Cave tubing question

Carlyzmom

I'm not sure how much truth there is to it, but I have read (and was told by the tour company we've used twice doing cave tubing) that the water temp remains the same all the time. They used to have it listed (the temp) on their website, but I'm not sure if it still is.

I'm not sure how much truth there is to it, but I have read (and was told by the tour company we've used twice doing cave tubing) that the water temp remains the same all the time. They used to have it listed (the temp) on their website, but I'm not sure if it still is.

I just did this and can tell you the water temp was "refreshing", we had to cross the river a few times before getting on the tubes, by that point you won't care, the caves were great.

I just did this and can tell you the water temp was "refreshing", we had to cross the river a few times before getting on the tubes, by that point you won't care, the caves were great.

Yes, we've done the cave tubing several times and felt the water was quite refreshing as well. But I was trying to be specific as to temps for the OP's question and what I posted is what I have always been told by the cave tubing staff and posted online. Like I said, I don't know how much truth there is to the "constant" temperature.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm sad because I'm actually allergic to the cold and swimming in water cold actually kill me. Is there another destination with cave tubing that maybe warmer?

You have to walk through a jungle for 20 minutes to get to the river. It is HOT. You are not swimming in the water. You are sitting in a tube floating down the river. Only you bum touches to water most of the time. The air temp is 90s and 90% humidity. Trust me, the cool water is the only thing that keeps you from overheating. More than once I splashed my face with cool water just to cool off.

You have to walk through a jungle for 20 minutes to get to the river. It is HOT. You are not swimming in the water. You are sitting in a tube floating down the river. Only you bum touches to water most of the time. The air temp is 90s and 90% humidity. Trust me, the cool water is the only thing that keeps you from overheating. More than once I splashed my face with cool water just to cool off.

You make a very valid point. Much appreciated.

The water is "cool" not cold. Since you are dealing with mostly surface water it is heated by the sun and the ambient temperature, which will be hot. The water coming out of the source will be cold, and some deep areas may be cold below the surface as well.

Honestly, after hiking, you wont really care. If you go up into the mountains and get under some of the waterfalls or into those pools, the water is cold, but still not freezing.