Resort Day Pass in St. Lucia?

Juliayn

Any recommendations? Heard good things about the Landings and St. James Club...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless you're getting a ridiculously good price for either, it's not worth it. Beaches are public, food and drink is available cheap at most beaches, chairs and umbrellas too. And if you want a pool - why not stay onboard your mostly empty ship and enjoy there?

For great beach and activites, Reduit Beach in Rodney Bay is a sure bet. Splash Park. Watersports, beach bars and restaurants, chairs and umbrellas, etc

Vigie Beach is walking distance with boardwalk, restaurants and bars, shade chairs, etc.

Pigeon Island has beach, snorkekng, ruins hiking, etc.

And so on...

• Like 1

We had a great day at Calabash Cove resort in December. It's a beautiful

boutique resort with amazing staff, food, infinity pool and beach about a 15 minute taxi drive from port. We paid $20 for use of the facilities. check out their website and emails them directly.

Food and beverages were priced very reasonably as well

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Reed princess there are a lot of valid reasons why people look for resorts with pool facilities. I happen to travel with someone who has health issues. We wanted to be off the ship and experience the hospitality of St Lucia but go to a place that we knew she could enjoy fully with her mobility limitations, could accommodate diet restrictions etc. You offer a lot of great advice on this site, maybe you could omit your judgemental comments moving forward.

Reed princess there are a lot of valid reasons why people look for resorts with pool facilities. I happen to travel with someone who has health issues. We wanted to be off the ship and experience the hospitality of St Lucia but go to a place that we knew she could enjoy fully with her mobility limitations, could accommodate diet restrictions etc. You offer a lot of great advice on this site, maybe you could omit your judgemental comments moving forward.

Not sure why or how you took my post above as judgmental, but OK. Interesting choice of location to visit by yourselves given your stated mobility issues (Calabash Cove). Glad you enjoyed yourselves though.

I stand by my post above wholeheartedly - unless the OP is getting a ridiculously amazing price for the two hotels mentioned, it's absolutely not worth it. The beach at St James is not good at all (and the alcohol options are downright abysmal - for an AI that charges what they do, they should be ashamed of themselves). The Landings has a beautiful beach - which is wide open to the public - but their pools are the size of postage stamps, likely similar or smaller than the ones on the OPs ship, so why bother paying to use them when there's no poolside food or drink service at them, the resort is not all-inclusive, and yiu can visit the restaurant as a non-resident guest without paying any sort of fee? Hence, doesn't make sense... If the OP wants to visit a resort for lunch and beach, there's no need to oay a resort fee for most places such as the Landings - that's only if you want to use the resort facilties like pool, chairs, etc. It's not worth the money for the vast majority of places.

If you've read my posts as you indicate you see where I have suggested resorts or day passes for folks, but in most cases it makes little sense to do such as beaches are oubkic, many resort restaurants ate open to the public (including Calabash Cove BTW, so you essentially paid to use their pool), plenty of delicious dining and drink options available outside hotels also that can accommodate dietary issues etc, and so on.

It's personal choice how folks opt to see d their days...

Unless you're getting a ridiculously good price for either, it's not worth it. Beaches are public, food and drink is available cheap at most beaches, chairs and umbrellas too. And if you want a pool - why not stay onboard your mostly empty ship and enjoy there?

For great beach and activites, Reduit Beach in Rodney Bay is a sure bet. Splash Park. Watersports, beach bars and restaurants, chairs and umbrellas, etc

Vigie Beach is walking distance with boardwalk, restaurants and bars, shade chairs, etc.

Pigeon Island has beach, snorkekng, ruins hiking, etc.

And so on...

Thank you for this!!!! Kids had a blast at Splash Park!

• 3 weeks later...

How is the beach by the Splash Park? I'm having a hard time finding any good pictures of the beach. My girls would like the Splash Park but I'm also looking for a beautiful beach. (I really want to go to Anse Chastanet but that won't happen)

Thank you for this!!!! Kids had a blast at Splash Park!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Reed Princess, it seems that Vigie Beach has no public restrooms. True?

Untrue. Vigie has the Boardwalk with two sets of public restrooms, along with the restrooms across at the airport itself.

Of course, if you stop short of the Boardwalk, there's no public facilities (it's a long stretch if beach!), so you'd either do like the fishies or walk on down to the Boardwalk itself.

• 1 month later...
How far is Reduit Beach from the cruise port? We have a 2 and 5 year old and don't fancy being on a long car ride w/o car seats.

Reduit Beach in Rodney Bay is 25-45 or so minutes north of the port. There can be heavy traffic, so leave plenty of time... Cab runs $30 one way. The Splash Park will do transport also for a small additional amount if you buy tickets and arrange in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at St. James club for a week last year and yes, the beach is not large but there are lots of loungers. Also 4 pools, one is adults only with a rum bar and a gorgeous view. We just drank rum punch and pins coladas as well as local beer (Piton). The beach and 2 of the pools are at ground level. The others are on a hill, so if mobility is an issue... ALL beaches in St. Lucia are public. We enjoyed our stay here very much but we are pretty laid back and unfussy. This resort is very close to Castries and the cruise port. If you REALLY want an unforgettable excursion, contact St. Lucia helicopters and book a sight seeing tour! Spectacular and an island best seen from the sky or sea (roads are narrow and very winding, can be an issue for those prone to car sickness.

• 3 weeks later...
We had a great day at Calabash Cove resort in December. It's a beautiful

boutique resort with amazing staff, food, infinity pool and beach about a 15 minute taxi drive from port. We paid $20 for use of the facilities. check out their website and emails them directly.

Food and beverages were priced very reasonably as well

Can you please tell me how you only paid $20? This is what I found on-line, think maybe I'm looking in the wrong place:

​Calabash Cove Resort & Spa Day Pass

Welcome to Calabash Cove Resort & Spa. Built on a hillside sloping gently towards the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea, Calabash Cove Resort and Spa in St. Lucia is a five star boutique hotel and spa, with breathtaking Caribbean ocean views.

20 minutes from the cruise port

Hours:

An all-day pass

between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.

Day Pass Rate:

Adults - USD$40 per person

Deposit required, balance paid to resort

Package includes:

Our signature rum punch or fruit punch upon arrival!

use of facilities

beach chairs (as available)

Free WI-FI!

Transportation optional.

Taxis also widely available outside the cruise terminal.

Restaurants, Bars (not included in day pass rate)

The Windsong Restaurant - West Indian, International, and Asian cuisine. Opened for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner offering breathtaking unobstructed views across the Caribbean Sea

C-Bar - serving international cocktails and fine wines from the Calabash Cove Cellars

Activities

Sweetwaters - our main oversized pool with 40' infinity edge, features perched on its side a swim up bar and several decks for sun bathing, reading or a midday snack.

Memories of Calabash - our signature store

Whispers - our music room. An oasis to relax, read or enjoy that before or after dinner cocktail.

Ti Spa - for that relaxing massage or facial

Our Oceanview Gym - with Cybex cardiovascular equipment

Cove Gardens - Quiet walkways to enjoy the local flora designed in groves, patches, ponds and terraces. Many places of rest and meditate, and listen to the sounds of the birds and wind chimes.[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
Reed Princess, it seems that Vigie Beach has no public restrooms. True?

Hi,

We have been going to Vigie Beach for years. We have walked from Point Seraphine, and also taken taxi's and taxi-buses.

For years, there was nothing there. The last time we were there (last November) they had finished the construction, and everything was open.

There is a public restroom on each end.

The beach is long, and natural. The snorkeling isn't great, but swimming, in and out etc. is easy.

In November, Point Seraphine was closed, and they were doing heavy construction. You may possibly be docking at the point in town.

• 1 month later...