Resort Day Pass in St. Lucia?

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:53 AM.
153 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Any recommendations? Heard good things about the Landings and St. James Club...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
May 98: NCL Wind
Dec 06: Disney Magic
Dec 2011: NCL Epic
Mar 2012: RCCL Allure of the Seas
Dec 2013: Disney Fantasy
Apr 2014: NCL Epic

Mar 2015: RCCL Oasis of the Seas
Dec 2015: Royal Princess
Mar 2016: NCL Escape
Dec 2016: Celebrity Equinox
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,967 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by Juliayn
Any recommendations? Heard good things about the Landings and St. James Club...

Unless you're getting a ridiculously good price for either, it's not worth it. Beaches are public, food and drink is available cheap at most beaches, chairs and umbrellas too. And if you want a pool - why not stay onboard your mostly empty ship and enjoy there?
For great beach and activites, Reduit Beach in Rodney Bay is a sure bet. Splash Park. Watersports, beach bars and restaurants, chairs and umbrellas, etc
Vigie Beach is walking distance with boardwalk, restaurants and bars, shade chairs, etc.
Pigeon Island has beach, snorkekng, ruins hiking, etc.
And so on...
Niagara Falls Canada
53 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
We had a great day at Calabash Cove resort in December. It's a beautiful
boutique resort with amazing staff, food, infinity pool and beach about a 15 minute taxi drive from port. We paid $20 for use of the facilities. check out their website and emails them directly.
Food and beverages were priced very reasonably as well

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Niagara Falls Canada
53 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Reed princess there are a lot of valid reasons why people look for resorts with pool facilities. I happen to travel with someone who has health issues. We wanted to be off the ship and experience the hospitality of St Lucia but go to a place that we knew she could enjoy fully with her mobility limitations, could accommodate diet restrictions etc. You offer a lot of great advice on this site, maybe you could omit your judgemental comments moving forward.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

St. Lucia, West Indies
3,967 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by Janedoe2012
Reed princess there are a lot of valid reasons why people look for resorts with pool facilities. I happen to travel with someone who has health issues. We wanted to be off the ship and experience the hospitality of St Lucia but go to a place that we knew she could enjoy fully with her mobility limitations, could accommodate diet restrictions etc. You offer a lot of great advice on this site, maybe you could omit your judgemental comments moving forward.

Not sure why or how you took my post above as judgmental, but OK. Interesting choice of location to visit by yourselves given your stated mobility issues (Calabash Cove). Glad you enjoyed yourselves though.

I stand by my post above wholeheartedly - unless the OP is getting a ridiculously amazing price for the two hotels mentioned, it's absolutely not worth it. The beach at St James is not good at all (and the alcohol options are downright abysmal - for an AI that charges what they do, they should be ashamed of themselves). The Landings has a beautiful beach - which is wide open to the public - but their pools are the size of postage stamps, likely similar or smaller than the ones on the OPs ship, so why bother paying to use them when there's no poolside food or drink service at them, the resort is not all-inclusive, and yiu can visit the restaurant as a non-resident guest without paying any sort of fee? Hence, doesn't make sense... If the OP wants to visit a resort for lunch and beach, there's no need to oay a resort fee for most places such as the Landings - that's only if you want to use the resort facilties like pool, chairs, etc. It's not worth the money for the vast majority of places.
If you've read my posts as you indicate you see where I have suggested resorts or day passes for folks, but in most cases it makes little sense to do such as beaches are oubkic, many resort restaurants ate open to the public (including Calabash Cove BTW, so you essentially paid to use their pool), plenty of delicious dining and drink options available outside hotels also that can accommodate dietary issues etc, and so on.
It's personal choice how folks opt to see d their days...
153 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by reedprincess
Unless you're getting a ridiculously good price for either, it's not worth it. Beaches are public, food and drink is available cheap at most beaches, chairs and umbrellas too. And if you want a pool - why not stay onboard your mostly empty ship and enjoy there?

For great beach and activites, Reduit Beach in Rodney Bay is a sure bet. Splash Park. Watersports, beach bars and restaurants, chairs and umbrellas, etc

Vigie Beach is walking distance with boardwalk, restaurants and bars, shade chairs, etc.

Pigeon Island has beach, snorkekng, ruins hiking, etc.

And so on...

Thank you for this!!!! Kids had a blast at Splash Park!

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

St. Lucia, West Indies
3,967 Posts
Joined Aug 2008

Great to hear! Glad to help. Thanks for coming back and letting us know what you chose and how it went! Happy sails.
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,967 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by PoppyandNana
Any recommendations for day passes in St. Kitts or Barbados?
Best source for that info is their own individual forums.
Braintree, MA
674 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
How is the beach by the Splash Park? I'm having a hard time finding any good pictures of the beach. My girls would like the Splash Park but I'm also looking for a beautiful beach. (I really want to go to Anse Chastanet but that won't happen)

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sailed
Majesty of the Seas June 98
Norwegian Majesty May 99
Enchantment of the Seas October 00
Grandeur of the Seas October 02
Navigator of the Seas October 03
Norwegian Majesty September 05
Jewel of the Seas October 06
Majesty of the Seas September 07
Liberty of the Seas September 07
Navigator of the Seas February 08
Jewel of the Seas October 09
Norwegian Pearl February 11
Norwegian Dawn February 12
Norwegian Dawn February 13
Norwegian Sun February 14
Independence of the Seas February 15
Liberty of the Seas February 16
Serenade of the Seas February 17

Upcoming Cruises
153 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Beach is not anything special but nice. Splash Park is the highlight, not the beach.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Rochester, NY
21 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
Gorgeous! I was hesitant because we wanted to be on the beach as well- but it looks like that Calabash Cove has one? Are children welcomed?

Originally posted by Janedoe2012

St. Lucia, West Indies
3,967 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by aress
Gorgeous! I was hesitant because we wanted to be on the beach as well- but it looks like that Calabash Cove has one? Are children welcomed?
Calabash Cove is adults only.
Merion, Pennsylvania
63,612 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
Originally posted by reedprincess
Calabash Cove is adults only.
Reed Princess, it seems that Vigie Beach has no public restrooms. True?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Email me!

I have cruised on:

Princess: Crown Princess, Sapphire Princess
Celebrity: Summit, Equinox
Royal Caribbean: Anthem, Quantum, Allure, Oasis, Harmony, Independence, Liberty, Freedom, Mariner, Navigator, Explorer, Voyager, Jewel, Serenade, Radiance, Enchantment, Grandeur, Legend, Rhapsody, Majesty, Monarch, Sovereign

Register for your Meet & Mingle here: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,967 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by Merion_Mom
Reed Princess, it seems that Vigie Beach has no public restrooms. True?
Untrue. Vigie has the Boardwalk with two sets of public restrooms, along with the restrooms across at the airport itself.
Of course, if you stop short of the Boardwalk, there's no public facilities (it's a long stretch if beach!), so you'd either do like the fishies or walk on down to the Boardwalk itself.