Drink Packages, Vroom with Packages Back

SirRedman

I'm not happy with the way it's presented. The package wouldn't be worth it unless a great deal, then it would be a matter of convenience.

I'm on Oasis April1. They were advertising $45 (plus gratuity) per day. Not bad but not a must have for me. Now today they added a Buy one get one 50% off on top of the other ad. Yes it STILL says 45/day.

I called because the result I got was well more than Buy one get one half off of $45. The total they quoted is $743 including the 18% gratuity. Not sure exactly how they come to that.

I'm not happy with the way it's presented. The package wouldn't be worth it unless a great deal, then it would be a matter of convenience.

I'm on Oasis April1. They were advertising $45 (plus gratuity) per day. Not bad but not a must have for me. Now today they added a Buy one get one 50% off on top of the other ad. Yes it STILL says 45/day.

I called because the result I got was well more than Buy one get one half off of $45. The total they quoted is $743 including the 18% gratuity. Not sure exactly how they come to that.

$45.00 per day + 18% gratuity = $53.10 per day x 7 days = $371.70 x 2 people = $743.40 total

Doesn't look like you are getting the 50% off.

No, the $45 is already the BOGO price. It's not computed ON that price.

$60 + $30 = $90. So it is $45 per person per day for the deluxe beverage package.

Where did they get that $60 price from? Only The Shadow Knows.

Nailed it. It's the same deal as before, just worded differently.

Except the guy on the phone kept trying to tell me it was on $53 and not 60. The math wasn't working.

To have $45 per person on their site for several days, THEN throw that BOGOHO banner across it, while still showing the $45 per person price is some shady dealing.

Nailed it. It's the same deal as before, just worded differently.

Yes. If you read ANY of the many threads on Cruise Critic about the deluxe beverage package, you will always see the advice: Ignore the wording of the offer. Just look at the price. Book it if you like the price. If it goes down, you can always cancel and rebook at the lower price.

Yes. If you read ANY of the many threads on Cruise Critic about the deluxe beverage package, you will always see the advice: Ignore the wording of the offer. Just look at the price. Book it if you like the price. If it goes down, you can always cancel and rebook at the lower price.

That's exactly what I did today. Cancelled my Deluxe + Voom for $59/day and re-purchased it for $57/day. Was able to reuse my OBC instantly, if anyone was wondering about OBC.

• 1 month later...

I just got off the Allure and I paid $61 per day for the deluxe drink package and Vroom combined, just under $500 for the cruise. I am not a heavy drinker until I got on the cruise, lol. Great deal for the unlimited Patron and Grey Goose included in the deluxe with no limits. If the package price increases in the future, you can blame me. :-)

• 1 month later...
I just got off the Allure and I paid $61 per day for the deluxe drink package and Vroom combined, just under $500 for the cruise. I am not a heavy drinker until I got on the cruise, lol. Great deal for the unlimited Patron and Grey Goose included in the deluxe with no limits. If the package price increases in the future, you can blame me. :-)

I assume the 61 per day included gratuities. Did you get billed for for 7 days or 8 days.

Glad you enjoyed the Grey Goose.

If you are booking this package before the cruise (which I assume is the only option), then you pay at the time of purchase. There is no "wait and see what the price is" on the cruise.

That having been said, cruises are always measured by nights.

a 5 night cruise, a 7 night cruise, a 12 night cruise, etc. That is the number used for charging anything that is a daily fee.