Passport prices

Potstech

Was just checking and this is what i read:

Effective April 2, 2018, the passport execution fee will increase from $25 to $35. The $10 execution fee increase only applies to U.S. passport applicants using the DS-11 form, such as first-time applicants over 16, children under 16, and applicants who re-apply after reporting their previous passport lost or stolen

Thanks for the heads up! Good to know since I will need to get new passports for my three teens. Of course they were all under 16 when they got their originals so now they have to start from the beginning (and pay more than a renewal).

Wow am I reading that correctly that your fees for passports in USA are so cheap? In Australia its almost $300 AUD for an adult passport...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The passport fee is US$110 + the execution fee, or handling fees. Adult passports are good for 10 years.

I just sent mine in last week for a renewal. Cost was $110. The handling fee is only for expedited passports. ($40) Otherwise just $110

The handling fee in question is for new applicants who are required to apply in person. No issues with renewals at all. OP completely misstated what they "just read" and why is this on the Princess board in the first place?

...and why is this on the Princess board in the first place?
Passports and other issues not directly related to Princess Cruise Lines are discussed here all the time. If monitors feel this thread is inappropriate for this board, they will move it. :)

The handling fee in question is for new applicants who are required to apply in person. No issues with renewals at all. OP completely misstated what they "just read" and why is this on the Princess board in the first place?

I did not misread anything. I was relaying information from a one paragraph article in our newspaper. I went back and reread it twice and all it says is that passport prices are going up a certain amount. I thought I would at least alert people here. Next time I ill forget it and let everyone pay the higher prices. I am not sorry I posted the information I had. Seems others had more information and didn't think it was worth it to try and inform others .

Potstech thank you for the info. I always appreciate a heads up regarding prices going up or down on anything cruise related. In my case passports are cruise related. My cruises are 99% international. Thanks again.