Never been at Grand Turk

Reenie75

Our ship is porting at Grand Turk for the day. I've read about Margaritaville pool. Is there a beach close by to walk to? Kinda confused on the pics ppl posted. What about shopping?

I have a daughter, 10 with me.

Our ship is porting at Grand Turk for the day. I've read about Margaritaville pool. Is there a beach close by to walk to? Kinda confused on the pics ppl posted.

The beach is literally 150 ft. from the big pool. When your ship pulls up to the pier, you'll see the beach just to the left of the "Welcome To" sign.

What about shopping?

I have a daughter, 10 with me.

There is a decent shopping plaza as soon as you walk through the DuFry shop from the pier. Not as much competition as at, say, Nassau or Cozumel so you might not find really cheap prices (no "T-shirts 4 for $20!"), but there are stores there. There is also some shopping to the north in Cockburn Town, but that would require a taxi or a golf-cart rental.

We love GT! It's just so simple and laid back. The Margaritaville pool is basically next to the beach.

In these pictures, you can see all the beach chairs, with the pool just above, on the middle & right side...

23707000536_b1229ac952.jpg

Beachfront chairs by Cindy, on Flickr

32253159205_d46fea665d.jpg

Blue waters by Cindy, on Flickr

And then you can see when standing in the waters, just how close to the ship you are!

23650535841_b3d3147ab3.jpg

Hanging on the beach by Cindy, on Flickr

It's been many years since we went to Grand Turk, then we just walked thru Margaritaville and choose a chair, is it the same way?

Yes, pretty much. You can actually avoid having to plow through Margaritaville if you take a hard left after leaving DuFry's. There is an access to the beach before you get to M'Ville.

Entrance fees now?

Not as such, but "local vendors" apparently have the right to rent out the first two rows of loungers on the beach near the Cruise Center. To avoid them, simply occupy the GTCC loungers (look for green umbrellas) further up from the water, same as always.