Belize - spices or beach

beshears

Belize is a country on the Mainland of the Yucatan, covered in a natural jungle with small villages, no real cities. The country has hundreds, and I do mean hundreds, of small barrier islands called Cayes. The beaches are ALL on those Cayes. The ships all anchor out in the channel off of Belize City. Ferries run from the ships to the dock at Belize City. From there you have to take a boat out to the Cayes to a beach. Some ship's excursions leave directly from the the ship, others from that Belize City dock area.

BELIZE-MAP.jpg

Since we have never been to Belize before, do they sell any type of spices, or vanilla, or anything like that?

Does Belize have a beach for just laying out in the sun, but no snorkeling or tubing, etc.?

Belize does great chocolate and they do great hot sauce and they do great rum

If we do a beach that is close by, once we tender in Belize, are there any that are free, or do we have to pay to use one, and what would be the name/s? We don't want to snorkel, or anything like that, just lay on the beach.:)

Did you read my post at all?

You have to take a boat from the Belize City port to any islands for a beach.

There is a muddy looking beach off the city a few miles from the port but you really wouldn't lay on it. It is brown muddy looking sand. The islands all have white sandy beaches.

If we do a beach that is close by, once we tender in Belize, are there any that are free, or do we have to pay to use one, and what would be the name/s? We don't want to snorkel, or anything like that, just lay on the beach.:)

This youtube will show you how nice the beaches are at Placencia. you can see it is a very beachy sort of place. The sidewalk in the video is the main drag.

This youtube will show you how nice the beaches are at Placencia. you can see it is a very beachy sort of place. The sidewalk in the video is the main drag.

the OP is on Carnival and will not be going anywhere near Placencia. NCL port is near there, not Carnival which anchors out in harbor off of Belize City.

there is a manmade beach(cucumber beach) a few miles away.try to get a bottle of cashew wine($18).you can get it at the little grocery store to the left when you go thru the gates.there will be lots of people outside to show you the way.

U will likely want do a ship

excursion to do snorkeling on the beach. We did the Belize barrier reef one, it was decent. We also did the cave tubing once and my kids really enjoyed that. Honestly if you’re not going to do an excursion you may want to stay on the boat. I’ve done that before and it’s relaxing with a lot less people on board....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes Marie Sharps is the best... we went thought it too fast! We tried One Barrel rum and it was very good.

The closest beach i think, its Goff's Caye. We did a trip there and its a beautiful little island with a beautiful beach and you can snorkel but you don't have to. They have a little bar there and sell drinks and a barbecue too. I think the boat ride was around 30 minutes to get there and it was such a beautiful ride . https://belizecruiseexcursions.com/excursion/sun-kissed-goffs-caye-beach-snorkeling-belize/

Crossfitmamma, thanks for your information about Goffs Caye beach in Belize. If we didn't do a tour and just used a Taxi or native to take us there, do you know if there is a cost to use the beach? Is there a restroom on the beach?

Geejo1, thanks for what you had for me to click on. I was getting excited, until someone posted that I would not be in that area, as I was coming in on Carnival. What a shame. Thanks for trying anyway.

sorry about that, cruises are a crap way to see stuff arent they.

Crossfitmamma, thanks for your information about Goffs Caye beach in Belize. If we didn't do a tour and just used a Taxi or native to take us there, do you know if there is a cost to use the beach? Is there a restroom on the beach?

IT IS AN ISLAND...you cannot take a taxi, you have to take a boat to get there.

IT IS AN ISLAND...you cannot take a taxi, you have to take a boat to get there.

Hello beshears, last time we were in Belize, we did the cave tubing and it was pretty cool. This time we are still looking into excursions as well. If I come up with anything I’ll post here. Sorry you’re getting some rude responses, that is unacceptable!! You will have a great time whatever you decide!

Hello beshears, last time we were in Belize, we did the cave tubing and it was pretty cool. This time we are still looking into excursions as well. If I come up with anything I’ll post here. Sorry you’re getting some rude responses, that is unacceptable!! You will have a great time whatever you decide!

I know what you mean explaining facts to somebody is always rude

geeko1, thanks for your response. I do understand that we have to take a "tender" to the island. My question was, once we are on the island, how do we get to a beach, and other things we want to see. Can we walk, or as I said, take a Taxi on this island?

Belize is a country on the Mainland of the Yucatan, covered in a natural jungle with small villages, no real cities. The country has hundreds, and I do mean hundreds, of small barrier islands called Cayes. The beaches are ALL on those Cayes. The ships all anchor out in the channel off of Belize City. Ferries run from the ships to the dock at Belize City. From there you have to take a boat out to the Cayes to a beach. Some ship's excursions leave directly from the the ship, others from that Belize City dock area.

BELIZE-MAP.jpg

As I said in my first response to beshears, (above) you take a tender boat to the Mainland-Belize City, then another boat out to the islands. So you have to take 2 boats to get to an island and beach.

As for those who think I was being rude... sorry, but I was repeating myself as well as what another poster had said. I went out of my way to find a map to explain to the OP the setup for Belize, a big detailed map. I didn't have to do that, I was trying to help OP since they hadn't been there before.

geeko1, thanks for your response. I do understand that we have to take a "tender" to the island. My question was, once we are on the island, how do we get to a beach, and other things we want to see. Can we walk, or as I said, take a Taxi on this island?

The caye is 1.2 Acres

OK, thanks for your answers once again.

So here is my question, once the tender gets me to the main area or island, where/how do we go about getting a boat to take us to the cays, or even the ruins to check out? Is there a shopping area or vendors, once the tender takes us there?