K Parker Passing

vivian02

My first cruise was an Alaska Cruise out of Seattle on the Norwegian Sky back in 2002. At the time I wasn't a experienced cruiser and my wife had droughts that I knew what I was doing. Some how I found this site run by a K Parker out of Seattle and called them. They seemed very helpful and within a week I had my first cruise booked. This firm had a special where if you wanted to cruise you could catch a tour bus in Portland Oregon and they would deliver you to the port of Seattle on the day of the cruise. Since I lived in Albuquerque New Mexico at the time I booked a cheap flight into Portland and yes a tour bus did take us up to the Port of Seattle. It was then I realized this travel consultant was good for his word. My wife who didn't take kind to the term "cruiser" became a very experienced cruise now with thirteen cruises and more to come. If it wasn't for K Parker my wife probably would have never set foot on a cruise ship. I was very saddened this morning to get an e-mail saying that K Parker had passed. Thank you K Parker for making our lives open to the world of cruising.

Tim and Cathy

Thanks for the your thoughts. I should better explain that apparently K Parker started up a travel agency in the Seattle are back around 2000 time frame. He apparently built up a good reputation with the folks in the Northwest where on the weekends he would do a travel host information lecture and question session on one of the radio shows in the Seattle area. I would imagine his employees are at a loss without his guidance. It looks like his business he worked so hard to build will eventually dissolve. I'm sure the e-mail reports on cruise deals will also disappear but that won't stop me from cruising.