M Class Revolution Schedule

Zoedokey

Have dates been announced for the M Class Revolution updates? The December Infinity cruise we booked a few months back is up about 35% and I was wondering if that was due to the update happening before that sailing, or if it just market conditions?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is the "M Class Revolution" please?

They are referring to the previously announced Celebrity Revolution updates to the existing ships. All M-class and S-class ships are going through a major refurbishment over the next 5 years or so. All staterooms will be completely gutted and redone with all new furniture, fixtures, colours, etc.

I'm pretty sure the M-Class are the first to be converted. Captain Kate confirmed that the Summit is the second to go for the complete refresh, but I believe that isn't until early 2019.

As well, I read somewhere that the Millennium will be refurbished prior to the Alaska 2019 season.

Millennium has cancelled six weeks' worth of sailings in mid-January into February 2019. Summit has cancelled from mid-February into March 2019. I don't think any others have been announced yet.

I seriously doubt Infinity will happen in October of this year because Edge doesn't come out until December, and I don't think they'd want to have the focus being taken from that roll-out.

• 1 month later...

Millennium seems to have been blocked out from late Aug to mid-Oct 2019 as well. We are currently booked on a cruisetour on 30 August 2019, but can't cruise planner, so suspect something has happened.

Millennium seems to have been blocked out from late Aug to mid-Oct 2019 as well. We are currently booked on a cruisetour on 30 August 2019, but can't cruise planner, so suspect something has happened.

I don't see any blocked dated.

Your august 30 2019 departure Vancouver still shows on cruise schedule searches. I'm guessing its too early for the cruise planner. Or yet another website glitch.

It departs for an AK cruise on Sept 6 2019 terminating in Vancouver on Sept 13. Then it goes from Vancouver to Singapore terminating Sept 29. From that date, it begins her season in SE Asia.

Edited by jkgourmet

Have dates been announced for the M Class Revolution updates? The December Infinity cruise we booked a few months back is up about 35% and I was wondering if that was due to the update happening before that sailing, or if it just market conditions? Quote]

Hi,

Infinity’s refit does not take place until 2020. Probably just market conditions.

Jim

I thought I read somewhere on these boards about the Infinity going maybe October 2018, but I cannot find that thread.

We have read that somewhere too that she goes to Drydock in Oct and fingers crossed it happens

We booked her for a TA expecting her to be fresh.

We prefer Murano but unfortunately I dont think thats gong to happen as Qsine and Tuscan Grille are onboard

Edited to Add-- search function pulled up a thread...

inside it was the FACTS sheet fro X

This is the full schedule from the Fact sheets

INFINITY October 28, 2018

SUMMIT January 29, 2019

MILLENNIUM May 1, 2019

CONSTELLATION May 1, 2020

SOLSTICE October 1, 2021

ECLIPSE April 14, 2020

EQUINOX April 23, 2019

SILHOUETTE January 1,2020

This is the link from Celebrity showing the schedule.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/Travel_Advisory_Panel_8.5x11_flyer.pdf

Infinity will get its extended "Revolution" dry dock by fall 2020.

If you check Celebrity's web site, they are selling 15-day Panama Canal cruises on Infinity through September and October of this year. The plan for an October (this year) dry dock for Infinity was probably cancelled. Perhaps they originally wanted to tackle Infinity this year, but the schedule looked too aggressive so they decided to start with the Millennium in January instead.

As for the pricing, I also have noticed substantial price increases recently on multiple lines. It looks like demand is picking up.

This is the link from Celebrity showing the schedule.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/Travel_Advisory_Panel_8.5x11_flyer.pdf

Infinity will get its extended "Revolution" dry dock by fall 2020.

If you check Celebrity's web site, they are selling 15-day Panama Canal cruises on Infinity through September and October of this year. The plan for an October (this year) dry dock for Infinity was probably cancelled. Perhaps they originally wanted to tackle Infinity this year, but the schedule looked too aggressive so they decided to start with the Millennium in January instead.

As for the pricing, I also have noticed substantial price increases recently on multiple lines. It looks like demand is picking up.

THIS is worrisome as before we booked several months ago there was other info...

For the cost of a TA I am not sure I want to spend the $ on a tire old ship...AND having seen some PAX pics on CC... she is long overdue!

When we asked onboard in Feb..the sales office could give us no info.

WHY is she showing going into dry dock in Oct?