Photos: Dogs onboard Queen Mary 2 on her Transatlantic Crossing

Kiwi_cruiser

Last year (4th August 2017) we did the Transatlantic Crossing cruise on the Queen Mary 2 from Southampton to New York.

While we where on Queen Mary 2 we had some four legged animals on the ship as well:

I managed to get a few photos of them :)

A Dog checking in: (Sorry for the bad quality)

20622312_10159125885650635_2007001217147194072_n.jpg?oh=104a5c0453268604a5762995b245df80&oe=5B005150

The Dogs of Queen Mary 2 - 4th August 2017 sailing:

IMG_4959.JPG

IMG_4960.JPG

IMG_4961.JPG

IMG_4962.JPG

Also apparently on the cruise before ours there where some cats on board as well, and Did you know that cats get sea sick!

I'm not sure if the O P made clear, the dogs on the QM2 are in the kennels 100 % of the time. They are N E V E R out and about. Their owners can go visit them, walk them in the ' special' area, and attendants are there to manage them, 24/7, but these fur-balls do not mingle with the passengers, ever.

I'm not sure if the O P made clear, the dogs on the QM2 are in the kennels 100 % of the time. They are N E V E R out and about. Their owners can go visit them, walk them in the ' special' area, and attendants are there to manage them, 24/7, but these fur-balls do not mingle with the passengers, ever.

Hate to disagree but I have seen a lady with a pair of Boston terriers in the gift shop before during a transatlantic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually there was one occasion when this happened. Mid morning DH and I were taking our usual stroll around the deck when we saw a couple, he in a dinner suit and she in a long dress; I was just about to say 'how odd' when I realised they had a dog with them and a photographer in tow. Clearly they were looking for that perfect spot to have a 'family photograph' taken :D

I love how the dogs quickly realise they are the most popular guests on the ship!! If you go onto the deck where the kennels are about midnight, you may see them out for walks on the main deck with their owners (On leads).

Sorry to disagree with you but we have seen dogs several times with their (irresponsible owners) in the lido

We also enjoy looking at the dogs at the kennels, undoubtedly the good side of QM2 canine matters.

The bad side is allowing some dog owners way too much latitude. On a Spring crossing a couple of years ago (before the refit), there was a lady traveller who was allowed to have her small dog with her throughout the trip, apparently on grounds that it was a 'comfort' dog.

Bad enough was that the dog was yappy & generally unpleasant to all who passed by, including in the main dining room. Worse was seeing the woman walk her dog in the main customer service area & watching it urinate all over the carpet, in full view of passengers & crew alike.

No doubt the lady concerned genuinely felt she needed the dog as a comfort blanket, but it was something everyone present could have well done without !

The Lido is not on the QM2.

You are saying people are wandering around the ship with dogs without the crew saying anything?

I mean the buffet.

We spoke to the waiters who just told us, that they can't do anything.

Just google "emotional support animal"

There are 3 different issues getting mixed up, here. Responsible owners who want their dogs transported across the Atlantic, pay a ( I think, very large ) fare for them to travel in the kennels. I am sure those dogs DO NOT leave the kennels. The owners go up there to visit them, and walk them in the special area.

Then there are the so-called C O M F O R T D O G S with their Wal*Mart purchased "vests" who stay in the cabin with the owner, and go everywhere, and pee at will.

Then there are the genuine service dogs who are extensively trained for their duties and are WELL BEHAVED and never soil in the wrong places, and are not barking at all, and they are with the owners at all times.

There are 3 different issues getting mixed up, here. Responsible owners who want their dogs transported across the Atlantic, pay a ( I think, very large ) fare for them to travel in the kennels. I am sure those dogs DO NOT leave the kennels. The owners go up there to visit them, and walk them in the special area.

Then there are the so-called C O M F O R T D O G S with their Wal*Mart purchased "vests" who stay in the cabin with the owner, and go everywhere, and pee at will.

Then there are the genuine service dogs who are extensively trained for their duties and are WELL BEHAVED and never soil in the wrong places, and are not barking at all, and they are with the owners at all times.

When I was last aboard the QM2 in October of 2016 there was one handicapped passenger who had his service dog which was a Golden Retriever with him all over the ship. This same passenger even brought the Golden Retriever into the G32 Club. All the passengers in the G32 Club including myself were happy to see the dog in the G32 Club. The handicapped passenger even danced with his dog in the G32 Club. Regards,Jerry