Live from the Armonia

jay888

As this my first cruise with MSC I would like to share my experience so far. I have cruised for many years on many different cruise lines. Ordinary booked for the 4th November 2017 but had to cancell 2 days before we where due to leave as my husband was taken in to hospital. Still waiting to hear from the insurance company. However, decide to go a head a book again. This time I booked directly with MSC on the website, which was very easy. The flights were included in the fare. Air Europa never heard of them before. Received e tickets and tried to pre book seats. Invalid booking number, so I phone Air Europa and found out because it was group booking I had to speak to the office that issued the ticket. So trying to explain in Italian they sent be back to London for group booking which I was told I had to contact MSC to book my seat. Phoned MSC and was told that all the seat where pre-booked and there was no choice. I’m tall and like to pre-book seats with extra leg room, I don’t mind paying extra and on an eleven hour fly it’s no fun being cramped. I have been able to pre-book my seats with NCL when I have done fly cruises with them

Well are all packed. I printed off copies of everything. Booked the basic all inclusive bars and restaurants drinks package Also the Surfer Cruise Plus Internet package. I wanted to preordered an anniversary cake, but that’s seems to have disappeared from the web site. I will do that when I’m on broad now. Attracted luggage labels to suitcases, they have to attracted before we fly, so will not see cases again until they arrived in the cabin. That’s going to be worrying I can never relax until I see the cases. However, I have brought the plastic luggage labels that people recommended on this site and they are great, they look very strong. You really do get some very good information on this site.

Well I did manage to upgrade to extra leg room at the airport. It was a very long day for us but worth it. The ship a grand old lady still beautiful, elegant with class. Very clean. The crew are amazing so helpful and the service is excellent. The negative so far the food in the main dinning room has been disappointing, cold. The other is the internet which is s joke

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last night dinner was excellent and hot. Can’t fault our waiter nothing is never to much trouble. The first night I found it strange that you could only order beer wine soft drinks and water Solved that problem I go to the bar and take my drink in with me. After dinner go to the coffee lounge for coffee and baileys. This is different but not a problem. This morning German music and food on deck with the sun shining great. There is music and laughter all over the ship This is a fun ship and I love it.

Gala night or elegant night. Women where dressed in long dresses, cocktail dresses and and very causal attire Men in lounge suits or just shirts and slacks. The captains cocktail party I’ve seen so many drinks served with canapés Dinner was again very good. The cheese plate does not have crackers, sometimes a very small slice of bread, but to night cheese and fruit. Did not go to show as acrobatics are not to my taste. There is music everywhere

Today Jamaica and it’s raining. Found a bus outside the terminal $20 for a tour of the area.

Missed grand cayman due to bad weather Can’t believe I was eating breakfast under a heater in the Caribbean

That's unfortunate, and is the worst thing about tender ports. They're a hit or a miss, and you cannot truly predict if you will make it or not until you're literally boarding a tender to the island. And it's that cold? What is the temperature?

No tuxedo only a few men in suits lots of shirts and slacks Very relaxed don’t forget to bring something white for white night

Thanks so much Jay, that makes it easy.

Have you been on any trips yet ?

On our way back to Cuba been on board for a week now and have no complaints The pizza, pasta, coffee and ice cream is fantastic. The best ice cream I’ve ever had on a cruise ship. There are so many different nationalities on this ship but I have felt isolated

On our way back to Cuba been on board for a week now and have no complaints The pizza, pasta, coffee and ice cream is fantastic. The best ice cream I’ve ever had on a cruise ship. There are so many different nationalities on this ship but I have felt isolated

Hi

Thanks for the reports.

Can you estimate how many English speaking pax are on board??

Annie

About 60 I would say, but the German speak English and there is a couple of Australian as well. It funny I through I would feel isolated but this not the case. All the crew speaks English and people are very friendly

About 60 I would say, but the German speak English and there is a couple of Australian as well. It funny I through I would feel isolated but this not the case. All the crew speaks English and people are very friendly

Good to hear. I was a little confused when you posted you felt isolated.

Annie

Should read I have not felt isolated

Went to see the cabaret Parisien and wonderful show Booked vis the Cubs travel network £56.00 for the two of us plus a cocktail Drove there in a 1956 Chevy Back on board later night snacks before bed A most wonderful evening. Today we are in port until 23:59