help me to choose: Carnival Pride or RCL Adventure of the sea

caroline2007

Carnival Pride: Eastern Caribbean - Starting in Baltimore with stops in Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Freeport

RCL - bahama - Starting in Cape Liberty with stops in Port Canaveral, Cococay, Nassau

Carnival Ecstasy - Starting in Charleston with stops in Princess Cays, Nassau

Baltimore port is closer to us.

My concern is each cruise has couples of days cruising on the sea. Which ship has the best entertainment so we won't feel bored at the ship?

I have families with kids and seniors.

thank you so much!

The pride is a great ship it has better ports of call and is a lot cheaper to go out of Baltimore hotels with parking and transfers are less money if your budget minded more bang for your buck we have gone out of all three ports love Baltimore very easy

Sent from my VS501 using Forums mobile app

The parking and transfer cost pretty much similar. Carnival pride actually is a little pricey :')

The pride is a great ship it has better ports of call and is a lot cheaper to go out of Baltimore hotels with parking and transfers are less money if your budget minded more bang for your buck we have gone out of all three ports love Baltimore very easy

Sent from my VS501 using Forums mobile app

Carnival Ecstasy, have you taken this one before? I listed this because it’s much cheaper.

Definitely Adventure of the Seas. It's the larger ship with more amenities, better entertainment, and she just came out of dry dock with a full refurbishment. She now has waterslides and a Flowrider. Plus the ice rink and the shows they put on are excellent.

Carnival Pride: Eastern Caribbean - Starting in Baltimore with stops in Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Freeport

RCL - bahama - Starting in Cape Liberty with stops in Port Canaveral, Cococay, Nassau

Carnival Ecstasy - Starting in Charleston with stops in Princess Cays, Nassau

Baltimore port is closer to us.

My concern is each cruise has couples of days cruising on the sea. Which ship has the best entertainment so we won't feel bored at the ship?

I have families with kids and seniors.

thank you so much!

Based on what you've written, I'd recommend the Pride. Less travel time and relatively easy travel with kids and seniors sounds like a plus to me.

Our last cruise was on the Pride and parking is easy and fairly inexpensive ($15 per day). There are several hotels with park and cruise options, and we used one for our February cruise. We will drive to the port in September (3 hours) - it helps that the Pride usually doesn't begin check-in until after 11:00.

We didn't see a lot of kids on our cruise - and I didn't see when you were sailing - but those on board seemed to enjoy themselves. I'm not sure of your criteria for senior, but there were many that looked to be over 60 and enjoying themselves (we are mid 40's).

We found a nice mixture of activities available so I wouldn't think boredom would be an issue for most. (Full Disclosure: our plan was for lots of relaxation and we napped each day too;))

We went to Coco Cay 4 years ago and it was ok but we weren't wowed. Princess Cay was the private beach stop on our last cruise and had great snorkeling but rocky water so you should have water shoes if you choose it. I've only heard good things about HMC and will be sailing this itinerary in September.

Port Canaveral has NASA (which we really enjoyed) but I'm not sure what else is really there for the time in port. Nassau has a lot to offer, but also can be very crowded with pushy vendors.

We liked Freeport. It has a small shopping area in the port that we will explore next time and last time we did a Kayak excursion. You do need an excursion or taxi to get to the "pretty" parts of the island (but WOW is it pretty:hearteyes:).