CCL stocks owned?

I wonder if I am the only one uncomfortable with faxing this information, when it is a part of a larger brokerage statement.

I own over 100 shares of carnival stock. I did not of course buy the stock for the credit, but in addition to this being a well performing stock in my portfolio, this is, in my opinion a very impressive benefit to the shareholder.

So now I would like to use this benefit. It bothers me that I would have to send my brokerage statement to HAL which I consider confidential financial information... What have others done? black out all the other stocks and account number?, ask your broker for a statement of CCL stocks owned?

I wonder if I am the only one uncomfortable with faxing this information, when it is a part of a larger brokerage statement.

Here's the link

http://file:///C:/Users/rlwpe_000/Downloads/2017ShareholderBenefit%20(5).pdf

and here's the relevant quote:

Please provide by fax or by mail your name, reservation number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example,photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your brokerage account number blacked out) toyour travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected below.

I make a copy of the one page that has my name, as well as lists the CCL stock. I black out the account number, and info regarding other holdings, and send that to my TA. She forwards it to HAL as cruises come along.

I have to give her a new copy every year, or so.

Just black out whatever is confidential with a black marker and then send it off.

I can break off my CCL holdings separately which saves a lot of hassle. But I still black out. It's a non issue. They expect that.

They just need proof of your name and that you own the shares :). At least it has worked for me in the past. ;)

Good idea, but I'm pretty upfront so I will just send both booking numbers in my e and see what happens ;)

My understanding is it should be allowed (and with the difference in pricing it should be versus a collectors' cruise).

It won't take long to find out. ;)

Our friends where told that they will receive two 100 OBC, one for each leg as they are under two booking numbers, even though the total is over 14 days. Pays to verify your specific situation.

So if they had been under one booking number they would have received $250 since their cruise is over 14 days. Too bad they can't argue the situation. I've always been confused with back to back, collector cruises, etc.

As much as my stocks are invested long term etc I do appreciate having the OBC as a perk. I was even surprised on a short 3 day cruise I received $50!

We bought our stock way, way many years ago -- about $12 a share.

Back then we booked quite a few back-to-back cruises and only got shipboard credit from the Carnival Corporation for the first cruise.

When HAL started offering Collector Cruises, we got shipboard credit for the entire length of the cruise -- good deal.

About 4 or 5 years ago we book 2 cruises that were not Collector Cruises -- they were back-to-back. Carnival Corporation did give us shipboard credit for both cruises. The cruise days on the 2 separate cruises were the same as a Collector Cruises we have booked but the shipboard credit was less. The shipboard credit was based on the number of days for each cruise.

That is for 14 day cruises. Back to back do not count as my fiends learned because of two booking numbers. They just received $200.

Wouldn't that be $100 for 2 7 day cruises? We've received credits for both when cruising back to back with different booking numbers for the cruises. If it were 14 days for each of the cruises the amount would have been $500, $250 for each. There is only one credit per cabin.

Good idea, but I'm pretty upfront so I will just send both booking numbers in my e and see what happens ;)

My understanding is it should be allowed (and with the difference in pricing it should be versus a collectors' cruise).

It won't take long to find out. ;)

The one time I did a B2B, I sent in one request for both cruises. I got $50 for the one day cruise and $250 for the following 14 day cruise. This was in 2014.

It bothers me that I would have to send my brokerage statement to HAL which I consider confidential financial information... What have others done? black out all the other stocks and account number?, ask your broker for a statement of CCL stocks owned?

I don't really care if others know what other stocks I own; I figure the people in the office don't care either. They look for the CCL stock, make a note, and toss the paperwork. I black out the account number and that's about it.

Must you own the stock at the time of the cruise, or just when you request and receive the on board credit?

Just when you are requesting the credit. They would have no way of knowing if you have sold the stock after requesting the OBC.