Y...you can lose weight

W...water

E...eggs

I...I will eat healthy foods

G...get back on track if a gain

H...happy loss's

I...inches loss

N...new clothes

Thank you Belle for starting another thread. This week was a down week for me. Been keeping on track. Not as fast as I hoped, but also keeping focused though stress.

Sorry did not post last week. It was a strange with Work being out of whack. I stayed very active and it was a down week.

I hope everyone is mothering into May. Look forward to reading people’s successes and will be here to give a bit of support. (May is 1/3 of the over)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello,

Thanks Belle for our poem.

I had another bad week. This is NOT normal for me. I don't know what's happening. Very frustrating. You would think all I'm doing is eating all day. Not the case. I don't get it.

I will just have to really watch what I'm eating and hopefully next week is better.

Ncovert, sounds like you did ok this week.

Hope others had success.

Diana

Thanks for the acronym, Belle!

This was a pretty good week for me. Got all the workouts in (except core work), improving with diet choices, made better decisions when I did have to eat out. I'm down 2.2 # from last week and feel like I'm finally coming out of Spring depression.

Runs continue to increase running/decrease walking breaks. I'm optimistic for the June run to finish sub 45 minutes, and sub 40 for July (June has a monster hill).

Kitchen is stocked with lots of healthy foods. My go to salad lately has been a little different - spinach with cantaloupe. I'm not sure what made me put the two together (probably lazy and didn't want to dirty two dishes;)) but the sweet with the peppery is really good and I find I don't need dressing. Today for lunch I also added a beefsteak tomato and fresh mozzarella to make a complete meal - yum.

Have a great week all!

200.8 SW 3-5-18 (when back from last cruise)

194.4 CW

175.0 GW 9-13-18 (last weigh-in before next cruise)

Hello,

Thanks Belle for our poem.

I had another bad week. This is NOT normal for me. I don't know what's happening. Very frustrating. You would think all I'm doing is eating all day. Not the case. I don't get it.

I will just have to really watch what I'm eating and hopefully next week is better.

Ncovert, sounds like you did ok this week.

Hope others had success.

Diana

Diana, sometimes I reach a plateau or even have a slight gain even when I'm doing everything right, then the weight will start coming off. (Other times I'm not tracking as well as I should be and I'm underestimating how much I'm eating;))

Hopefully you will have a breakthrough this week and it is just taking your body a little while to realize all the hard work you are putting in. Stay healthy and strong:)

Belle - Just say you've missed me and want me to come back!!!

I keep gaining weight and I keep trying to lose. Been meeting with a pharmacist who says 2 of my diabetes meds are causing me to gain weight. He wants me to add fiber to my diet ... 25-30 grams per day ... I unfortunately am allergic to wheat, oats, legumes, etc ... It isn't going to work. I would prefer they changed the meds ... have to wait 1 month before I see him again .... I'm only averaging 12 g fiber per day Keeping sodium at less then 1800 mg per day.

I have been so discouraged .. keep trying to lose ... I'm eating about 1500 calories per day (including wine) and I'm gaining ... going to the gym 2x per week. Need to get motivated, but it is very difficult.

Hope everyone is doing well. Jan

pacruise, congrats on your loss. Thanks for the words of encouragement too. Hopefully it's better next week.

Jan, nice to have you drop in. Sorry things have been difficult. On our threads lately a few of us are frustrated with our weight so you are not alone.........

Hope you come back more often.

Diana

Good Morning Everyone!

ncovert..Glad is was a down week for you. Good after your job "out of whack"

Diana..Sorry your having a bad week. We can be good and still gain. I think

certain foods have things in them that don't work well with our body's.

pacruise..Great job on losing. 2.2 lbs. Your eating right and getting lots of

exercise. Good Luck on your runs.

JAN..I miss YOU and want YOU to Come Back! Please come in every Thursday!

Sorry your having a hard time. Meds can really mess up with weight loss.

How have you been otherwise? Alright I hope.

I again stayed the same. Want to lose but I know I don't get enough exercise.

Plus I always drank a lot of water and haven't been having enough. Only I can

fix it.

Rose, Shootr, Mike, cruise42 and ALL others can't wait to see you in here SOON....

like tomorrow!

Good morning. Nothing good from here today. Up again even though I have been doing well with diet. Exercise still lacking though since I'm still not 100% back to normal. I've never been one to have allergies but seem to be suffering like a lot of others here. Meds are messing with my numbers I imagine. Not that that makes it any less frustrating.

Glad to hear you've had good success PACruise and ncovert. Diana and I will be back on track soon I trust.

Good to "meet" you Jan.

And Belle is stable as usual! :)

Mike

I keep gaining weight and I keep trying to lose. Been meeting with a pharmacist who says 2 of my diabetes meds are causing me to gain weight. He wants me to add fiber to my diet ... 25-30 grams per day ... I unfortunately am allergic to wheat, oats, legumes, etc ... It isn't going to work. I would prefer they changed the meds ... have to wait 1 month before I see him again .... I'm only averaging 12 g fiber per day Keeping sodium at less then 1800 mg per day.

I have been so discouraged .. keep trying to lose ... I'm eating about 1500 calories per day (including wine) and I'm gaining ... going to the gym 2x per week. Need to get motivated, but it is very difficult.

{{{Hugs, Jan}}} It's so frustrating to do everything right and not see the progress we should:( I'm a just a lay person on the internet so double check with your doctor, but could you up the fiber with other vegetables like celery (check the sodium), leafy greens, broccoli, cauliflower? I thought some fruits were good sources of fiber too - apples with skin on, dried fruits - but might be too high carbs. Depending on what you need the extra fiber for, increased water and walking even 15-20 minutes once or twice every day can help.

A few years ago I had an extreme reaction to poison ivy and was prescribed Prednisone. I gained a pound per day on that stuff:eek::mad: fortunately it came off quickly. Hopefully you can find a med that works well without negative side effects.

Good morning. Nothing good from here today. Up again even though I have been doing well with diet. Exercise still lacking though since I'm still not 100% back to normal. I've never been one to have allergies but seem to be suffering like a lot of others here. Meds are messing with my numbers I imagine. Not that that makes it any less frustrating.

Glad to hear you've had good success PACruise and ncovert. Diana and I will be back on track soon I trust.

Good to "meet" you Jan.

And Belle is stable as usual! :)

Mike

Mike, I've heard that with our abrupt jump from winter weather into summer temps it has pushed all the pollens out at once. Hopefully this means the allergens will be done soon, but it seems like they just get worse the older I get. Praying you feel well soon:)

Here is a question, why does eating have to be social? More specifically why does politely saying no sometimes offend others? This week at work there have been countless treats. It is already taking willpower to stick to dropping the lbs, but giving social pressure to “just have one” compounds it exponentially. Needles to say, yesterday after saying no twice I have in. Back on the horse today and going to avoid the staff lounge all of today. Hope everyone has a great Friday and a successful weekend ahead!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all!

Belle ~ nice poem there.

Jan ~ so nice to see you back here! You have been missed. SOrry to hear of your struggle with health issues.

ncovert ~ eating is a social thing! That's where I do most of my socializing at meals held at various places around Town.

Wed. I had to ask for a small piece of pie as the ones they served were so large.

I had a couple of meals out this week & am down 0.2 lbs so not too bad.

Of course I'm nowhere near where I should be & have a cruise & 4 days in Italy where I hope to try different foods next month, so don't see a loss coming then.:o

Oh well we know we can lose the weight if we put our mind to it but we don't always feel like doing so.

I just saw a picture of a gal I met on a cruise that has lost 31 lbs since January & I like her better heavier. She did WW & walks 8 kms a day!!

Have a good weekend & hang in there.

~ Jo ~:)

Mike.. it will get better. Don't know why meds or nothing at all make us gain.

Our body's are a mystery at times. Thanks Mike but not stable, wish I was.

Jo..you had a loss, be happy. What a nice cruise and land trip. You'll do a lot

of walking maybe won't have a gain with all the food.

Ncovert..I know it's always about food. That's the way it is. Sometimes we're strong

to say no and other times we give in. What we have to do when we give in is do it with

just a LITTLE serving or bite. Easier said then done at times.

Pacruise..good going on your exercise.

Happy Mother's Day to the mothers on here. Hope you have a great day no matter what

you do. Know some could have children that are away or working. Know that you all

are loved and remembered. If any of you don't have children I'll be your "older" child

for the day, so Happy Mother's Day to you.

Everyone enjoy your weekend.

Good Morning Everyone!

ncovert..Glad is was a down week for you. Good after your job "out of whack"

Diana..Sorry your having a bad week. We can be good and still gain. I think

certain foods have things in them that don't work well with our body's.

pacruise..Great job on losing. 2.2 lbs. Your eating right and getting lots of

exercise. Good Luck on your runs.

JAN..I miss YOU and want YOU to Come Back! Please come in every Thursday!

Sorry your having a hard time. Meds can really mess up with weight loss.

How have you been otherwise? Alright I hope.

I again stayed the same. Want to lose but I know I don't get enough exercise.

Plus I always drank a lot of water and haven't been having enough. Only I can

fix it.

Rose, Shootr, Mike, cruise42 and ALL others can't wait to see you in here SOON....

like tomorrow!

I check in every day but usually don't post. Have been very "bad" since our cruise in November. Now have a lot to lose. I do not have the nerve to step on the scale. I'm now trying to start dieting. It's very hard and having an injury doesn't help.

Hi, Belle. I did weigh in on Thursday, but never got a chance to post.

pacruise, ncovert and cruises42, glad you had a good week.

Diana, Jan (I have missed you, so glad you came back) and Mike, I am right there with you. I don't know what's going on with me. I am up 3.2 and I am shocked.

Jan, I, too, have diabetes and some food allergies, so it is extremely hard to balance everything out. I get so frustrated sometimes.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms on here.

Rose

Hi Jan,

Just wanted to throw in some fiber suggestions. Chia seeds have 4 grams in a Tbsp, only 60 calories. You could add 2 servings to smoothies to boost intake by 8 grams a day. I also make guacamole almost every night with half of an avocado. Another 5 grams. Also healthy fats!

Good morning everyone. Hope all the mothers here had a great day yesterday. I called my mom and then visited a little in the evening. She lives nearby.

Diet has gone very well since Thursday. The late day snacking seems to be under control finally. If it only would stay that way. Walked 6 or 7mi total between Saturday and Sunday. That won't last through the week unfortunately though.

I use chia seeds in my morning smoothies. Generally just 1tbsp. More than that tends to thicken it up a little too much for me.

Our cruise is 4wks from Wednesday. Not going to meet goal obviously but if I can hit 15lbs or so since November's cruise it's still a good thing.

Have a great week.

Mike

Good Morning!

Hope everyone had a good Mother's Day weekend - I know it can be bittersweet for many. My kiddos's each spent some one-on-one time with me, I called my Mother-in-law (she's not local:(), and I planted flowers at the cemetery last week for my Mom<|3

The chapter we studied this week for our running group had a great reminder for when we fail in our dieting:

We make mistakes because we are wired that way. Dieting is no different than anything else we do in life, but just because we have a fender-bender, get a ticket, or accidentally cut someone off in traffic, doesn't mean we quit driving. When we stumble, we get back on track.

I stumbled with both the burpees and calorie counting this weekend, but I'm getting back on track. Hoping the rest of you who are struggling can extend yourselves some grace and get back on track too.

Hi All-

Sorry, I've been a bit MIA the last couple of weeks. I'm finishing up my spring class this week, and then I'll have a break for a few weeks before I start my summer class. I'm going to be really happy when I'm done for good although when trying to look at my schedule for fall and spring semesters it's getting harder now that I only have a handful of classes left.

I'm flying to Missouri next week for my youngest son's graduation from basic training for the Army, so I'm super excited about that since I haven't seen him since he left. He will go from there to technical training in VA for about 6 months and we'll see after that.

Weight-wise, I've just been holding steady. I need to get back on track with the longer workouts now that this class is almost over. My summer class is more spread out so that should help.

I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day. I did get to see my older son so that was nice.