[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:24 PM.
Buffalo Junction, Virginia
557 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
CIRQUE DREAMS AND STEAM

Can anyone who has done this, give me a little more info on what the show is. NCL doesn't provide much info. I've done the Illitionarium and loved it. Thank You In Advance.
Fargo, ND
24 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Took our kids (7 & 10) to it a couple weeks ago. Enjoyable (assuming your expectations are not cirque du soliel). Think along the lines of juggling, balancing, strength performances (and that may sound pretty basic, but most of the 'acts' are quite entertaining - ex. - a gal was laying on her back juggling, *while* also twirling hoola hoops with each foot). The show is done with design and costuming that is very steampunk - I thought that was a nice touch as well.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike & Tanya

USA
11,451 Posts
Joined Apr 2015
Originally posted by Tiggertastic
I’d love to know too, done the epic cirque dreams and were on getaway in August
It is along the lines of a Cirque Dreams show which is small stage jugggling, balancing, and strength acrobatics.

Remember, someone from your party should be in line at least an hour before show time. All members of your party should be in line 30 minutes before show time when the doors open for general seating. You will be seated first come first serve. Haven guests are seated first through a crew elevator, so even if you are first in line, you won’t get the “best” seats.
415 Posts
Joined May 2013
We just saw it last night. The food was as good or better than dining room fare but there are no choices. A salad, steak & shrimp, interesting little desserts. Great experience and kid-friendly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
MI
22 Posts
Joined Nov 2016
Originally posted by wdsted
We just saw it last night. The food was as good or better than dining room fare but there are no choices. A salad, steak & shrimp, interesting little desserts. Great experience and kid-friendly.

Do they have kids' portions or does everyone get the same thing? I think our kids will eat the steak and shrimp, I am really just curious as I'm about to book it for our April sailing on Getaway.
Fargo, ND
24 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Originally posted by MichMom06
Do they have kids' portions or does everyone get the same thing?
They do have a very limited alternative for kids. Mac n' cheese (it wasn't good), or chicken fingers. I can't recall if that was the only kids options... my son thought it was just those two.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike & Tanya

Paradise Valley AZ
1,088 Posts
Joined May 2014
Originally posted by CSimonetti
Any idea if you can get it without the shrimp? Allergies etc
Yes, the server will ask beforehand (or should...if not, let them know).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:
NCL Bliss - 15 day Inaugural Panama Canal
NCL Getaway - Baltic (with Norway post cruise)
NCL Getaway - Eastern Caribbean with BVI
NCL Pearl - Pacific Northwest
Carnival Splendor - NE/Canada
NCL Getaway - Eastern Caribbean
RCL Explorer of the Seas - Western Caribbean
Disney Wonder - Bahamas
Fair Princess - Alaska
Yorkshire, UK
7,591 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by BirdTravels
It is along the lines of a Cirque Dreams show which is small stage jugggling, balancing, and strength acrobatics.

Remember, someone from your party should be in line at least an hour before show time. All members of your party should be in line 30 minutes before show time when the doors open for general seating. You will be seated first come first serve. Haven guests are seated first through a crew elevator, so even if you are first in line, you won’t get the “best” seats.

Thanks, done cirque dreams 3 times, sounds too close to the epic one to bother booking it.

Kentucky
14,762 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by CSimonetti
Any idea if you can get it without the shrimp? Allergies etc
Yes, you need to let the server know when they take your order. I'm highly allergic as well. They gave me more beef.
Nashville, TN
29 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
Originally posted by jdvmd
Yes, you need to let the server know when they take your order. I'm highly allergic as well. They gave me more beef.
Thanks so much!
Las Vegas Nevada
87 Posts
Joined May 2004
Originally posted by crystalaziza
CIRQUE DREAMS AND STEAM

Can anyone who has done this, give me a little more info on what the show is. NCL doesn't provide much info. I've done the Illitionarium and loved it. Thank You In Advance.
Just off the getaway and assure you this show was pretty cool for a cruise ship! They had a knife thrower that did amazing stuff! Food was ok, service was fast!