Which Sandals should I get the day pass at?

Joebucks

I'll be cruising to St Lucia in the next few months. Last year, in Nassau, I did the day pass at Sandals. I loved every second of it. The beach and water were beautiful, the included food and drinks were great, and the private island wasn't too shabby either.

With that said, I couldn't wait to go back to another Sandals. The opportunity is presenting itself again, and I found out this one has 3 of them. So far, it sounds like the La Toc is probably out of it. I've read that the water is very choppy, and sometimes it is reg flagged from swimming. I am not overly picky, but I would like to go into nice water, if possible. Also, I hear they will shuttle their guests to each of the 3 resorts at no charge. Does that apply to day pass holders?

I'll be cruising to St Lucia in the next few months. Last year, in Nassau, I did the day pass at Sandals. I loved every second of it. The beach and water were beautiful, the included food and drinks were great, and the private island wasn't too shabby either.

With that said, I couldn't wait to go back to another Sandals. The opportunity is presenting itself again, and I found out this one has 3 of them. So far, it sounds like the La Toc is probably out of it. I've read that the water is very choppy, and sometimes it is reg flagged from swimming. I am not overly picky, but I would like to go into nice water, if possible. Also, I hear they will shuttle their guests to each of the 3 resorts at no charge. Does that apply to day pass holders?

Grande St Lucian! Beats the other two by far, in my opinion.

We did Sandals Grande Lucien last week on a day pass. The beach is nice, but good luck trying to find shade. The guests pretty much hog the cabanas and umbrellas for the day. It cost $120 each - La Toc is $100. You won't be able to scuba on a day pass, but the other activities are included. It was a 30 minute drive going to Lucien, but 1 1/2 hours to return on a Friday afternoon. Halcyon is the oldest, it was right on the main road going north. I didn't get a response from them, so I can't speak to their offerings. We enjoyed the Sandals in Antigua more than in St Lucia. Likely we won't do either again. Diving is important to me and that just didn't work out.

• 1 month later...
We did Sandals Grande Lucien last week on a day pass. The beach is nice, but good luck trying to find shade. The guests pretty much hog the cabanas and umbrellas for the day. It cost $120 each - La Toc is $100. You won't be able to scuba on a day pass, but the other activities are included. It was a 30 minute drive going to Lucien, but 1 1/2 hours to return on a Friday afternoon. Halcyon is the oldest, it was right on the main road going north. I didn't get a response from them, so I can't speak to their offerings. We enjoyed the Sandals in Antigua more than in St Lucia. Likely we won't do either again. Diving is important to me and that just didn't work out.

What made you like the Antigua location better?

I’m not Hillmore, but I like Antigua better, too. It really has the wow factor. The main pool is gorgeous and very large. The beach is very long with exceedingly white sand.

It is very difficult to get a daypass there, though. You have to contact the resort, get an email address for the general manager and wait for him or his assistant to contact you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums