Which cruise line would be best for Alaska???

Harrylinden

Depends on what you want to do...

You definitely want a line and itinerary that goes into Glacier Bay if you can...

If you are considering a land portion with the cruise line, Princess gets the edge in my books because they operate their own lodges, train cars, etc which really makes logistics easier..

We want to go to Alaska next year and we are debating which cruise line would be best for Alaska? We been on Princess,Celebrity and RCCL Any help would be appreciated!:D

Princess or Holland America. Celebrity and RCCL don't do Glacier Bay so I would not do them if it were your first Alaska cruise.

We want to go to Alaska next year and we are debating which cruise line would be best for Alaska? We been on Princess,Celebrity and RCCL Any help would be appreciated!:D

If you want to go to Glacier Bay, then your choices are limited to Princess, HAL and Norwegian. IMO, you should go with a cruisetour and see more of Alaska. Princess and HAL are best positioned for that.

I have only done 2 lines in Alaska - Princess and RCCL. Princess has a naturalist and several speakers who come onboard and do presentations. It is quite an educational experience and has helped me learn more about Alaska. On our RCCL, there were no speakers on Alaska. Sometimes they do but it is not guaranteed. More hit and miss. I would not do RCCL in Alaska again.

As others pointed out, Princess, HAL and NCL have permits to Glacier Bay. RCCL and Celebrity do not. I highly recommend Glacier Bay as it is pretty much guaranteed. Hubbard and Tracy Arm are not guaranteed and some seasons, are very limited for viewing.

I think Princess's one way cruises are some of the best itineraries out there as they have 2 glacier days.

Princess especially if you are doing a land package . From the time you arrive in Alaska until you disembark the ship you are cared for by Princess . My wife left her travel bag in the Princess lodge coffee shop and noticed it when we were heading by train to Denali . The train car attendant called the lodge and it was forwarded to us by the next day. Controlling all parts of their Alaska operations gives Princess a huge advantage in customer service over other cruise lines .

I've only sailed with Princess in Alaska & not only do they go to Glacier Bay but they have other great things to experience during an Alaskan cruise.

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/alaska-cruises/onboard-experience/

Thank you for posting this link. It makes me more excited for our 60th birthday cruise next year. 3 of us are high school buddies and one is one of my friend's best friends she met at work. Looks like an Alaska cruise is a great way to start the 60's :):);)