Live from the Regal Princess First Ocean Medallion Cruise November 13 2017

mcg1313

Wonderful new Terminal 2 experience - no more queuing outside, breeze thru check-in, enjoying the revamped Preferred lounge, and we have our medallions! 01c90e67a91f52e6e700c57fdc9eb24e.jpgecfb893882757910d7926e575c57ffd6.jpg6434d7cdfff5fa1ef0ea929588d2188a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow thanks for the photos! Is the preferred lounge for Elites or just the Medallion passengers? I'm on the 12/17 cruise. Unfortunately the cabin was not selected for the Roll out. I'm subscribed & enjoying your live! Bon Voyage and have a fantastic cruise!

Linda

Wow thanks for the photos! Is the preferred lounge for Elites or just the Medallion passengers? I'm on the 12/17 cruise. Unfortunately the cabin was not selected for the Roll out. I'm subscribed & enjoying your live! Bon Voyage and have a fantastic cruise!

Linda

When we were there it was all Medallion people as we were being held to board until we had our backup cruise cards. We are Platinum so have usually been in the preferred lounge since that’s one of our perks too.

When we were there it was all Medallion people as we were being held to board until we had our backup cruise cards. We are Platinum so have usually been in the preferred lounge since that’s one of our perks too.

[emoji106]

I was told by the concierge a couple days ago that the medallion will be tested on the rooms in the 200's-300's, but she didn't say which deck. She also said that about 100 people will have them.

Hi there,

I'm onboard and have a medallion. All of the chosen cabins are part of muster station B if that helps. You can't move without a princess staff person asking if they could help with something. IT is working feverishly to get the cabin door panels working. I still have to use my card to open the door.

If it's ok, I'll chime in with comments as we go as well:D

Kris

Hi there,

I'm onboard and have a medallion. All of the chosen cabins are part of muster station B if that helps. You can't move without a princess staff person asking if they could help with something. IT is working feverishly to get the cabin door panels working. I still have to use my card to open the door.

If it's ok, I'll chime in with comments as we go as well:D

Kris

THank you for giving us some information. Looking forward to hearing how your cruise goes.

Not everyone uses a computer or a smart phone, what happens to them with the medallion?

Their cabin door still opens only you don't need to fumble for your cruise card.

You can still order drinks or purchase things in the shops only you don't need to fumble for your cruise card.

You can still go on and off the ship only you don't need to fumble for your cruise card.

You can access the special features via touch screens all around the ship and via the television in your cabin.

What they can't do is access the features say from a seat in Crooners, the Princess Theater or Explorers or ... however, even an inexpensive Fire tablet from Amazon would do the job.

Jan Swartz is here and will be doing a talk at 3:45 on the new technology. According to the people I talked with, neither cruise this week is sailing full. Wednesday still has a good amount of openings but no great price drop yet.

Kris

Thank you again. Please let us know if they say when they will be adding more medallion passengers to future cruises. (I'm on 11/26 and was not picked for a medallion)

Jan Swartz is here and will be doing a talk at 3:45 on the new technology. According to the people I talked with, neither cruise this week is sailing full. Wednesday still has a good amount of openings but no great price drop yet.

Kris

Is she talking in the theater? I don’t see anything listed in the patter.

Is she talking in the theater? I don’t see anything listed in the patter.

According to the online patter it's at 3:45 in princess live. He steward was just by with an invitation as well. It's only for the medallion cabins. I'll try to take notes and post what we find out.

Kris

According to the online patter it's at 3:45 in princess live. He steward was just by with an invitation as well. It's only for the medallion cabins. I'll try to take notes and post what we find out.

Kris

Great thanks so much for being our eyes and ears!!! We sail 12/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How far in advance were folks notified of their being selected for ***** or not? I'm not sailing on Royal until 2/18, but I'm still curious what to expect or not to expect.

For us we got the phone call from Princess a week ago.

So they have an ocean store as well to buy something to hold your medallion. They have clips, bangles (gold), and pendants. For those worried that their loyalty would not be visible, there are lanyards where the piece that holds the medallion is your loyalty color.

Kris

Just chipping in here with our experience - we walked right through to collect our medallions at the terminal in a special line. Lots of excited "Navigators" waiting to check our details and hand over our box. They took our picture and gave us backup cruise cards. Quite thrilling when Arnold Donald and the chief innovator John Padgett were swept through at the same time. Then we were shown to the theatre where our tagalongs and first names popped up on a huge screen. A Navigator then helped us put on our wristbands and we could board immediately. Still had to scan our cruise card and take our picture again though!

The atrium was all decked out with Medallion launch hangings.

We went straight to our cabin on Marina deck but no luck opening the door with our medallions so had to use the cruise card method. Met an IT guy who said they were working on it. Marina deck cabins M201 to M243 seem to have readers outside their rooms.

We tried logging onto MedallionNet but couldn't find it until an hour later- wasn't launched until 12:30 apparently. Also couldn't login to SocialOcean again but they are working on that too. Have found Ocean Concierge which replaces the old at sea app via MedallionNet

We have since ordered 2 drinks each using the old cruise card so waiting to see what we can use later.

Bumped into Aaron the ACD from majestic who is also a navigator and he said we should be able to order menu items via here and now when it is launched.

Spotted some accessories to buy on deck 6 when we sail - a delicate chain necklace for 64.99 and a lanyard for 7.99.

Back to the cabin to relax before the intro session - our luggage has arrived and the steward says no need to take lifejackets to muster!!

Sandra and Chris

Edited by dides