Bath bar soap ghread coming up..... It is an OLD thread but current questions.

sail7seas

Lol. It always make me laugh when I read about people who are so concerned about every tiny detail of their cruise. What brand of tea, what type of soap, what brand of yogurt etc. I am always just happy to be going on a cruise where someone else will cook my food, clean my cabin, entertain me and transport me to new sites and experiences. Little things like type of soap don't mean anything to me.

Are you referring to the round soap with the pleated wrapper? If so, I ❤️ that scent! If you find out from HAL where to purchase it, please post the details. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you referring to the round soap with the pleated wrapper? If so, I ❤️ that scent! If you find out from HAL where to purchase it, please post the details. Thanks!

Me too! I bring home any left from a cruise. So far I haven't run out but would love to know where to purchase it. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our most recent cruise they didn’t offer the nice round bar. The bar of soap was very small and I need one for the sink and one for the shower. It seems like such a waste to offer small bars that have to be replaced frequently.

eBay has lots of Elemis soaps for sale, including the one in the pleated wrapper. Not cheap, but plenty to choose from. Just search for "Elemis soap".

Thanks! Just looked...one eBay seller is asking $15.50 plus $7.75 shipping for a travel size Pure Zest soap and travel size Body Lotion. Exact size that’s on the ship. You’ve got to be kidding! [emoji57]

Edited by innlady1

Thanks! Just looked...one eBay seller is asking $15.50 plus $7.75 shipping for a travel size Pure Zest soap and travel size Body Lotion. Exact size that’s on the ship. You’ve got to be kidding! [emoji57]

Let's see at those prices, if one purloins an unwrapped bar a day during one cruise and then sells it later on ebay, one can fund the next one......... :evilsmile:

Let's see at those prices, if one purloins an unwrapped bar a day during one cruise and then sells it later on ebay, one can fund the next one......... :evilsmile:

Of course. What else do you think that ebay seller is doing?

I guess P.T. Barnum was right ... there's a sucker born every minute!

One thing I'd want to know before I bought any on ebay is how old the soap is. If someone is clearing out a drawer containing soap from ten years ago it isn't going to smell quite so good.

That's funny.

You would have to drive from the port. I can't imagine having to open my suitcase for airline security and having it full of soap.

Sounds like a TV show.

Sandra

Try calling either ship services or the Mariner Society.
L

I could do that but I opted to ask here where t here are so many hALcruisers. Maybe someone knows where it is for sale and will share hat info.

Lol. It always make me laugh when I read about people who are so concerned about every tiny detail of their cruise. What brand of tea, what type of soap, what brand of yogurt etc. I am always just happy to be going on a cruise where someone else will cook my food, clean my cabin, entertain me and transport me to new sites and experiences. Little things like type of soap don't mean anything to me.

You're my kind of traveler! Be accommodating, roll with the punches, be grateful for what you have, and enjoy the ever-changing scenery and the world around it.

Safe and happy travels.

I just checked Elemis' web site to see if they had the bar soap(s) that many of us remember and enjoyed. I saw no bar soaps listed for sale at all. Maybe they are no longer making such. This could explain the different type of bar soap that I had on the Zaandam this Winter.

I just checked Elemis' web site to see if they had the bar soap(s) that many of us remember and enjoyed. I saw no bar soaps listed for sale at all. Maybe they are no longer making such. This could explain the different type of bar soap that I had on the Zaandam this Winter.

Aha, thanks so much for trying. I really like that soap but fear it is no more..........

Same for gthe wonderful geren soap we used to buy in St. Lucia. the local ladies used to make it in their kitchens and it was wonderful (aloe), unscented and moisturizing. When we went back after buying it a few months previously, they tried to sell us palmolive. :D I've never seen it again.

I have never agreed with anyone more. Sit back, relax

I am looking forward to next weeks topic.

An in depth discussion on sugar pkts.

Sandra

Everyone here has equal chance to start any thread they wish and choose the topic of conversation. Go for it. :)

I guess P.T. Barnum was right ... there's a sucker born every minute!

One thing I'd want to know before I bought any on ebay is how old the soap is. If someone is clearing out a drawer containing soap from ten years ago it isn't going to smell quite so good.

Not yet...we’ll have to wait to see if it sells!