Carnival shareholder OBC

vannerhawk

Could some kind person please post the current fax number for applications in th US.

The US fax number I have to submit your request for the Carnival Shareholder Benefit to Cunard is 661-753-0180. The details can be found on the pdf file that can be downloaded via this link.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9Mjc0MjIzfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

Regards, John

Note that you won't get a confirmation to your fax. You or your TA will need to get an update to your booking info to see if the OBC has been added to your account. If not, you will have to fax again. This has happened to us several times with Cunard. Unfortunate but true.

To again draw an unfortunate comparison, for our HAL cruise this summer I received an email confirmation directly from Holland America within a couple of hours of faxing my information.

The HAL office staff seem to do a better job. We don't travel HAL all that often, but have a Christmas cruise on HAL coming up. We faxed our stock ownership docs and also received a confirmation right away, and the OBC was posted to our account right away.

I just did mine last week. Both HAL and Cunard sent confirmations within a few days. And of interesting note, both cruises were for next summer. Wasn’t sure it would be accepted so far in advance.

That is interesting. I first applied for Carnival shareholder OBC about 5 years ago. I sent in the application with my latest stock ownership statement about 6 months before embarkation and received a message back from Carnival saying that the stock ownership statement could be not dated more than 90 days prior to embarkation. Perhaps that has changed since then.

That is interesting. I first applied for Carnival shareholder OBC about 5 years ago. I sent in the application with my latest stock ownership statement about 6 months before embarkation and received a message back from Carnival saying that the stock ownership statement could be not dated more than 90 days prior to embarkation. Perhaps that has changed since then.

That was my understanding as well -- that the proof of Carnival share ownership was supposed to be dated no more than three months before the voyage departure date. However, I am having a hard time finding much of anything that actually states that.

There is a document for Princess Cruises one can find via a google search titled "Carnival Corporation & plc Shareholder Benefit Request Form". That document states "Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date."

But the document about the shareholder benefit available from the Carnival Corporation web site (for which I provided the link in my previous reply above) mentions nothing about that. All it states is that applications for the shareholder benefit must be made at least two week prior to the cruise departure date.

Now "ask.cunard.com" does make this statement about the shareholder benefit application process. "Provide proof of ownership of Carnival plc stock or securities to Carnival UK (dated within the last 3 months)." To me, this implies that the proof of ownership only needs to be dated within three months of when the application is submitted -- not within three months of the voyage departure date.

So, make of this what you will. I think I shall continue to submit my requests with brokerage statements dated within three months of departure just to be sure, but it sounds like that may not be necessary anymore. Or as sometimes happens, perhaps there are different rules for the US and the UK.

Regards, John

Edited by bluemarble

That was my understanding as well -- that the proof of Carnival share ownership was supposed to be dated no more than three months before the voyage departure date. However, I am having a hard time finding much of anything that actually states that.

There is a document for Princess Cruises one can find via a google search titled "Carnival Corporation & plc Shareholder Benefit Request Form". That document states "Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date."

But the document about the shareholder benefit available from the Carnival Corporation web site (for which I provided the link in my previous reply above) mentions nothing about that. All it states is that applications for the shareholder benefit must be made at least two week prior to the cruise departure date.

Now "ask.cunard.com" does make this statement about the shareholder benefit application process. "Provide proof of ownership of Carnival plc stock or securities to Carnival UK (dated within the last 3 months)." To me, this implies that the proof of ownership only needs to be dated within three months of when the application is submitted -- not within three months of the voyage departure date.

So, make of this what you will. I think I shall continue to submit my requests with brokerage statements dated within three months of departure just to be sure, but it sounds like that may not be necessary anymore. Or as sometimes happens, perhaps there are different rules for the US and the UK.

Regards, John

Ok- I’m in the US and it appears that you also are in the US, so I don’t know what different rules you are referring to.

I read a few posts that said people requested early, so I tried it. I knew that I could always resend if needed but it worked for both HAL in July and Cunard in August.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok- I’m in the US and it appears that you also are in the US, so I don’t know what different rules you are referring to.

I read a few posts that said people requested early, so I tried it. I knew that I could always resend if needed but it worked for both HAL in July and Cunard in August.

Thanks for confirming you are in the US. I couldn't tell from your profile. That helps clarify for me that Cunard's US Booking Support office in California is accepting shareholder benefit applications earlier than three months before departure. So apparently the policy has changed sometime in the past several years with regards to shareholder benefit requests being accepted more than three months before departure. That's good to know.

Just out of curiosity, did you fax your request to Cunard and did Cunard send the confirmation of your request via email? I send my requests via snail mail and include my email address in the cover letter, but I have never received confirmation from Cunard in the past. That's welcome news to hear that Cunard is now acknowledging US shareholder benefit requests.

Regards, John

Thanks for confirming you are in the US. I couldn't tell from your profile. That helps clarify for me that Cunard's US Booking Support office in California is accepting shareholder benefit applications earlier than three months before departure. So apparently the policy has changed sometime in the past several years with regards to shareholder benefit requests being accepted more than three months before departure. That's good to know.

Just out of curiosity, did you fax your request to Cunard and did Cunard send the confirmation of your request via email? I send my requests via snail mail and include my email address in the cover letter, but I have never received confirmation from Cunard in the past. That's welcome news to hear that Cunard is now acknowledging US shareholder benefit requests.

Regards, John

Sent confirmation via travel agency

We are in Canada. We faxed our request to Cunard on November 14th and were informed by email on November 16th that our request was granted and they included an updated Booking Confirmation showing the Onboard Credit. We are sailing on QM2 on January 3rd. Almost time for my happy dance.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't cruise until 2019, and was wondering the same thing... So I'll wait till 90 days before and Thank You for this information.

When I book a Carnival Cruise, I have never had a problem with OBC Shareholder benefit, and then there's a note in my cabin on embarkation confirming it. Glad to hear Cunard works in similar ways!