Harvest Caye Excursions

Isla's Mom

Caught the 1st ferry over; wristband stated 12:30. We rented a golf cart near the pier. Drove around for a while then stopped at Mariposa Pool Bar. Returned to the pier at 2:30, the ferry was loading no issue returning at a later time.

• 2 weeks later...
Caught the 1st ferry over; wristband stated 12:30. We rented a golf cart near the pier. Drove around for a while then stopped at Mariposa Pool Bar. Returned to the pier at 2:30, the ferry was loading no issue returning at a later time.

Can you tell me where the ferry dock is located on Harvest Caye? Is it a long walk from the ship? Thanks

It is not a very long walk once you are off the pier; that is a little long. I'm not clear on my directions there (seemed north), but it seems to me that if you walked straight off the ship and rather soon (after the nearest restrooms) veered a little left, there it is. It is the opposite side from the beach and not too far from the butterfly garden.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have any comments (positive or negative) regarding Shore Excursioneer? We want to go snorkeling instead of staying on Harvest Caye.

Thanks!

We're using them for the first time in about a week. I'll let you know how it goes.I've seen about 50/50 good and bad reviews on them, so I'm not sure what I think at this point.

I have use shoreexcursioneer at different ports in the Caribbean, and have never had any problems... They are just a "middleman" company that sells other companies excursions.

Does anyone have any comments (positive or negative) regarding Shore Excursioneer? We want to go snorkeling instead of staying on Harvest Caye.

Thanks!

You book the ferry to Placencia directly at the dock on Harvest Caye. That's why it's not showing up as an excursion.

So is it weird that there are no NCL excursions listed for April 14th sailing yet? I definitely want to get off Harvest Caye.

• 3 weeks later...
You book the ferry to Placencia directly at the dock on Harvest Caye. That's why it's not showing up as an excursion.

We booked at the ship excursion desk. When we went to the dock, I didn't see any place where you could buy a fare. Maybe they sell them at the desk where you check in to take the ferry, but it didn't look like it.

We're using them for the first time in about a week. I'll let you know how it goes.I've seen about 50/50 good and bad reviews on them, so I'm not sure what I think at this point.

We were very pleased with the excursions we booked through Shore Excursioneer. As was stated in an above post they are a middleman company that books for you. Now that we know which excursion companys they actually used, I'll go directly to them in the future.

We were on Placencia for a good four hours. They just ask that you don't wait for the last ferry because everyone wants to come back then. There were several excursion companies on the island that will set up an excursion for you - there's actually nothing to do in Placencia itself.

• 4 weeks later...
We were very pleased with the excursions we booked through Shore Excursioneer. As was stated in an above post they are a middleman company that books for you. Now that we know which excursion companys they actually used, I'll go directly to them in the future.

We were on Placencia for a good four hours. They just ask that you don't wait for the last ferry because everyone wants to come back then. There were several excursion companies on the island that will set up an excursion for you - there's actually nothing to do in Placencia itself.

Thank you for posting when you got back. What excursion did you end up doing?

Thank you for posting when you got back. What excursion did you end up doing?

On Placencia, nothing. We never intended to book an excursion there as I was under the impression from reading about it that there were no excursions available. We walked into an excursion office on a whim. Apparantly any excursions that went out went out much earlier than we showed up. We could have booked one as the only two people to take it, but we would have been required to pay for three people in order for the excursion to take place. At that point, it would have been rushed in order to get us back on time.

We had a liesurely lunch, wandered some more, then waited at the dock to go back to the ship.

I really liked that Shore Excursioneers provided extremely detailed instructions to find each excursion office, down to how many minutes it takes to walk or approximately how much a cab would cost to get us there. All of their estimated walking times were exact. In one case, we were provided with a map.

On Roatan we did the Eco Walk with Suspension Bridges, probably my least favorite. It took an hour to get to the site, then we weren't able to see any animals because the zip line was right next to it-very noisy. I apologize, I don't remember the name of the excursion company so can't find the web address for them.

Costa Maya was the Mayan Experience, a visit to ruins (which we got to climb a little) and lunch with a Maya family-think Williamsburg Village, Mexican style ;-) This was through Native Choice exursions: https://www.thenativechoice.com/tours/mayan-experience-tour

In Costa Maya, we did a shore snorkel with lunch. This was probably my favorite. First time snorkeling and Antonio, our guide, was extremely helpful, patient, and friendly. I'd definetly recommend this one to a first-time snorkeler. Lockers were available, we rented one for $3 USD and it was big enough to fit two womens' belongings. The lunch was good, too.We arrived about 45 minutes early but he took us right away and we had him all to ourselves. There were people SCUBA diving as well. http://www.sanddollarsport.com

We are doing this tour in May. it's our first time there. Can you tell me more about what you have to do after arriving at port and the costs involved?

We did the Monkey river tour with Ralph which we booked through Shore excursioneer. We hurried back to catch the return ferry since they made such a big deal out of people possibly not getting a ride back on the last ferry. I regret that rush now knowing it was unnecessary. The monkey river tour was incredible and Ralph is a fantastic guide. I would recommend his tour very much if you want to see wildlife in Belize. His ability to spot things was amazing and we were the only 2 people on the tour. We hung out in the jungle watching a troop of howler monkeys, had manatees and dolphins come right to our boat and learned a great deal about all the rest of the flora and fauna of the jungle.