Summit: Family Verandah

Have stayed in family verandahs on the Summit twice, once on deck 7 and once on deck 9. Loved them, 2 separate rooms with sliding door for privacy, 2 tvs, tons of closet space. Balcony was huge, deck 7 was great I found deck 9 family verandah was noisy as it was under the outside bar area and we could hear chairs being moved around late night and early morning.

The only con to the family verandahs I feel is that the bathroom is very small considering the room is able to accommodate up to 5 people. Would not hesitate to book these rooms they are the best on the ship in my opinion. Hope you love it and have a great cruise!

Have stayed in family verandahs on the Summit twice, once on deck 7 and once on deck 9. Loved them, 2 separate rooms with sliding door for privacy, 2 tvs, tons of closet space. Balcony was huge, deck 7 was great I found deck 9 family verandah was noisy as it was under the outside bar area and we could hear chairs being moved around late night and early morning.

The only con to the family verandahs I feel is that the bathroom is very small considering the room is able to accommodate up to 5 people. Would not hesitate to book these rooms they are the best on the ship in my opinion. Hope you love it and have a great cruise!

Thank you so much for the feedback! It's just my husband and I, so the bathroom won't be a problem. I've sailed in aft balconies before on another ship and loved it!

With just the 2 of you in the room you will absolutely love it! These are my all time favourite rooms on any ship we have sailed on, for our last cruise on the Summit I checked the Celebrity website daily to see if any were being released closer to our sail date and was able to grab one on deck 9. The one we had on deck 7 is our favourite so far. The corner family verandahs have a little larger balconies than the ones beside them but they are all huge compared to regular verandahs. I am sure you will love it. Congratulations have a wonderful time

With just the 2 of you in the room you will absolutely love it! These are my all time favourite rooms on any ship we have sailed on, for our last cruise on the Summit I checked the Celebrity website daily to see if any were being released closer to our sail date and was able to grab one on deck 9. The one we had on deck 7 is our favourite so far. The corner family verandahs have a little larger balconies than the ones beside them but they are all huge compared to regular verandahs. I am sure you will love it. Congratulations have a wonderful time

I am hovering like a vulture to grab the corner if it opens up! Thanks again!

I'm curious which sailings you have been able to get a FV for 2?? I'm trying to book some cabins for a family cruise. I've got a couple with 2 good sized teenagers and tried to get a FV for them. Celebrity will only reserve if there are 5 in the cabin. It's been rather annoying.

We have stayed in a FV, corner AFT(deck 8), Infinity, 15 night Panama Canal. It GREATLY enhanced our cruised. It was just the two of us.

We stayed in 9156 on Infinity, which was a corner, huge balcony.

We upgraded from 7204 in August and our cruise was 24.10.13.

We didn't pay any extra, as it was considered to be in the same category.

Wonderful views of a partial eclipse, but yes it was a tad noisy from the bar above, especially early morning.

The FV's were initially released in June, but they were all grabbed quickly. However, when 9156 became available I didn’t hesitate as I had in June.

IMG_1520334775.451681.jpg.6e6732351f01c079d8529cea356ec130.jpg

IMG_1520334801.621921.thumb.jpg.34e0c5c657f236be1f4e65179c981a37.jpg

IMG_1520334820.498647.thumb.jpg.090f06ea4bb9243269ca6c3cea23c0e0.jpg

IMG_1520334845.931984.thumb.jpg.48fabefc1eee7ced582d3f0b420daa9c.jpg

Edited by upwarduk

I'm curious which sailings you have been able to get a FV for 2?? I'm trying to book some cabins for a family cruise. I've got a couple with 2 good sized teenagers and tried to get a FV for them. Celebrity will only reserve if there are 5 in the cabin. It's been rather annoying.

Our cruise is in October. When we sailed with our three teenagers, we got them an inside room and we got a balcony. The FVs that are not corners don't have the extra bedroom, so I wouldn't think it would be comfortable with four adult sized people.

Plus, there's only one bathroom!

We sailed in a corner FV on the Summit on a repo from PR to Bayonne in 2014. Fabulous amount of room for 2 people. Snagged it just around the same time as final payment. We didn’t pay extra, but we had originally been booked in an AQ cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've had the corner FV on Infinity for two Panama Canal sailings and they are fantastic. They are not cheap and the corners are hard to come by, but well worth it for the special itineraries.

The size of the deck is so large you could have a small dance party on it.

Grab a corner aft FV and you'll never regret it.

We were able to get FV 7202 corner aft cabin on Summit back in May 2015 for just the two of us out of Bayonne. Our cabin steward said we were lucky because during the summer months they want 5 in that cabin.

I am on a chartered cruise March 24 and my husband and I are in cabin 7202!!!

This entire thread just made me super super excited!!!!

We were in 7202 about 3 years ago. No cabin will ever again live up to it. Fantastic. The ability to look down the side and out the back of the ship was unbelievable. Those forward FV's on the other ships have greater floorspace, smaller balcony, but 1 TV? Not great when you're relaxing in the evening. If you can get your hands on one, don't ever give it up.

Just grabbed 7202 for our French Riviera cruise on Constellation in July 2019. Had originally booked a sweet 16 several weeks ago and I’ve been stalking the FV cabins daily since. Totally surprised to get one so far in advance. Happy dance! :D

623627703a1bf56ada2d441ccc51332a.jpg

They're our favorite cabins on M class.

b1a961cb6bc5d57e5927d4af465e699a.jpg

We've been in 8166 (3x) and 7202 once.

0ccb4f86f8dae5702494f64b9b380623.jpg

A year ago we were in Infinity 8166 going around South America.

d7437e9e5da51d489e7dd3440ac752f1.jpg

It was a fifteen nighter and the extra space both in the cabin and balcony was great.

f394a683267594c65b2f1c2318e3743a.jpg

Although they're really not designed to house five people even though initially that's the required number to book these cabins early.

67e2cc0ab443f57001ced16d424f0f35.jpg

We are on the Summit in August.

A great deal came up 4 months ago for a FV GTY we could book one as 1,2,3 or 4 person cabin online but we had to phone to book our family of 5 in.:rolleyes:

I checked all the other dates in August at the time and it was the same for those dates.

FV cabins are no longer available and we are waiting to see which FV cabin we are assigned.

It will be curious to see if they assign FV GTY cabins to singles, couples, trio's and quads or upgrade them if concierge cabins are available.

We are on the Summit in August.

A great deal came up 4 months ago for a FV GTY we could book one as 1,2,3 or 4 person cabin online but we had to phone to book our family of 5 in.:rolleyes:

I checked all the other dates in August at the time and it was the same for those dates.

FV cabins are no longer available and we are waiting to see which FV cabin we are assigned.

It will be curious to see if they assign FV GTY cabins to singles, couples, trio's and quads or upgrade them if concierge cabins are available.

I DO hope you end up in a FV. I remember a poster who booked a FV guarantee and did not end up in a FV, but, a higher category balcony. When booking a guarantee they have the option of booking you into the category you booked "or better". Keep an eye on your reservation.