Lobster Alive in Barbados

Haven't been to the restaurant, but I think we rented some chairs and umbrellas and got some beers from them, or some place right near by. The beach there is magnficent, very large and not at all crowded. A little futher down on the beach, going left as you face the water, there used to be a lunch shack owned by Doris, and old Barbados lady, very independent. "What time is lunch" response, "when I feel like makin it" "What's on the menu?" "What I feel like cookin" Great fun. We're heading back there in December! :cool:

Spent a day at Lobster Alive which is on Carlisle Bay. Didn't eat there but hired two sun loungers and brolly at a total cost of 15USD which includes 3 free drinks either rum punch or soft drink but not beer and free wi-fi. Beer can be purchased individually or by the bucket of 4 for 10USD. Guy who collects the money is friendly and keeps the area of beach in front of the restaurant clean and tidy. We were on a cruise and decided to walk from the cruise terminal to the beach but it takes around 30 minutes. On our return we took a taxi at a cost of 8USD. Lobster Alive is next door to The Boatyard which is very popular with visitors but they charge 20USD per head to enter which I understand includes sun loungers and brolly and also free drinks plus a return taxi to the cruise terminal. Had we gone to the Boatyard which was our original intention we would have been 40USD as opposed to 23USD at Lobster Alive. We were glad we had chosen Lobster Alive as it was much quieter and not so busy as the Boatyard. The beach was lovely and the sea was crystal clear and I would recommend a visit to this beach for all beach lovers

Spent a day at Lobster Alive which is on Carlisle Bay. Didn't eat there but hired two sun loungers and brolly at a total cost of 15USD which includes 3 free drinks either rum punch or soft drink but not beer and free wi-fi. Beer can be purchased individually or by the bucket of 4 for 10USD. Guy who collects the money is friendly and keeps the area of beach in front of the restaurant clean and tidy. The beach was lovely and the sea was crystal clear and I would recommend a visit to this beach for all beach lovers

Is that three drinks (not beer) each or to be shared? It makes sense that it be three each, but that really makes it a deal! Did it look like there was any decent snorkeling nearby?

No such luck as three drinks each. Seemed to be one free drink for each 5USD spent. Not sure about snorkelling but I would imagine there would be a good chance it could be arranged. There was a glass bottomed boat that came to the shore from time to time to pick up people and the guys who sold those trips I would guess could point you in the right direction for a snorkelling trip

We always visit Lobster Alive when in Barbados. Beware of the Rum Punch, it will sneak up on you! We had a driver last time in Barbados (James Taxi Service) which gave us a wonderful tour of the island. We wanted to make our traditional stop at Lobster Alive before heading back to the ship. We told our driver we would just walk back or taxi back to the ship, but good thing he waited for us! After a few of their Rum Punch we lost track of time (and rum punch's) and our driver retrieved us from the beach! Yikes. It's how our travel companion earned the nick name "Rum Punch" lol.

Fun memories of Lobster Alive from many years ago when a very nice lady (I believe from South Africa) owned or ran the place. It has changed owners since then, but we still visit every time we are in Barbados. Wish we could back in the day when the beach was tranquil and empty but now there's The Boat Yard...and many cruise ship visitors. Lobster Alive rents beach chairs/umbrellas and is quieter and nicer in our opinion than the Boat Yard. Have never tried the lobster.

Is that three drinks (not beer) each or to be shared? It makes sense that it be three each, but that really makes it a deal! Did it look like there was any decent snorkeling nearby?

For $20 you can go out in the glass bottom boat which will take you to a shipwreck teeming with tropical fish, and then to the area where you can swim with the turtles. They provide snorkel gear. These areas are only a few hundred yards from the beach. The trip is about 45mins. I have done it twice, it is excellent! A guy walks along the beach touting for this. He will find you.