Paying for an upgrade before final payment....

If you have an inside cabin and want an outside cabin is the upgrade price as simple as the price difference posted on the website? Or are there "deals" to be had if you call?

Our cruise is in August, there are still a ton of cabins available, is it worth a call or will the answer simply be the price difference I see when I look it up myself?

Generally, the upgrade price would be current price of desired cabin minus price you paid for current cabin.

You can call in and have them do the calculation for you. Small chance they will find a better price in their system then you see on line.

Generally, the upgrade price would be current price of desired cabin minus price you paid for current cabin.

You can call in and have them do the calculation for you. Small chance they will find a better price in their system then you see on line.

That's what I figured, thanks so much!

If you are already booked, you might as well wait till after final to look for upgrades.

Thanks for the response. I always thought of upgrades after final payment as a last ditch effort should prices go down after you're all paid up.

Are you saying you're more likely to get a good deal on an upgrade after you're locked in with a final payment than before?

Thanks for the response. I always thought of upgrades after final payment as a last ditch effort should prices go down after you're all paid up.

Are you saying you're more likely to get a good deal on an upgrade after you're locked in with a final payment than before?

And do remember it's the date final payment is due, not the date you decide to make final payment.

... Are you saying you're more likely to get a good deal on an upgrade after you're locked in with a final payment than before?

Some sailings have significant price drops after final payment date.