Princess EZ Air Warning

Being one who has used EZair 3 times on international flights last year and having one booked for Alaska this year.....and yes, all had changes made by EZair and a few by me, except....a nonstop LAX to LHR...which was one awesome flexible fare.

Oh, I forgot the one to AUS...but no worries cause that is not until Sept 2018....and I have already changed it twice.

FLEXIBILTY IS THE NAME OF THE GAME, for me when booking with EZair..and with that comes the reality of flights changing....the same thing happens when you book far out with any non refundable flights, especially when booking ecomnomy. Because often airlines change flight schedules and times as the dates move closer.

Having 3 single children that have lived all over the world, states the last 8 years, and who use mom as the go to for booking air flights...believe me I really have had to stay on top of airlines...and of course want to save as much on flights as possible and use miles..EZair when introduced became a blessing to me....simply became of this flexibility.

Will continue on another thread......

Two items of note here:

#1 I’m not sure what would have happened if I had not had the “feeling” to plug my reservation into the Delta website. The problem likely would have come to light at final payment, and then I’m sure it would have been much more difficult to find flights similar to the ones I had booked last fall

#2 When I asked what I could/should do to avoid something like this happening again, she said it seemed to her to be quite a fluke, but to be certain of your flights —since the airlines can and do change/cancel flights all the time—occasionally checking your reservation on the airlines’ website is good advice.

Finally, If Princess is indeed reading these boards—kudos to Ophelia, the Princess rep who worked so very hard for me to resolve this issue. Thank you Princess and Ophelia!

And you said it yourself, if you might have not been monitoring,what would have happened?..... it could have resolved itself....and you would have never been the wiser.

Since, I am assuming you have not paid for the flight..it still has the possibility to change and even if you have paid, it still does....flights are moving targets................. best laid plans often get changed, we all know that, it is part of travel...just sayin'

With flying things seem to all work out......no, I am not naive.....I flew almost 2 times a month last year, all pleasure...all economy or economy+ on probably 10 different airlines......

My main concern is to arrive at my destination and get home safely...sometimes we can micromanage our trips to much.

EZair...gives us a price and flexibility 45 days out...booking direct with an airline gives us a price and no flexibility, except using a $200. dollar change fee per ticket on most lines......

I could tell you many stories, and I am sure many other frequent travelers could too.... about assurances from both cruise lines, independent tour companies and airlines...after you have spend many hours with them correcting a wrong, only to show up at the cruise terminal or check in desk at the airlines......and have all hell break loose again......but it all seems to work out....

Edited by land lover

Oops..I did it again.....just read my first post, meant to say will continue on another post, rather than thread and excuse all my other errors...typing to fast should proof and pay attention to red lines....before posting.....:D:rolleyes:

Also when I mentioned about EZair being a blessing, it was for me with my cruises, ..not kids flights.....

Edited by land lover

We have flights booked on EZAir for FLL-LHR, the times have been changed a little a couple times and one flight was redone to another airline due to times constraints. we are almost at final payment and I have noticed the last leg of our return flight has moved to a shorter layover which includes clearing customs and security. I may have to call them since I haven't heard anything yet. Every other change we were notified by Delta first and then Princess.

On our flight home from Anchorage Alaska last year, our flight on Delta was changed - departing Seattle 3 hrs before we arrived there. We had purchased on our own (not EZ Air) and though the operator insisted when I called that I had gotten an email notification, I HAD NOT!!!! Thankfully, I'm a Obsessive Planner so was checking flights on a regular basis and 'found it'....otherwise I guess we would have arrived in Seattle to find we had missed our flight. ugh! I know to always check now. Lesson Learned!!!!

Now....THAT phone call to Delta was a fun way to spend 15 minutes. I began with the question of "How do I leave Seattle 3 hrs before I arrive there?" I then sat silently while the operator tried to come up with an answer...... :confused::confused: Yep...Fun!!! :)

I had spent so much time diligently choosing a flight that 'worked' for us (layovers, etc...) so I was not easily satisfied with the options I was offered.... (flying from Dallas to Atlanta to Vancouver....RIDICULOUS!!!) I ended up requesting a refund and bought tickets on American. The only change we had on that flight was a 5 min. time difference....and of course, other issues which I won't go into here...but anyway....

Flying always seems to add a stress factor to any vacation...ugh!!

Thank you for your post! I am using EZ Air and after reading your post I checked directly on Delta's website only to find Delta had changed our return business flight to a different carrier in economy, at the same fare. I contacted Princess and they contacted Delta to find that Delta had changed the outbound due to their schedule changes. Princess was able to find us business class out bound from Barcelona at an addition $100.00pp more, while not happy it still is less expensive than booking directly with the airline. The lowest I could find was $8,000.00pp. Which is 6K more than EzAir. Plus I have not paid in full, so it's nice to be able to hold a reservation with only a deposit, and get air fare to Europe. Booking directly with an airline I would have had to pay in full upfront and still be at their mercy if the airline changes my flights. At least for now I can continue to monitor fares up until final payment day.

Thank you for your post! I am using EZ Air and after reading your post I checked directly on Delta's website only to find Delta had changed our return business flight to a different carrier in economy, at the same fare. I contacted Princess and they contacted Delta to find that Delta had changed the outbound due to their schedule changes. Princess was able to find us business class out bound from Barcelona at an addition $100.00pp more, while not happy it still is less expensive than booking directly with the airline. The lowest I could find was $8,000.00pp. Which is 6K more than EzAir. Plus I have not paid in full, so it's nice to be able to hold a reservation with only a deposit, and get air fare to Europe. Booking directly with an airline I would have had to pay in full upfront and still be at their mercy if the airline changes my flights. At least for now I can continue to monitor fares up until final payment day.

I am so glad my post helped you divert disaster! :D And I agree EZ Air is a great option.

On our flight home from Anchorage Alaska last year, our flight on Delta was changed - departing Seattle 3 hrs before we arrived there. We had purchased on our own (not EZ Air) and though the operator insisted when I called that I had gotten an email notification, I HAD NOT!!!! Thankfully, I'm a Obsessive Planner so was checking flights on a regular basis and 'found it'....otherwise I guess we would have arrived in Seattle to find we had missed our flight. ugh! I know to always check now. Lesson Learned!!!!

Had the same happen to us flying from Florida to Quebec City for a Fall Foliage cruise. Months after scheduling - we try to schedule cruises and flights as early as possible - United came back and rerouted us with three stops, one of which was before the previous flight arrived. Shouldn't be possible in today's electronic environment, but they did. I called and asked the same question. Silence. Finally they gave us a new itinerary, but one requiring an overnight stay at Newark. Always check. And always check pricing with partner airlines. That flight on the same airplane might be less expensive if purchased through a code share airline.

The past two years we have had changes on every flight we have booked - direct and with EZAir. We always have received emails from Princess and have had the bold Red printing showing on our personalizer.

I always book our flights with EZAIR the day they open and like others have said, domestic prices are usually higher than going directly to the airlines. The past several times, our flights were no longer showing up after two months. So glad we had them.

I am the OP and just checked my flights on the Delta site again. Yep--outbound has changed times, and there was no notice to me from Delta or Princess, and my personalizer does NOT show the change.

I am going to have to be vigilant in checking. My TA had not received any notifications either. She was shocked (her words) to see these changes occurring without notifications.

Folks,

I had a similar problem with United. Three days after we booked our flight with Princess EZ-Air, I checked with United web site to find that our "United Confirmation number" was deleted. United advised me that if the actual ticketing did not take place, the "United" confirmation is deleted.

As we were concerned about our seating arrangements on an international flight we choose to use the Princess EZ-Air Early Payment Form to get our tickets and seating before the 45 day period that Princess uses. However, if you should use the form, you will loose the flexibility of making changes through Princess. In our case we paid a few months early, got our tickets paid by Princess to United, then selected our seats. It worked out for us. Check their web site or just call Princess to get the form.

Folks,

I had a similar problem with United. Three days after we booked our flight with Princess EZ-Air, I checked with United web site to find that our "United Confirmation number" was deleted. United advised me that if the actual ticketing did not take place, the "United" confirmation is deleted.

As we were concerned about our seating arrangements on an international flight we choose to use the Princess EZ-Air Early Payment Form to get our tickets and seating before the 45 day period that Princess uses. However, if you should use the form, you will loose the flexibility of making changes through Princess. In our case we paid a few months early, got our tickets paid by Princess to United, then selected our seats. It worked out for us. Check their web site or just call Princess to get the form.

Mine disappeared also but my seats are blocked off. So I am not worrying.

I was able to select my seats when I booked the cruise and they are still shown as unavailable.

Folks,

kjg

How long ago was this? When I called to ask about getting the form to pay early, the rep said they don't use the form anymore. they just call over to the air travel department and make the transaction for you. And, if you are willing to wait on the phone, they will give you your ticket number. This is good info to have if there are any issues.

I did have them issue my ticket before the usual 45 days out and no form was needed. i just called and Princess took care of it.

ML

It is advisable to always check your airline reservations at least once a week and even more frequently as your trip gets closer. This is true whether booked directly with the airline or through a 3rd party such as Princess. Twice since final payment, we have had changes to the flight schedules that required rebooking our return flights from Sydney. I noticed the changes on United's website both times well before we got notice from Princess. Both times (after lengthy phone calls for each) the Princess rep got us on other flights at no additional charge.

We appreciated the flexibility of EX Air. We priced going direct to a number of different airlines and could not get close to the fare we paid through Princess. Being able to continue to shop for a better rate until 45 days out was also very nice, as we did change it a few times due to better schedule/rate.

Mine disappeared also but my seats are blocked off. So I am not worrying.

I was able to select my seats when I booked the cruise and they are still shown as unavailable.

I have used EZAir before and currently have two reservations with United via EZAir. When I log into the United website, both appear under my future trips. When I open one of the reservations, this language appears and from past experience, the date will change every day until it is ticketed:

"This reservation is not ticketed.

We will hold this reservation until midnight Mon., Mar. 12, 2018 in Phoenix, AZ, US (PHX). "

If you don't see it when you log in and / or if your flights are missing from the CP / Travel Summary, I would definitely contact your TA's office.

Booking through EZAir usually provides the lowest fares compared to airline websites. However, EZAir does not provide seat selection which can only be accomplished through the airline using the six-character reservation code. One should always check both EZAir and the airline periodically for updates/changes, and provide the airline with your contact information for changes. Interestingly, for an upcoming R/T flight to Australia from the US received three different reservation codes over a period of several weeks... The second one works with both EZAir and the airline! Always check.

I am almost positive I selected my seats in ez air

I have used EZAir before and currently have two reservations with United via EZAir. When I log into the United website, both appear under my future trips. When I open one of the reservations, this language appears and from past experience, the date will change every day until it is ticketed:

"This reservation is not ticketed.

We will hold this reservation until midnight Mon., Mar. 12, 2018 in Phoenix, AZ, US (PHX). "

If you don't see it when you log in and / or if your flights are missing from the CP / Travel Summary, I would definitely contact your TA's office.

Thank you. I just logged in and can see them. Before I was seeing my name but wasn't logging in. I frequently check the flight on United's website but it does ask me to login as guest at the end or enter my password (it has my number).

Thanks for the reality check. I remember seeing right after I booed it but I thought it disappeared as it wasn't ticketed.

This is my first time using EZ Air. Hoping nothing drastic happens as I got good flights for a great price.

This is probably the best thread on this site! I never had a problem with ez air until this upcoming trip. Now all it is is problems. I took the Delta confirmation number from the Cruise personalizer onto my Delta app. All of the flights came up...EXEPT ONE! The flight missing is the one that will actually get me to the ship (I have to connect because of course [emoji849]). When I realized I immediately called Princess but the air department was closed. I’ll be calling again today. On a positive note, the agent I spoke worth last night was really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi just read the whole thread to see if someone asked this question...I booked with EZ Air for a cruise from Barcelona to Rome and added London before cruise. How exactly do I check my flight to see if the prices have changed without changing the original booking? I am afraid to hit the wrong button and loose my current flights and prices?

Hi just read the whole thread to see if someone asked this question...I booked with EZ Air for a cruise from Barcelona to Rome and added London before cruise. How exactly do I check my flight to see if the prices have changed without changing the original booking? I am afraid to hit the wrong button and loose my current flights and prices?

You have to hit "add or modify". You can search for flights and select outgoing and then coming back (but I don't select coming back unless it is financially better), just don't change them at the very end unless you want to. I agree, it is scary as I got some decent flights but I changed them 3x and saved about $600. I still look periodically.

Thank you all for your valuable tips and shared experiences. I had never considered EZAir for any of our trips as we do so many from our home ports that we can drive to. I booked using EZAir for the first time today for our return trip from Copenhagen to Tampa. Huge savings and will monitor as suggested although will be hard when on the move. Great thread ~ thanks, again OP.

kjg

How long ago was this? When I called to ask about getting the form to pay early, the rep said they don't use the form anymore. they just call over to the air travel department and make the transaction for you. And, if you are willing to wait on the phone, they will give you your ticket number. This is good info to have if there are any issues.

I did have them issue my ticket before the usual 45 days out and no form was needed. i just called and Princess took care of it.

ML

I faxed the Princess form called "EARLY FLEXIBLE FARES AIR TICKETING REQUEST" Fax # 661-284-4772.

I used this form in late December 2016 for our Western Med cruise in May 2017

Hope this helps. I think I originally got the from some ones post on this board.

Thank you all for your valuable tips and shared experiences. I had never considered EZAir for any of our trips as we do so many from our home ports that we can drive to. I booked using EZAir for the first time today for our return trip from Copenhagen to Tampa. Huge savings and will monitor as suggested although will be hard when on the move. Great thread ~ thanks, again OP.

My pleasure! The Cruise Critic community is such a wealth of great information and have always come through with helpful answers when I’ve had questions. I am happy to have been able to provide a valuable warning for ALL flights— not just EZ Air—I am learning. But I am happy also that you have discovered the benefits of EZ Air. Just monitor your flights as closely as you can in your Personalizer and on the airline’s site.

Also, last year for our Baltic cruise wanting Premium Economy seats, we contacted our TA who was able to purchase the flights early through Princess EZ Air (before final payment), and then we were free to contact the airlines to secure specific seats—and to pay for— the upgrade from economy. The TA sent us a form via email to fill out, then she contacted Princess and paid for the flights. Of course, at that time we were locked into those flights.

I faxed the Princess form called "EARLY FLEXIBLE FARES AIR TICKETING REQUEST" Fax # 661-284-4772.

I used this form in late December 2016 for our Western Med cruise in May 2017

Hope this helps. I think I originally got the from some ones post on this board.

They are no longer using the forms. You just call and your ticket is issued while waiting on the phone. We have used the form in the past but on our cruise in January 2018 and our upcoming transatlantic next month... we were informed that they no longer use the forms.