[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:14 PM.
Kentucky
14,762 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by anonmom
That's a bummer. She made it sound like it was lunch portions of course, not the same as dinner menu, but she talked it up in a way that definitely sounded more exciting that what you're talking about.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app
She probably hasn't been on the Sky! The more I am thinking about this. It seems like they had healthier choices like a turkey meatloaf or something like that. I went and looked at my last review and there were no comments so seems like it didn't make much of an impression. Maybe it is different now. Hopefully, someone will chime in who has a more recent experience.
40 Posts
Joined May 2016
Anyone know cost of paddle boarding at GSC?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2018 NCL Sky : Bahamas
SAILED! 2018 RCCL Liberty of the Seas : Western Caribbean
SAILED! 2012 NCL Epic : Eastern Caribbean
SAILED! 2008 NCL Dawn : Eastern Caribbean
Ohio
59 Posts
Joined Aug 2015
Only thing i ever saw in the Italian Restaurant was the Pizza. Was usually pretty empty in there. Its in a strange location as part of it is a walkway to get from the pools to the AFT on the Port Side.

FYI on Paddle boarding, this books up fast. These sold out a week prior to our cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival:
Conquest 2017
Liberty 2015
Liberty 2008
Valor 2007

Norwegian:
Pride of America Hawaiian 2009
Sky 2018
North Carolina
143 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
I’m assuming the answer is no but, do you happen to know if the balcony cabins on the Sky have a coffee maker in the room? My husband is always much happier if he can have a cup of coffee before leaving the cabin �� I know we can order it through room service but we have been in the Haven or a suite on our 2 previous cruises in the last year and he has been spoiled by having a coffee pot in the room. Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kentucky
14,762 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by tomberly
I’m assuming the answer is no but, do you happen to know if the balcony cabins on the Sky have a coffee maker in the room? My husband is always much happier if he can have a cup of coffee before leaving the cabin �� I know we can order it through room service but we have been in the Haven or a suite on our 2 previous cruises in the last year and he has been spoiled by having a coffee pot in the room. Thanks!
I am pretty sure there is one. Can a more recent cruiser chime please?
North Carolina
143 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
Originally posted by jdvmd
I am pretty sure there is one. Can a more recent cruiser chime please?
Thank you, it would be great if there is one.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
7 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Sailed in balcony cabin last week. No coffee maker. Sorry
Northeast
249 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
Hi tomberly,

We were on the Sky 2/9/18-2/12/18. We were in a balcony on the 9th deck. There was a small single cup coffee maker in the room.

We had a great time on the Sky. On deck 7 there is a coffee bar that serves up the fancy stuff, but it isn't complimentary.

Enjoy the Sky, we enjoyed ourselves.

Regards

Vinegarjoe
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

North Carolina
143 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
Originally posted by Vinegarjoe10
Hi tomberly,

We were on the Sky 2/9/18-2/12/18. We were in a balcony on the 9th deck. There was a small single cup coffee maker in the room.

We had a great time on the Sky. On deck 7 there is a coffee bar that serves up the fancy stuff, but it isn't complimentary.

Enjoy the Sky, we enjoyed ourselves.

Regards

Vinegarjoe
Thank you for your help. We are also on deck 9 in a balcony. I’m so glad you enjoyed the Sky. We are very excited to be going on the Sky and visiting Cuba.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Miami, FL
194 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Hi, we will be going on the Sky soon, and we are a little nervous because we've heard a couple of negative things.
How is the food on the Sky? Also, do the Palace and Crossings Main Dining Room have the same menus?
Thank you!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises:
Jewel of the Seas- 9 Night Greek Isles- June 2018
Symphony of the Seas- 7 Western Caribbean- June 2019

Past Cruises:
Norwegian Sky- March 2018
| Carnival Vista- December 2017 | Carnival Victory- June 2017 | Norwegian Epic- May 2017 | Oasis of the Seas- August 2016 | Norwegian Getaway- May 2015 | Norwegian Getaway- July 2014 | Carnival Breeze- June 2013 | Carnival Imagination- June 2011 | Oasis of the Seas- August 2010 | Carnival Imagination- August 2009 | Carnival Imagination- October 2008 | Freedom of the Seas- June 2008 | Majesty of the Seas- July 2007 | Carnival Triumph- May 2006 | Carnival Paradise- August 2002
Miami, FL
194 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Originally posted by rflan22
Just of the Sky yesterday, any questions? Loved it!

Hi, how was the food on the Sky?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises:
Jewel of the Seas- 9 Night Greek Isles- June 2018
Symphony of the Seas- 7 Western Caribbean- June 2019

Past Cruises:
Norwegian Sky- March 2018
| Carnival Vista- December 2017 | Carnival Victory- June 2017 | Norwegian Epic- May 2017 | Oasis of the Seas- August 2016 | Norwegian Getaway- May 2015 | Norwegian Getaway- July 2014 | Carnival Breeze- June 2013 | Carnival Imagination- June 2011 | Oasis of the Seas- August 2010 | Carnival Imagination- August 2009 | Carnival Imagination- October 2008 | Freedom of the Seas- June 2008 | Majesty of the Seas- July 2007 | Carnival Triumph- May 2006 | Carnival Paradise- August 2002
Baldwinsville, NY
161 Posts
Joined Aug 2002
I did not see any sushi restaurant, but i was not actively looking for one either. So my assumption is no, but i could be wrong.

Quick general tips: Bring an extension cord for rooms, only 1 outlet in our oceanview room.

At GSC they use Tender Tickets, they announce that 1 person from each party should go to Dazzles to report their group size and receive their Tender time. However, if you go with your full group and are ready to get off immediately, they will put you on the next available Tender.
You could order sushi in the Plantation Club lounge on deck 12, next door to Cagney's. I don't care for sushi so didn't order any, but people at other tables did order it. Not sure how much it was or if you had to pay extra for it, but I'm assuming it wasn't free.
Baldwinsville, NY
161 Posts
Joined Aug 2002
Originally posted by jdvmd
Not sure if they are still offering as it has been a few years since I was on the Sky but if memory serves me correctly, it was just some pasta and pizza. Nothing to get excited about. Definitely not the same as the dinner menu. Was complimentary.
At lunch, Il Adagio is pizza. Didn't see any other Italian dishes in there, just pizza.
Baldwinsville, NY
161 Posts
Joined Aug 2002
We were in 9232 mid ship balcony cabin. No coffee maker in our room. Just got off the ship this morning.
North Carolina
143 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
Originally posted by catlib55
We were in 9232 mid ship balcony cabin. No coffee maker in our room. Just got off the ship this morning.
Thank you
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Haddon Heights N.J.
505 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Oh,i thought it was a new ship called the ASKAWAY.
Miami
4,706 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Originally posted by anonmom
That's a bummer. She made it sound like it was lunch portions of course, not the same as dinner menu, but she talked it up in a way that definitely sounded more exciting that what you're talking about.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app
Its like the buffet pizza and pasta but served in the Italian restaurant. The pizza you would get at the Italian restaurant is totally different and better than what they serve at lunch.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Next up: NCL Encore 50th birthday cruise February 2020 - Haven 2 bedroom suite
NCL Getaway February 2015 - Penthouse Suite
NCL Epic February 2013 - 2 bedroom Haven suite
NCL Sky October 2011 - balcony cabin
NCL Epic December 2010 - Haven penthouse suite
NCL Sky January 2010 - Penthouse suite
NCL Jewel March 2009 - balcony cabin
55 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
How did most people dress in the MDR? Shorts, capris, dresses??? I know its pretty casual on the Sky but was curious as to what to pack for my trip!
107 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
How were the Spring Breakers?! I’m assuming there were a lot. Any issues? Longer than normal drink wait times? Any out if the ordinary unruly behavior? We are on the Sky on Monday!! Can’t wait.