West bay lobster lunch and adult beverages?

Lisaisme0910

We will be heading to West Bay for off beach snorkeling and chill beach day...any suggestions for lunch (preferably lobster and/or local seafood) and of course some adult beverages. Looking for somewhere beach front if possible...Thanks for any suggestions.

We will be heading to West Bay for off beach snorkeling and chill beach day...any suggestions for lunch (preferably lobster and/or local seafood) and of course some adult beverages. Looking for somewhere beach front if possible...Thanks for any suggestions.

Once upon a time the food at Bite on the Beach was very good.. their dining area is actually over the water. Beaches is said to be some of the best food on the beach. I find most of the food on West Bay to be Americanized and not that great. Roatan is really not a foodie destination people go because the reef is amazing.

Lobster has a season please make sure it's actually lobster season when you order it.

Bite on the Beach is no more. Fosters (restaurant) has changed hands again and kind of back from the beach and really not that good. Once you get to West Bay Beach, there are a number of restaurants that offer adult beverages and seafood. Grand Roatan and Infinity Bay are both right in front of where you’ll be snorkelling. Both have very good beach front restaurants. Lobster is not in season so any that you order is likely frozen, not to say that it isn’t good.

Paradise Resort a little further down has a huge seafood platter that would feed four plus other seafood on the menu. Beachers is known for their coconut shrimp. If you keep going past Fosters, down the boardwalk in front of Casibe Tesoro you’ll find yourself at Los Rocas where they have a great 2 for 1 (all day i think), plus they have very good fish tacos and you can sit on the deck by the ocean.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here's the issue..... Roatan is part of Honduras, and is a 3rd World poverty country. People are not fancy, don't go there and expect a 5 star meal provided by the locals. It isn't going to happen. People on Roatan are lovely people, but not fancy or elegant. Lobster is what they sell to tourists only, locals never eat it, its too hard to procure and expensive to them when it can be sold for $$ to tourists.

Local food, may mean some local fish, but you are more likely to see roasted chicken or "Honduran chicken - actually iguana", no kidding. Rice and beans are at every meal, as well as maybe some yummy squash, salsa and chips. Not much more.

Don't go to Roatan and look for elegant, it will all be at Amercan resorts and not authentic at all, and expensive.

just my 2 cents.

robin

Robin- thanks for the information--I am in no way expecting elegance...just thinking local seafood possible lobster(now knowing its not in season when I am going) and a few beers.

I am a beach bum kinda girl...going in flip flops and shorts...

Thanks again for the heads up tho

This might not meet your needs for a beachfront place, but there is a wonderful and relatively cheap seafood restaurant at the Coxen Hole port. It is the Breadfruit Grill.

If you dock there, look for where there is a zipline from the port across the water and it ends at Fort Consolidation, home of the Breadfruit Grill.

The staff at the port zipline entry area will have you driven over in their vehicle. They will take you back to the port if you ask.

We have eaten lobster, fish and lots of excellent seafood there. It is on the water.

The prices are amazing and would love to go back anytime!

Thank you - the zipline@ the port is interesting too

This might not meet your needs for a beachfront place, but there is a wonderful and relatively cheap seafood restaurant at the Coxen Hole port. It is the Breadfruit Grill.

If you dock there, look for where there is a zipline from the port across the water and it ends at Fort Consolidation, home of the Breadfruit Grill.

The staff at the port zipline entry area will have you driven over in their vehicle. They will take you back to the port if you ask.

We have eaten lobster, fish and lots of excellent seafood there. It is on the water.

The prices are amazing and would love to go back anytime!