Opinion on packing cubes please.

vegasgal47

I love my cubes. Everything is sorted and kept clean. It makes unpacking very quick. It also makes it easier to live out of the suitcase without unpacking all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. I was hoping it would save some space. Once I'm on ship I'll unpack but maybe I can keep some clothes in cubes organized in closet and drawers. Hmmm.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anyone use packing cubes? I'm considering buying some but wanted some opinions.

Do they save space or just organize?

Thanks!

If you are packing alot, I think they are great. I bought some cubes that compressed and was shocked at how much space was saved. I have ones that air is pushed out, & ones that zip down to make smaller. The bonus was finding items easily and keeping everything organized.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I use packing cubes all the time now ..

mostly, they organize, but they do save a little space...although, if you are trying to cut down on weight, of course, they don't really help with that.

Want to be able to fit a little more in suitcase. Don’t want cubes to add too much weight.

I absolutely love my packing cubes. It makes the suitcase so organized. You can find things in a jiff without messing everything up. I like to take a small one in my carry on that contains a complete outfit, just in case. ;)

I pack similar items together. A cube of tops, cube of pants, etc. I don't know how I traveled without them!

FWIW I also use packing envelopes as well as cubes. I like to use the envelopes for bigger items, long pants dresses etc that don't roll as easily. If you do the envelopes tight enough, stuff doesn't even really wrinkle much, if you smooth stuff as you layer it.

We love packing cubes - can't be without them. We have used the envelopes as well as the cubes and both are so easy. I do not think they add much weight as they are very light but they organize and make things so easy to unpack. We have used Ebags and they are great and have been used for several years and still look like new.

But goes TSA rifle through them when they inspect your bags? If so, then it's pointless. I would love to use them but am wondering about this. And a dumb question -- do you roll your clothes in them or do they take the place of rolling? I'm a newbie to this.

I also love my packing cubes. They do somehow save some space, but as others have noted, they can't help with the weight factor of anything extra that you now have room to pack.

Packing cubes keep everything so organized. When we get to the cabin, all I have to do is transfer the cubes to the drawers and hang the few items that I want hung in the closet. Takes much less time to get unpacked and store those empty suitcases out of the way.

In our carryon, I use one cube for our extra suit of clothes and another for our swimwear & coverups. Keeps the carryon organized too.

But goes TSA rifle through them when they inspect your bags? If so, then it's pointless. I would love to use them but am wondering about this. And a dumb question -- do you roll your clothes in them or do they take the place of rolling? I'm a newbie to this.

Actually with the cubes it's better. They can just choose the cube they want to search and leave the others alone. So instead of having your whole suitcase messed up all they have to do is put the cubes back in the way they came out.. Easier for them. Less of a mess for you..

I don't think they save space but they sure make unpacking a whole lot easier! I have colors for me (pink, purple) and colors for my husband's stuff (blue, grey) and all different sizes. I've been using them for about 5-7 years and LOVE them.

It's SUPER easy to unpack things like your underwear and socks: just unzip and flip the lid over. Now your clothes are in a clean case yet they are easy to get to and unpack in a second. (You never know what other people have put in those drawers on ships or in hotels.) Even my DH who is not an organizational type person has come to love them. The only thing I don't use them for is shirts and pants. I've found those tend to get more wrinkled in them.

I use them to organize.

Gym clothes in one cube. Night clothes in another

I just take them out of the suite case in a minute and put them in the closet. I do have a bit of the OCD. It helps with getting the unpacking done and cruising to start.

Also if your suit case gets opened, nothing really falls out

Great question. Im looking at Bagail and Gonex. both got great reviews.

These are the ones I've had for 5-7 years and they look as good as new still. I've never had a problem with a zipper either. https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/packing-cubes-6pc-value-set/288518?productid=10346308

Use Ebags online. Love mine about 10+ yrs old. I roll cotton shirts/ nightclothes/ in smaller one; I pack mostly cotton layers. In the big one, I put dinner clothes. Usually flat with some rolled.

I use 2 big, one Med in my 24” checked bag with smaller one holding travel hairdryer & rollers. I put toiletries in clear plastic see through from drugstore. Jackets & day trousers rolled on sides. I pr dress boots, flats, or loafer type/ wear tennis shoes.

Everything black & white.

One small carryon with meds/ glasses, chargers, hair items, jewelry, et al. I check 24” & carryon goes with me onto ship. Easy to manage. 😎

I love my packing cubes. I have eagle creek and Shacke Pak

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00R280UQM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518148766&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=shacke+packing+cubes&dpPl=1&dpID=51xG4-Jzs6L&ref=plSrch

One thing that I have and I don’t know how I ever lived without it is my eBags Pack-it-Flat toiletry kit.

https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/pack-it-flat-toiletry-kit/54638

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My cubes are mostly mesh and easy to see through. And YES, I do still roll my clothes inside the cube. I find it easier to see what's in each cube when the clothes are rolled.