Barcelona Hotel recommendations

2ndsailing

We just got back from a Windstar Cruise. We stayed at Hotel Colon. I highly recommend it. Very good location. Nice rooms. Good restaurant and easy walking to other great restaurants.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will stay at Hotel Lleo close to Placa Catalunya in September 2018

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

We will be spending 4 nights in Barcelona in October before we board the Azamara Journey and we're looking for hotel recommendations. Probably something that is centrally located. Any suggestions?

Heather

On recommendations from friends we have booked the Hotel Neri for our long weekend with family in August.

Middle of everything, with a lovely intermate longe/courtyard for evening drinks.

We stayed at Hotel gallery and just loved it. The rooftop Terrace was fantastic. We just returned a couple days ago and I have included a video of the room, pics and pics of food. Plus I have links to the hotel and restaurants we visited. Hope it’s helpful. https://gotravellife.com/2018/05/27/spain-2018-part-1-barcelona-roses-cadaques-figueres-and-surrounding-areas/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were there about 6 months ago and stayed at the Renaissance Hotel Barcelona at C. Pau Claris 122. The rooms were quite nice, they had a roof terrace that was fabulous and a few restaurants within walking distance....also Las Ramblas was a 5 minute walk away, Sagrada Familia about a 15 minute walk. Hotel to port was about 15 to 20 euros as I recall. We would stay there again.

Hello

I have always recommended the Catalonia Hotels and Resorts chain - reasonable, most are updated with nice little extras, pool or rooftop lounging areas and are typically off noisy streets which can be an issue in BCN. My personal favorites are Magdalenes, Catederal in Gothic section and their location up near Placa Catalunya. They have about 7-8 hotels in Barcelona. Have also stayed at Silken hotels on business as well.

We have booked an apartment for our Barcelona stay. Worked out far cheaper for five of us than hotel rooms. We have a 3 bed apartment at Suite Home Sagrada Familia at a total cost of £240 for the one night pre cruise. It is literally in sight of and only a short walk to the Sagrada Familia Church.

There are good reviews on Trip Advisor and booking can be made via booking.com.

Good luck with the plans

Suron

• 3 weeks later...

I was just in Barcelona and stayed at Hotel Europark which I definitely recommend. It was about 15 minutes from Las Ramblas so it was a little more reasonably priced than some more central hotels but still within walking distance. It's a very modern hotel with a good size bathroom, nice rooftop deck with a pool on one side and seating on the other, a really nice breakfast buffet and friendly staff. It was also about 10 minutes from Sangrada Familia (we could actually see one of the towers from our room) and 10 minutes from Casa Batillo. I would stay there again.

I was just in Barcelona and stayed at Hotel Europark which I definitely recommend. It was about 15 minutes from Las Ramblas so it was a little more reasonably priced than some more central hotels but still within walking distance. It's a very modern hotel with a good size bathroom, nice rooftop deck with a pool on one side and seating on the other, a really nice breakfast buffet and friendly staff. It was also about 10 minutes from Sangrada Familia (we could actually see one of the towers from our room) and 10 minutes from Casa Batillo. I would stay there again.

I tried looking up Hotel Europark for my trip in Aug of 2019. While the calendar was open for that time frame so far off, it said nothing was available. Do you think that is the case (no vacancy) or just too far off to book? It did offer alternatives (like Hotel Granvia).

I tried looking up Hotel Europark for my trip in Aug of 2019. While the calendar was open for that time frame so far off, it said nothing was available. Do you think that is the case (no vacancy) or just too far off to book? It did offer alternatives (like Hotel Granvia).

I'm honestly not sure. You could try e-mailing the hotel and ask. It may be too far off to book. We didn't book it that early.

You might consider checking out Hotel Jazz...great hotel and location.

You might also consider Airbnb. We are renting a one bedroom, living room, kitchen, dining area, private bath apartment that has a 100% five-star rating from 302 guests. Just off Las Ramblas. Pictures are fabulous and guests have stated apartment looks even better than pictures.

We stayed at Ohla and really enjoyed it. The rooftop bar and pool was a nice area to relax in between exploring. They offered Cava upon arriving. We had breakfast included with our room and it was delicious. Location wise it was perfect for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...