Price to upgrade to unlimited WiFi?

klo0315

We have the 250 promo...and a preteen daughter who will want to keep up with friends. We don’t want to argue the whole week about minutes so want to upgrade to unlimited. Anyone know the cost for the upgrade to unlimited? I’ve searched and can’t find a solid answer. It’s a 7 day on the Dawn if that matters. Sailing 4/1

Me: 42

DH: 40

DD: 12

DD: 9

Can she stay with friends? :):)

Sort of kidding, but I agree, would be better to not to have to bicker about the internet all week.

Believe me Ive thought about it! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While many have posted that they got the full price of the 250 credited toward an unlimited package, that has not been our experience. Maybe just an cheap internet manager.

And remember, NCL has just rolled out their new tiered internet across the fleet. Maybe a social media package is good enough for your DD.

On my last trip a 13 day on the Jewel, I had two separate sets of friends upgrade for 125$. They were in different staterooms and did it on different days of the cruise. The wifi worked really well on the Jewel we were able to stream Netflix upload photos and videos and communicate with each other.

You CANNOT upgrade a freebie to unlimited. The freebie has NO CASH VALUE. If you want the unlimited you ave to outright buy it. It has been that way for quite some time.

WRONG. I was on Escape last week and it was advertised that the free perk is valued at $125, and you could upgrade to Basic Unlimited Wi-fi for $90 or Premium Unlimited Wi-fi for $120, which I did. See this post: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55512211&postcount=98

$85 to upgrade on 7 day Getaway a few weeks ago and same on 7 day Breakaway last August. The upgrade price was actually listed on the internet pricing slip recently which I never saw before. Wound up a few dollars cheaper than buying the social media pkg for $89 and you had more access.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're nicer than we are. ;) Our 11 year old will be going sans internet access for the week (unless we are somewhere with free wi-fi). For the thousands we spend on this cruise, she's not going to be spending it buried in the phone. She can stuff her face with ice cream and get sun burn just like the rest of us. lol

You're nicer than we are. ;) Our 11 year old will be going sans internet access for the week (unless we are somewhere with free wi-fi). For the thousands we spend on this cruise, she's not going to be spending it buried in the phone. She can stuff her face with ice cream and get sun burn just like the rest of us. lol

I think this is pretty much the same with most parents. A cruise is the one time we can get them off their devices. A half hour here or there whilst in port will suffice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It cost me $89 to upgrade from the 250 to unlimited on Getaway last month. Keep in mind that you can only have one device signed in at a time unless you pay for the premium package which I believe was $30 more.

WRONG. I was on Escape last week and it was advertised that the free perk is valued at $125, and you could upgrade to Basic Unlimited Wi-fi for $90 or Premium Unlimited Wi-fi for $120, which I did. See this post: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55512211&postcount=98

So you have to do the upgrade on board and then don't get the reduced internet rate? Meh

I think this is pretty much the same with most parents. A cruise is the one time we can get them off their devices. A half hour here or there whilst in port will suffice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

She will not be “buried” in her phone, she has limits at home and will have them on the cruise. But with 4 people sharing minutes and a husband who has to check into work at least once a day we don’t want to harp on her about her minutes. She’s a kid and being able to connect with her friends is important to her.

Me: 42

DH: 40

DD: 12

DD: 9