San Felipe Fortress with Go with Gus?

sailawaybellaluna

Has anyone done this excursion?

I've been trying to contact Gus for over a week, and no response.

I tried booking the same tour through Viator this morning, and they confirmed they use Go with Gus as the tour operator. I had a few questions and they tried contacting his company, and no answers.

I'm getting a little concerned now about booking this. Has anyone done this tour? Would it be suitable for children? Is the boat ride something you'd consider safe with young children? We've taken boat (lanchas) around Lake Atitlan before and they did have life jackets...

If anyone has any feedback or the best way to contact Gus please let me know.

We were in Santo Tomas de Castillo last week. We saw the Go With Gus booth and Guides and they were operating.

We used Happy Fish for a trip to Livingston and the Rio Dulce canyon. The boats we used appeared exactly the same as the Go With Gus boats.

They did provide life jackets and we felt safe. The boats reminded me of the ones used at the Jungle Cruise at Disney World. There were 5-6 rows that seated 3 adults each, an area in the front where 2 of the guides sat and the driver was in the rear.

The boats do travel fairly fast (maybe 30 mph), so most kids would love it. We had mostly smooth water, but some have complained of rough rides when waves increase and I have seen a few reports of people being scared.

Happy Fish and Go With Gus offer similar tours, so you may check with Happy Fish if you don't get a reply soon. You are also probably fine to just wait and book at the pier, since we saw many people do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in Santo Tomas de Castillo last week. We saw the Go With Gus booth and Guides and they were operating.

We used Happy Fish for a trip to Livingston and the Rio Dulce canyon. The boats we used appeared exactly the same as the Go With Gus boats.

They did provide life jackets and we felt safe. The boats reminded me of the ones used at the Jungle Cruise at Disney World. There were 5-6 rows that seated 3 adults each, an area in the front where 2 of the guides sat and the driver was in the rear.

The boats do travel fairly fast (maybe 30 mph), so most kids would love it. We had mostly smooth water, but some have complained of rough rides when waves increase and I have seen a few reports of people being scared.

Happy Fish and Go With Gus offer similar tours, so you may check with Happy Fish if you don't get a reply soon. You are also probably fine to just wait and book at the pier, since we saw many people do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is so helpful! Thank you so much!