Galveston - restrictions on taking pictures inside terminal?

JimAOk1945

Can someone tell me whether it's OK to take pictures inside the terminal while we are waiting to get aboard the ship?

Although we have cruised out of Galveston before, we haven't been there early like we are planning on for our December cruise on Liberty of the Seas.

I'm asking for my wife who wants to take pictures inside the terminal for her website.

Can someone tell me whether it's OK to take pictures inside the terminal while we are waiting to get aboard the ship?

Although we have cruised out of Galveston before, we haven't been there early like we are planning on for our December cruise on Liberty of the Seas.

I'm asking for my wife who wants to take pictures inside the terminal for her website.

I'm going to vent for a minute: This whole thing about restrictions on taking pictures has really gotten out of hand. Sadly, even if pictures are allowed, you'll almost always run into some officious security guard who tries to stop you, claiming it's a "secure area" and you can't take pictures. OK, done venting. :D

Fortunately, cruise ports haven't gotten too bad yet....most of them realize that everyone wants a picture of the ship they're about to sail away on.

I'm going to vent for a minute: This whole thing about restrictions on taking pictures has really gotten out of hand. Sadly, even if pictures are allowed, you'll almost always run into some officious security guard who tries to stop you, claiming it's a "secure area" and you can't take pictures. OK, done venting. :D

Fortunately, cruise ports haven't gotten too bad yet....most of them realize that everyone wants a picture of the ship they're about to sail away on.

This is my wife's concern. She thought there might be a security restriction.

I think the restriction on taking pictures is in the terminal after the cruise because of customs. You should be okay before the cruise.

Of note; you don’t encounter US Customs in the terminal at embarkation. They are downstairs ready to greet you when you return.

For years Galveston had a sign prohibiting photos in the terminal. We’ve never seen them enforce it. The security and screening staff in the embarkation area are from a private company with a few uniformed LEO’s working an extra job.

It is ok to take pictures in the terminal, except at the bag screening area and in customs area upon return.

It is not ok to video, that is prohinited.

There are signs up that say no photography, however that is no longer enforced per carnival. (except what i said above) a security person may ask you not to take pictures, but they are generally where it isn't allowed anyway. If a carnival employee ask you not to take a picture, ask them why not and may you speak to their supervisor (a blue shirt)

It is ok to take pictures in the terminal, except at the bag screening area and in customs area upon return.

It is not ok to video, that is prohinited.

There are signs up that say no photography, however that is no longer enforced per carnival. (except what i said above) a security person may ask you not to take pictures, but they are generally where it isn't allowed anyway. If a carnival employee ask you not to take a picture, ask them why not and may you speak to their supervisor (a blue shirt)

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I will pass this information to my wife. She likes to take pictures of each step of our cruises whenever possible. [emoji106]