The Retreat Sundeck Just Got More Interesting?

vtcruising

Retreat conjures up a quiet , serene place.

If it is reported back as a loud area with water games, old vans, loud music...we will abandon our quest to finally trvl in suite class...

The Age of Aquarius .........over and gone except in our minds!

Retreat conjures up a quiet , serene place.

If it is reported back as a loud area with water games, old vans, loud music...we will abandon our quest to finally trvl in suite in class...

The Age of Aquarius .........over and gone except in our minds!

I’m pretty sure it will be quiet there. Don’t forget, most of us are older hippies. [emoji6]

I’m pretty sure it will be quiet there. Don’t forget, most of us are older hippies. [emoji6]

We have a winter place in Fla near Sarasota....all the Filmore acts and many others play down there...it's like a trip into the past!

For Carib cruising we trend now to Reggae...(where are those great authentic bands ?), Jimmy Buffet, many more. Great cruise playlists out there....

We have a winter place in Fla near Sarasota....all the Filmore acts and many others play down there...it's like a trip into the past!

For Carib cruising we trend now to Reggae...(where are those great authentic bands ?), Jimmy Buffet, many more. Great cruise playlists out there....

Sounds wonderful to be able to have good music nearby. I’m hoping the Edge will have some nice music venues and hopefully some good bands! If not, there’s always volley ball with my van people. [emoji6]

Maybe they'll play " CLOSE TO THE EDGE " by YES ...1972

Not quite 60's but fits the name of the ship....

For a retreat area, I like ethereal spa music, and nature sounds...which they used to play in the Solarium areas,,..seems to have been cut! Now mostly you hear the nappers snoring!

Maybe they'll play " CLOSE TO THE EDGE " by YES ...1972

Not quite 60's but fits the name of the ship....

For a retreat area, I like ethereal spa music, and nature sounds...which they used to play in the Solarium areas,,..seems to have been cut! Now mostly you hear the nappers snoring!

Probably more more apt to play The Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga. :D

Sorry, I’ll probably be one of the snoring nappers zzzzzzzzzz ;)

The Retreat looks big enough for the hippies and the non-hippies.

enhance

The starboard side could be for the non-hippies....

enhance

And the port side for the hippies - we could be called the B Side, because we have the bar and the bus on that side. ;p

Hahaha now you’re talking! At last, I have a reason to save enough for a suite on Edge. Count me in for the B side. I was too young for the 60s scene, but we had our bell bottoms & tie die shirts in the 70s too;p I’ve got the tie die T-shirt and tank tops....

Our third 60's Flower Power and first 70's Rock n' Romance chartered theme cruises come up in March 2019, so we can tell you first hand that old hippies are nothing but quiet! They rock and they roll pretty hard on Celebrity Summit/Infinity. Judging from the mixed comments, very good idea to have an A and a B side. ;p

Our third 60's Flower Power and first 70's Rock n' Romance chartered theme cruises come up in March 2019, so we can tell you first hand that old hippies are nothing but quiet! They rock and they roll pretty hard on Celebrity Summit/Infinity. Judging from the mixed comments, very good idea to have an A and a B side. ;p

Shhhhh - I have been on two Flower Power Cruises and we are signed up for 2019. I didn't want people here to know how wild and crazy those cruises are (and so much fun!) or they won't even let me on the B side of the Retreat. :D

At most of the Sandals resorts they have a quiet pool...swimming, sun lounging, reading and relaxation. Other pool has music, entertainment and activities. They even had a tie dye tee shirt event for charity...lots of fun!

The Retreat may not be large enough to sep out quiet and loud areas, but X clearly should do more to re-focus the Adult Only Solarium with a spa oriented ambiance as it used to be! Nice music, quiet....restful. The outdoor pool has the games, music etc.

Kind or ironic that some old time hippies are big time suite guests...The Retreat is not exactly the rain soaked mud of Woodstock,..

At most of the Sandals resorts they have a quiet pool...swimming, sun lounging, reading and relaxation. Other pool has music, entertainment and activities. They even had a tie dye tee shirt event for charity...lots of fun!

The Retreat may not be large enough to sep out quiet and loud areas, but X clearly should do more to re-focus the Adult Only Solarium with a spa oriented ambiance as it used to be! Nice music, quiet....restful. The outdoor pool has the games, music etc.

Kind or ironic that some old time hippies are big time suite guests...The Retreat is not exactly the rain soaked mud of Woodstock,..

LOL, I wasn’t old enough to go to Woodstock unfortunately (and truthfully I was only a pseudo- hippie). When it rains on a cruise though I do go out on my balcony and chant “No more rain!!” [emoji6]

Agree that the Retreat should be restful place. [emoji2]

I wonder if they will designate a hippie smoking area in the Retreat -for you know what! Maybe behind the hippie bus!

I wonder if they will designate a hippie smoking area in the Retreat -for you know what! Maybe behind the hippie bus!

Oh no, no smoking, but the van might have some interesting edible treats. ;) That's why a good name for it is the Munchie van. I will stick to my favorite cocktails....

Kind of interesting to think about the actual use of the Retreat sundeck. When we sail suites we never really use the public pool area - just our own balcony. Many of the Edge suites have large balconies and some have hot tubs too. Will suite passengers actually use the Retreat sundeck? On other ships that I have sailed (RCCL) that have dedicated sundecks for suite passengers they are almost always empty.

I’ll definitely be using it. I’m on the first 7 day in December and plan on staying onboard for the two Mexico stops in part because I was just there in January and didn’t find much of interest for this next go round but also so I can enjoy more time exploring the ship including The Retreat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A similar area in NCL's Haven is quite peaceful. If there is music, and Celebrity has hardly any, it would be a real surprise to me.

The VW Bus as an amentiy is controversial to me. If a sculptural piece of whimsical artwork, well, I'll wait to see it, but my knee jerk reaction is I don't think so.

I'm not sure whose design idea this was but if I ever got into a VW Microbus back in the day, my father would kill the hippie... and probably tell him while he was doing it he needs to get a haircut. It sure was not a chicks vehicle.

Flashbacks are not so good. :o