Oasis of the Seas -- too many people?

Jlrdajh

Hi, first time to this board. My husband and I have cruised before on smaller or medium ships, Carnival when we were younger, and Princess. I made a reservation for a 7 day cruise on Oasis of the Seas for mid January. I went immediately online and started making reservations for activities. The next day my reservations were gone. But worse, some of the shows and show times I wanted to see were filled up already! I called and was very disappointed with the customer service. The man I talked to was able to make some reservations for me for what shows were left, but I got off of the phone feeling disappointed and frustrated. And we haven't even set food on the ship! I thought to myself, maybe with such a large ship, there is just too much competition for activities, goods and services. Like if you aren't first in line, you lose out. It is not too late for me to cancel my reservation and get my money back and make a reservation on a ship where we may just see two shows every night just for showing up. What do you think? BTW, we don't gamble or drink heavily so the evening shows are very important to us.

They do hold back some reservation slots for on board booking, so it's still possible to get reservations if you try right after you board. Also, they do have a standby line for shows, so even without reservations, the standby line gets released to the show venue about 10 minutes before the show starts.

There will be space. I certainly would not cancel my cruise.

Yes it's a big ship but there is plenty to do.

There are also wait lines for the shows for the latecomers. You can usually get in.

But, next time it's best to book the moment it opens up if you really want specific times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yeah, I got on the minute I reserved the cruise and made reservations for the shows which somehow weren't there on the website the next day. Does this ship have a theater with movies at night or "Movies under the Stars"?

Thanks. Yeah, I got on the minute I reserved the cruise and made reservations for the shows which somehow weren't there on the website the next day. Does this ship have a theater with movies at night or "Movies under the Stars"?

Here is a Cruise Compass (daily schedule). It will give you an idea of all the activities:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50302059#post50302059

Hi, first time to this board. My husband and I have cruised before on smaller or medium ships, Carnival when we were younger, and Princess. I made a reservation for a 7 day cruise on Oasis of the Seas for mid January. I went immediately online and started making reservations for activities. The next day my reservations were gone. But worse, some of the shows and show times I wanted to see were filled up already! I called and was very disappointed with the customer service. The man I talked to was able to make some reservations for me for what shows were left, but I got off of the phone feeling disappointed and frustrated. And we haven't even set food on the ship! I thought to myself, maybe with such a large ship, there is just too much competition for activities, goods and services. Like if you aren't first in line, you lose out. It is not too late for me to cancel my reservation and get my money back and make a reservation on a ship where we may just see two shows every night just for showing up. What do you think? BTW, we don't gamble or drink heavily so the evening shows are very important to us.

It only feels crowded during embarkation and after the shows.

As soon as you board go to "entertainment place".

They do hold back reservations.

You should be able to get what you want but don't wait. :)

Is "Entertainment Place" an actually place on board the ship? (Perhaps sillly question, but I'm not used to Royal Caribbean).

We have loved Oasis and never one time felt crowded. The one exception was the Dreamworks parade that wasn't really out thing anyways. Otherwise it's been the least crowded shop we've been on.

As for the Aqua theater show- worse comes to worse you grab a chair at the bar right there and watch one night.

These pictures were taken on a sold out cruise on a sea day. IMG_1480819084.844157.jpg.58d56bfb998032a27fc664661fabd2bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IMG_1480818900.248682.jpg.eef2e3f03889c34b81155bc0d32ed56b.jpg

IMG_1480819058.809062.jpg.9e62102782d57c6d6b50887e71b450b7.jpg

IMG_1480819067.443760.jpg.2e51ac2ba48a1800d19591849796db8a.jpg

IMG_1480819076.243499.jpg.e29224b2717a38f5865ea986d57fced8.jpg

We have loved Oasis and never one time felt crowded. The one exception was the Dreamworks parade that wasn't really out thing anyways. Otherwise it's been the least crowded shop we've been on.

As for the Aqua theater show- worse comes to worse you grab a chair at the bar right there and watch one night.

This is very valuable information to me!! I wondered if you could still see the Aqua theater show without getting a seat. Heck, the bar may be a good place to watch it from. :)

Is "Entertainment Place" an actually place on board the ship? (Perhaps sillly question, but I'm not used to Royal Caribbean).

It is usually in studio b, the ice skating rink on deck 4 where you can go to make reservations when you board. We were just on the harmony... I booked last minute so my show times were too late for my daughter. I was able to easily change all my shows when we boarded. Just make it a priority when you board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. It is especially important for my husband to not feel crowded and stressed. He would hate it.

It also feels crowded during the muster process, getting on and off the ship, and Windjammer at breakfast and lunch.

We just returned from a cruise over Thanksgiving on the Allure and the only show I had been able to pre-book was the ice show. We waited in the standby line for all the other shows and were able to get in and sit together. Don't sweat it- you'll still be able to see the shows. Don't miss the ice show- I thought it was the best one!

It is usually in studio b, the ice skating rink on deck 4 where you can go to make reservations when you board. We were just on the harmony... I booked last minute so my show times were too late for my daughter. I was able to easily change all my shows when we boarded. Just make it a priority when you board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great!!! :)

We just returned from a cruise over Thanksgiving on the Allure and the only show I had been able to pre-book was the ice show. We waited in the standby line for all the other shows and were able to get in and sit together. Don't sweat it- you'll still be able to see the shows. Don't miss the ice show- I thought it was the best one!

Great! I don't think I will cancel now.

It also feels crowded during the muster process, getting on and off the ship, and Windjammer at breakfast and lunch.

I will keep that in mind. I guess you can hardly avoid the buffet at breakfast and lunch.

I will keep that in mind. I guess you can hardly avoid the buffet at breakfast and lunch.

Actually, one of the nice things about Oasis is the variety of "free" food venues.

These are the free venues, other than Windjammer:

Park Cafe, Promenade Cafe, Johnny Rockets (only breakfast is free), Solarium Cafe, Wipeout Cafe, Boardwalk Dog House (lunch), Vitality Cafe, Sorrento's, Main Dining Room.

The thing is on Oasis class ships you can since there are a number of places to get breakfast and lunch. They have boards (pretty sure they are still on Oasis) showing how crowded each place is. We only went once to the Windjammer, buffet, when we were on Allure. You can do Johnny Rockets, Park Cafe, Wipe out Cafe, etc. Lots of options.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

When are you going? When we went last December, you could walk up to any show (other than maybe the comedy shows, we didn't attend those, so I'm not sure). The only time I felt crowded on Oasis was during embarkation in the Promenade area. The variety of activities means people are dispersed throughout the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums