Seward to anchorage Tour before our flight at 11:40pm

sst267

We are family of 5 adults will be on Celebrity Millennium cruise, arrive Seward on 15 June 18. We have a same day flight depart ANC 11:40pm.

Found ACT company provide a full day tour with good review and reasonable price. The tour finish about 5pm. We still have plenty of time after that. Need some advise on following options:

1. we can drop off at airport, and store our luggage at airport. What activities can we do after that?

2. We can book a hotel where there are activities nearby to kill our time and take some rest before our flight. Any hotel recommendation?

Thank you

We are family of 5 adults will be on Celebrity Millennium cruise, arrive Seward on 15 June 18. We have a same day flight depart ANC 11:40pm.

Found ACT company provide a full day tour with good review and reasonable price. The tour finish about 5pm. We still have plenty of time after that. Need some advise on following options:

1. we can drop off at airport, and store our luggage at airport. What activities can we do after that?

2. We can book a hotel where there are activities nearby to kill our time and take some rest before our flight. Any hotel recommendation?

Thank you

If you are flying out at 11:40pm, you'll need to be at the airport to check in at 9:40. So you have about 4 1/2 hours. A hotel near activities would be something downtown. The Hotel Captain Cook or Westmark are the two most directly downtown. Or the Hilton on 3rd.

Even if you don't do a hotel you could grab a cab to downtown. There's dining and shopping. You could walk part of the coastal trail. You'll have sunlight still.

You could also rent a car and head down to Girdwood for dinner.

OK, maybe I'm misreading? But if you are getting off the cruise, you are in Seward. Why not take advantage of being in Alaska and maximizing your touring day? Or, it is all you want is to "relax" and not of interest to any in your group? Maybe, you've been here before?

At the least, a one way car rental could offer plenty of wonderful options- if you can pack light? (not difficult, actually if just doing a 7 day cruise). and getting the largest car available? Or even 2 cars?

OK, maybe I'm misreading? But if you are getting off the cruise, you are in Seward. Why not take advantage of being in Alaska and maximizing your touring day?

I would much rather do a glacier cruise in Seward or go the Conservation Center than hang out in Anchorage. It's a big city and there's not that much downtown unless you want to shop, although the museum is good. As we say in Fairbanks - the nice thing about Anchorage is that it's only an hour away from Alaska.....

OK, maybe I'm misreading? But if you are getting off the cruise, you are in Seward. Why not take advantage of being in Alaska and maximizing your touring day? Or, it is all you want is to "relax" and not of interest to any in your group? Maybe, you've been here before?

At the least, a one way car rental could offer plenty of wonderful options- if you can pack light? (not difficult, actually if just doing a 7 day cruise). and getting the largest car available? Or even 2 cars?

The OP said in their post they have a tour booked from Seward that ends in Anchorage at 5:00. They are just looking for something to do from 5:00 until 9:30 or so when they need to check in at the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With only four hours I don't know if I'd bother with anything other than hanging out at the airport. It can be really crowded with departing cruisers and you can get through security early and eat a nice dinner at one of the restaurants. Anchorage has a significant rush hour, and on a Friday, lots of people will be on the roads headed out of town, which can make the trip from the airport to the downtown area take up to an hour. There are a number of hotels near the airport but I don't know of any that rent rooms for short periods of time (well, maybe in Spenard, but you wouldn't want to spend time there). In the summer, a room would run around $150 and up for the night. Alaska Airlines has a nice lounge and you can buy a day pass.

The OP said in their post they have a tour booked from Seward that ends in Anchorage at 5:00. They are just looking for something to do from 5:00 until 9:30 or so when they need to check in at the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep mis read. :)

4 hours is nothing. I'd then suggest they just head to the airport, and enjoy the art exhibits, = I've spent hours enjoying them. :) Walk up and down outside of security, on both levels and terminals.

Drop your luggage off at the airport, then grab an Uber/Lyft downtown to do the coastal trail, get something to eat, etc.

Getting to the coastal trail is an excellent idea if the weather is good. Don't have to go downtown to access the trail though. It's about 2 miles from the airport down Postmark Dr. At the end of Postmark Dr. is a little park/parking lot that has the best views of the Anchorage skyline from across the inlet. Uber/Lyft or a cab would take 5 minutes.

Also from this area and again if the weather is good, you can see Denali from there.

There are a couple of places to store luggage at the airport, one behind baggage carousel #4 and one next to TSA on the ticketing level.