Will we be disappointed if we don't book a tour on Pigeon Island?

brother_unknown

Our beach picnic was on Pigeon Island. They brought over all the water toys and the food and drink flowed. We walked around the area and there were some ruins of a fort to see. There was also a very small bar that looked out over the ocean where we had a delicious rum punch and chatted with the bartender. It was a nice laid back day.

Is there enough to see by just walking about? Or do we need transportation to get to any areas of interest? Also is there good snorkling from the beach near where we land?

Check out Pigeon Island on the TripAdvisor St. Lucia page. We've been to the island many times. We're planning on visiting a nearby resort for lunch and to hang out on their beach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 months later...
Check out Pigeon Island on the TripAdvisor St. Lucia page. We've been to the island many times. We're planning on visiting a nearby resort for lunch and to hang out on their beach.

Which resort did you visit? Did you enjoy your day there and would you recommend it?

On my recent Windstar cruise, the Windstar excursion was the “Cas en Bas” trail. I think this is the same as http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=SLJ8&DestinationCode=

in which case it starts with a drive.

Our Windstar call on Pigeon Island did get us free entry into the national park, and there were some short walks we could do there, but no real hikes.

On my recent Windstar cruise, the Windstar excursion was the “Cas en Bas” trail. I think this is the same as http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=SLJ8&DestinationCode=

in which case it starts with a drive.

Our Windstar call on Pigeon Island did get us free entry into the national park, and there were some short walks we could do there, but no real hikes.

The hike up to fort Rodney and the hill can be strenuous during the day. Great view of the area. Bring lots of water.

You are right. On the B2B last month on the Surf out of Barbados, one week the beach party was in Mayreau (fabulous beach) and we visited Pigeon Island another day, and the other week the beach party was at Pigeon Island. Back to St Maarten next year, we will be at Prickly Pear Beach on Virgin Gorda. Hope the beach party will be there. A beautiful beach! Love the Windsurf!