Taxi from Laem Chabang

holidayhelen

Hello - we want to get a taxi from Laem Chabang to Pattaya. Are we better pre booking a taxi for our cruise in March 2018 or will we be able to pick one up at the port.

Can anyone recommend a company?

Thanks

H

I have arranged a mini-van for our sailing in January with pattaya4leisure.

http://www.pattaya4leisure.com

I opened it up to my Roll Call and currently have 6 people on it but can take up to 10 to reduce the cost.

Best part is that they do not require a deposit. You pay the driver.

• Like 1

Thank you very much. Are they picking you up inside the port?

H

I tired to see where exactly the gate is from the ship on Google Maps and it's not so clear. It doesn't look far to the gate but someone said they may have to go all the way back to the main road. Note sure but she did say that

Hi Betty,

Thank you for your mail

The port charges are around 440 baht, this price is not controlled by Pattaya 4 Leisure.

The port gates are quite a long walk from the ship.

So this is works out to about $12+ USD so between the 6 of us that is only another $2.25. Worth it I think. Maybe for the pick-up for sure and we'll see about when we come back.

Hello - we want to get a taxi from Laem Chabang to Pattaya. Are we better pre booking a taxi for our cruise in March 2018 or will we be able to pick one up at the port.

Thanks

H

I recall when I looked into this before that taxis have to have a special license in order to enter the port area. So, you'll want to confirm in advance that they have that.

They have their own taxi operation ship side, so not sure if other taxis/vans can get in. The port gate is very far from where the ships dock.

We hired a taxi right there for our trip to Pattaya in 2016. Our day in Pattaya here.

Thank you so much - I have actually been reading your blog - thats where I found out about the beach in Koh Samui. And we had dismissed Pattaya (as it has such a seedy reputation) but once I had read your blog the S of T appealed and we looked into it more.

We have an overnight in Laem Chabang but we are not really bothered about going to Bangkok. We have been looking at an overnight in Pattaya. There looks to be a nice hotel near the temple. Garden Sea View Resort.

Our other option was to go the other way and we were looking at Rayong - but we can't find out much about that area.

Any info on the rest of our ports???? Phy My (we are thinking Vang Tu) - Da Nang - and Ha Long bay (cruise of some kind)

Thanks for any help

H

Any info on the rest of our ports???? Phy My (we are thinking Vang Tu)

The ship we were on (Princess) had free shuttles to Ba Ria (30 mins).

From there, there will be local tour vans for Vung Tau tours.

Or, you can negotiate a tour in your own taxi to Vung Tau.

Or, you could pre-book a tour for pick up in Ba Ria.

As we drove out the port gates there were about 6 or so taxis waiting there, but you would be a captive audience and it's further to Vung Tau from there.

If your ship has the shuttle to Ba Ria that is the easiest option for a tour to Vung Tau I reckon.

Thank you so much - I have actually been reading your blog - thats where I found out about the beach in Koh Samui. And we had dismissed Pattaya (as it has such a seedy reputation) but once I had read your blog the S of T appealed and we looked into it more.

We have an overnight in Laem Chabang but we are not really bothered about going to Bangkok. We have been looking at an overnight in Pattaya. There looks to be a nice hotel near the temple. Garden Sea View Resort.

Our other option was to go the other way and we were looking at Rayong - but we can't find out much about that area.

Any info on the rest of our ports???? Phy My (we are thinking Vang Tu) - Da Nang - and Ha Long bay (cruise of some kind)

Thanks for any help

H

The safest way into Pattaya is to use the taxi service at the terminal where you walk off the ship. This company has the monopoly at the port and therefore you don't pay the extra port fee that the independent operators charge. From memory the cost is approx 1000 Thai baht with money changing facilities available. Staying overnite in Pattaya is a good option as there is absolutely nothing to do at the port of Laem Chabang. You should be able to negotiate your return pick up time back to the ship with the same taxi driver. Don't be put off with Pattaya's seedy reputation. There are also plenty of respectable attractions and restaurants and the seedy areas are easily avoidable. The area of North Pattaya around the Temple of Truth is quite OK.

Thanks for any help

H

Rayong is another hour past Pattaya and would be a long way to go just for an overnite. There is not much to see there and is mainly a departure point for outlying islands.

We are overnighting in Laem Chabang next month and currently are thinking of doing the cruise ship bus to Bangkok on our own one day, and then trying to find transportation to Pattaya for the second day. Saw a lot of references for Oriental Express, but their fee to go to Pattaya was basically the same as their fee to Bangkok, even though Bangkok is 4 times as far. Still trying to figure out the best option.

I didn't realize there would be any taxis already at the port; does anybody know about what the cost would be from Laem Chabang to Pattaya?

I got a quote from Pattaya 4 Leisure taxis -

Thank you for your mail, yes we can enter the port, currently port taxes are 438 baht

Price of the taxi is 1300 baht each way, price does not include port entry fees

Please reply to this e mail to confirm your reservation.

Best Regards

Pattaya 4 Leisure

Hope this helps

H

We are overnighting in Laem Chabang next month and currently are thinking of doing the cruise ship bus to Bangkok on our own one day, and then trying to find transportation to Pattaya for the second day. Saw a lot of references for Oriental Express, but their fee to go to Pattaya was basically the same as their fee to Bangkok, even though Bangkok is 4 times as far. Still trying to figure out the best option.

I didn't realize there would be any taxis already at the port; does anybody know about what the cost would be from Laem Chabang to Pattaya?

The cruise ship bus from Laem Chabang to Bangkok will take approx 2 hours each way which limits your time in Bangkok for a day visit. Most people wanting to experience Bangkok go for an overnite stay and return to the ship the next day. There will be taxis available at Laem Chabang cruise terminal to Pattaya for approx 1000 Thai baht each way. Depending on traffic the journey should take approx 25 minutes. There are also money change facilities at the port.

I got a quote from Pattaya 4 Leisure taxis -

Thank you for your mail, yes we can enter the port, currently port taxes are 438 baht

Price of the taxi is 1300 baht each way, price does not include port entry fees

Please reply to this e mail to confirm your reservation.

Best Regards

Pattaya 4 Leisure

Hope this helps

H

This is a private taxi company that do not have port entry rights hence the extra charge. There are taxis available at the port terminal operated by the tour company which has the monopoly on all transportation at the port. These do not charge the extra port entry fees. I have previously said approx 1000 Thai baht each way to Pattaya but maybe it would be closer to 1500 now. In my opinion the taxis operating directly from the port would be a safer option to get you back to the ship on time.

Thanks

H

Hi Helen. Are you on NCL Jewel? Maureen and I are also looking to get a taxi from Laem Chabang port to Pattaya - perhaps we could share? My email is kmccarthy1 @ btopenworld . com Regards, Ken and Maureen