Name some things you forgot to pack but wished you did?

LongHill44

A fairly large beach bag for ports. Our first cruise, we brought a small bag which wasn't nearly big enough for two ship beach towels and our personal items, so we ended up buying one at Ron Jon in Grand Turk. It wasn't super expensive, and it's still a great bag, but if you own one, take it!

I love to go onto youtube and watch videos and I recently found one that was so informative, it was stuff you can buy at the Dollar Tree for cruises and believe me when I tell you there was stuff I had never even thought of but I will definitely be going there for my cruise items.

I forgot shampoo, conditioner and sun screen. Very expensive on board.

I like having a notebook and pen to write notes to cabin steward or just make notes for myself.

It needs to be fairly small so I can take it on excursions and it doesn't take up a lot of room.

A tiny bottle of dish soap to wash our Freestyle soda cups. And a tea towel to dry them with.

A Sharpie to mark which cup belonged to who!

No need to bring dish soap. The shower gel that's provided works just as well as dish soap. And, a clean dry wash cloth works well for drying out your cup(s).

A fairly large beach bag for ports. Our first cruise, we brought a small bag which wasn't nearly big enough for two ship beach towels and our personal items, so we ended up buying one at Ron Jon in Grand Turk. It wasn't super expensive, and it's still a great bag, but if you own one, take it!

When we first started cruising many years ago, we used to bring a large beach bag to carry everything in. With beach towels, sun block, bottles of water and other incidentals, it was a lot for one person (me) to carry. So, I bought packable daypacks for each of us. That way, each of us carries our own stuff. Makes going to the beach a lot better. ;)

Perhaps it is a sign that he needs to grow a beard ?

He also has absolutely no idea how to groom a beard. He tried that once before and it was a disaster.

He reminded me that his shaver stopped working on one cruise long ago. We asked at the purser's desk if they had any to loan out. They didn't, of course, but told us to bring it down. Someone in their electrical department fixed it for him.

He also has absolutely no idea how to groom a beard. He tried that once before and it was a disaster.

He reminded me that his shaver stopped working on one cruise long ago. We asked at the purser's desk if they had any to loan out. They didn't, of course, but told us to bring it down. Someone in their electrical department fixed it for him.

I started growing a beard the day I graduated HS and still have one ....now

When we first started cruising many years ago, we used to bring a large beach bag to carry everything in. With beach towels, sun block, bottles of water and other incidentals, it was a lot for one person (me) to carry. So, I bought packable daypacks for each of us. That way, each of us carries our own stuff. Makes going to the beach a lot better. ;)

It took me years to figure that out as well! Why does one person have to be the pack mule? Sure when the kids were little they couldn’t help much, but as they got older they took their share

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No need to bring dish soap. The shower gel that's provided works just as well as dish soap. And, a clean dry wash cloth works well for drying out your cup(s).

I don't like drinking out a cup that smells of perfume! And no way I would dry anything I'm going to drink out of with a wash cloth. At least not one that isn't from my own home. I have a dedicated little tiny bottle and folded up dish towel that fits in a little ziploc that is just for trips now.

No, but I can tell you a few things I've packed "just in case" and never needed:

Pop up hamper

Over-the-door cosmetics bag

Duct tape

Magnets

Highlighter (to highlight activities I might miss :rolleyes:)

Hangers

...and many more

I have used the pop up hamper. And I use one at home. :D

Never had to use the over the door bag, but also have always had a full suite.

Never used duct tape, but carry it, as it can come in handy.

Never used magnetis

Used the highlighter a couple of times, but then leave the Cruise Compass in the room and don't have it to look at. :D

I use hangers, but the ones provided. And if you need more, ask your room steward.