Gulf Coast Departures Canceled?

There is absolutely nothing on their website about this. If they were doing this, they would have something on their website for the people that are booked that would be freaking out about the cancellations.

I'm in Pensacola and it was a crawler on the bottom of the screen.

The research I have done shows they will not sail through the oil but are sailing through the dirty areas only in daylight.

This info is from yesterdays internet though.

I am not sure if they have made a change.

If a decision was made this morning then the site would not reflect this immediately.

I so want this to be "NOT TRUE" as I am booked out of NOLA for December.

I would think something like that would be MAJOR news on their website. I hope this isn't one of those rumor threads. Too many people are booked on cruises from that region and would freak out over this one.

So, without proof, I'd ask the administrators of the forum to pull this thread. All it will do is cause a lot of worry and grief!

I saw a crawler on the news this morning that Carnival has canceled all Gulf Coast departures. They will not sail through the oil.

Any one confirm?

You don't remember what channel or network you saw it on?

I agree, mods should pull this thread, as without any link to this news, its just someone who thinks that is what he read on a news crawler that he read fast.

Talk about feeding rumors and fears .. titles like this should do it...

I saw the crawler on Good Morning America this morning. It said that Carnival announced that they would no longer be sailing through the affected area AT NIGHT. They will adjust their schedules to sail that area during daylight hours. NOTHING was said about cancelling cruises.

also agree that it needs to be removed...they could have been talking about dinner cruise ships that go out in the evenings for a few hours.

They have lots of them around here

For what it's worth, DH & I noticed that the Triumph was moving at very slow speeds off and on during our 7 day cruise last month. We assumed this was to prevent arriving at the ports too early. It would seem that the Captain could easily make up any lost time by picking up a little speed. At this point, I don't see any problem with the Triumph making her ports on schedule after a late departure from NOLA.

I agree, mods should pull this thread, as without any link to this news, its just someone who thinks that is what he read on a news crawler that he read fast.

Talk about feeding rumors and fears .. titles like this should do it...

Then the rest of the threads that are rumors with no official Carnival back up should be pulled....the board would end up being a desolate wasteland...LMAO

:p

I saw the crawler on Good Morning America this morning. It said that Carnival announced that they would no longer be sailing through the affected area AT NIGHT. They will adjust their schedules to sail that area during daylight hours. NOTHING was said about cancelling cruises.

Quoting myself to bring it up again. I read this crawler several times during the Good Morning America show today, and I know what I read. I have as much interest in this as anyone on this board, so I paid careful attention to this crawler when I saw "Carnival Ships". I always read the crawlers, anyway. If I see something interesting that I don't catch in its entirety the first time, I will back it up and read it again. Hopefully, those who did not see it will trust that I am not mistaken about what I read, which is in the above quote....

Archived