Spencer or Cosol Tours

JerseyGirlatHeart

This is worrying me re the boats. Is spencer overbooking? He told a member of our roll call that he could do up to 30 people for the jalousie beach anse chastenet snorkeling. I was horrified because I'm reading all these boat stories... since then he reassured me but I'm not sure I'm going if it looks like a madhouse.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We did Cosol back in 2012. We didn't see everything...no mudbath and no waterfall that time. Maybe it was just the day...I know the itinerary is subject to change. We loved our day, wouldn't change anything. Try Cosol, I recommend it.

• 3 weeks later...

We did Cosol several years ago, but it was a land/water tour. The reason I say this, it was mostly land, until we got to the Piton mountains, and did the beach below, with a boat picking us up and taking us to that area. The whole tour land/water was wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to read this. It has been several years that we used them, and found them wonderful even back then. If we get to go to St. Lucia next year, I am planning on using them again!:)

• 3 weeks later...

Just did Cosol on 5-17.

Literally a perfect tour . . . .Except the drive back. Took forever and was very windy going down. It was so bad that I would not do it again. It is not for me and many others agreed it put a damper on an otherwise perfect day. Not the tour company’s fault it just part of the process.

The food is excellent and plentiful at the breakfast stop and the snorkeling at Jalousie beach is great. Did wish for another 30 minutes. Chairs are limited in the reserved section but was in the water the whole hour we were there. Mobile bar was fantastic.

No regrets and it is a 5 star operation. All drivers were first class.

Next trip I am likely to do a beach day or roll with Spencer and use the boat . . . But if you can deal with a windy drive back and looking to save some money, Cosol is an ideal option. I find it difficult to believe any of the “driving” tours can top this one.

We just got back- did the Cosol tour, it was awesome! Our driver really went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time! I can’t speak about the other tour, but I can’t imagine not getting to drive through the fishing villages and seeing the open markets and how different the homes are in these areas. Also, amazing views of the rainforest and tasting the local foods and bananas fresh off the trees was amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely . . . The drive to Soufriere was fantastic. I must say I am glad I got to experience it.

But the long rendundant drive back down the mountains after an action packed day and a few drinks was a drag. I wish there was a way to stay longer at Jalousie and speed boat back to Castries . . . .with of course a bigger cost for the convenience.

But it is a 5 star experience through and through.

Hello,

We did cosol past week......Do cosol eyes close!!!

I m debating taking the Cosol Tour. Is it really 1 1/2 hours there and 1 1/2 hours back? Is it a scary ride? meaning winding road and fast speed? Not sure I can handle that. thanks for input

I m debating taking the Cosol Tour. Is it really 1 1/2 hours there and 1 1/2 hours back? Is it a scary ride? meaning winding road and fast speed? Not sure I can handle that. thanks for input

It was a solid hour and change of driving going back . . . With a stop for hot bread and cheese thrown in between (delicious).

I wouldn’t say it was overly fast, but it is definitely windy, long and redundant.

You don’t notice as much on the way there because of the sights and stops . . . .but after a long day it was a bit much to have that drive to end it.

No regrets at all doing this tour, but the drive back ensured that I don’t need to do it again.

• 2 weeks later...
With Cosol, do you get back to port with time to shop at all? Or is there time to buy souvenirs along the way?

Yea there are a few souvenir stops. If you are in port 8-5, the tour is roughly 8:30 to 3:30 so it gives you about an hour to shop in the port area as well.

We have booked the tour with Spencer as even reading the words 'long, winding bus journey' is making me feel travel sick! But on top of that with the Spencer tour you get 2 hours at the beach, vs I think 45 mins with Cosol. Hoping the tour goes well, we don't go until December!

Another alternative that no one has mentioned is Joe Knows Tours. They also offer the speedboat ride both ways to the mud bathes, the falls, local restaurant on the beach for lunch, swimming and snorkeling. I've done them twice and had JR for our guide. They are 5 star rated on Trip Advisor, an excellent day!

Another alternative that no one has mentioned is Joe Knows Tours. They also offer the speedboat ride both ways to the mud bathes, the falls, local restaurant on the beach for lunch, swimming and snorkeling. I've done them twice and had JR for our guide. They are 5 star rated on Trip Advisor, an excellent day!

Wondering if the boats are approximately the same number of passengers as Spencer’s. Any significant differences or just a different option of about the same with good reviews as well?

How do I find out how to book with Spencer??

I think we had booked with him 4 yrs. ago & had to cancel because of bad, really bad, rain storm that hit right when we got to the port! I've forgotten how I contacted him so any help would be appreciated. :D

Wondering if the boats are approximately the same number of passengers as Spencer’s. Any significant differences or just a different option of about the same with good reviews as well?

We had 9 people from our roll call the first time and 8 a couple months ago. I only had 6 people from our roll call originally but JR had told me if I got two more for a total of 8 he would give us a private boat. I was able to get two more people from our roll call so it worked out perfect.