[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:41 PM.
Colorado
953 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by sassyj38
How does the upgrade work.We have a balcony room.I am trying to get 500 points for the discount but don't know if I'll make it. So if I paid for a balcony (3 People) do they send me $$back??
From Preds first post:
Points Stateroom Upgrades (generally NOT considered a wise use of points)
100 - One category upgrade for first person in stateroom
200 - One category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom
300 - Two category upgrade for first person and one category upgrade for second person in stateroom
400 - Two category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom

If you want to use points for an upgrade, you order the certs for the amount you want (that corresponds to the upgrade you want). You DO NOT order the $500 cert for the upgrade. NCL will not credit you back for the difference of the $500 cert if you use it towards an upgrade.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
11/2010 NCL Pearl
12/2008 NCL Jewel
12/2007 NCL Star
11/2006 NCL Sun
12/2004 NCL Dream
12/2001 NCL Sky
68 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
Originally posted by Marlissa
From Preds first post:
Points Stateroom Upgrades (generally NOT considered a wise use of points)
100 - One category upgrade for first person in stateroom
200 - One category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom
300 - Two category upgrade for first person and one category upgrade for second person in stateroom
400 - Two category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom

If you want to use points for an upgrade, you order the certs for the amount you want (that corresponds to the upgrade you want). You DO NOT order the $500 cert for the upgrade. NCL will not credit you back for the difference of the $500 cert if you use it towards an upgrade.
If I've paid for a balcony room and order the upgrade points will i get any of my money credited to my onboard acct or on my credit card?
Colorado
953 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by sassyj38
If I've paid for a balcony room and order the upgrade points will i get any of my money credited to my onboard acct or on my credit card?
Don't think so; If you order an upgrade cert, you would use it towards a higher balcony category than you booked.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
11/2010 NCL Pearl
12/2008 NCL Jewel
12/2007 NCL Star
11/2006 NCL Sun
12/2004 NCL Dream
12/2001 NCL Sky
116 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Which number do you call to redeem your points? I can't get through to anyone that can help me!! I have this number written down from when we did it last year but they say they're not doing it now!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Michele - Wife to Shannon, Mom to 2 Great Kids
Speech Pathologist, Homeschool Mom and Cruise Enthusiast

Disney's Big Red Boat - Dec 1991
NCL Sea Oct 2004
NCL Dream Oct 2006 *
Carnival Ecstasy - Jan 2007
NCL Spirit - Dec 2007 *
Carnival Ecstasy - July 2008 *
Carnival Freedom - September 2009 *
NCL Dawn - November 2009 - cruise cancelled by NCL
NCL Epic - November 2010 *
Princess Sapphire - November 2012 - HAWAII! *
NCL Epic - November 2013 *
Princess Caribbean - March 2014 - son's 13th bday *
NCL Dawn - February 2016 - daughter's 13th bday *

* - with our kids
Hamburg, NY
2,025 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by chelegirly
Which number do you call to redeem your points? I can't get through to anyone that can help me!! I have this number written down from when we did it last year but they say they're not doing it now!
As I posted in the 2nd post of this thread:

To Redeem certificates:
Call the # on the back of the card (it should be 800 421-2110)

Ask the rep. if they're familiar with the Compass Rewards program, if they are, it should be a breeze, if not, you may be better off calling again till you get a rep who is familiar with the program.

Certificates come via regular mail, usually within 1-2 weeks, but to be safe, generally request at least 3-4 weeks before final payment is due.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Boston, MA
379 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
One of the early posts mentioned something about needing to be in the room for the certificate to be used.

My parents are looking to go on a cruise next August (2008) and I was hoping to work up points towards either an upgrade for them, or $ off their cruise. Is this not possible?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Hamburg, NY
2,025 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by KtBarker
One of the early posts mentioned something about needing to be in the room for the certificate to be used.

My parents are looking to go on a cruise next August (2008) and I was hoping to work up points towards either an upgrade for them, or $ off their cruise. Is this not possible?
The certificates are not transferable. At least one authorized cardmember must be staying in the room to use a certificate.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Taunton, MA
1,873 Posts
Joined Nov 2002
I'd check this out with BOA first but what if you were to request an extra card in your Mom's name? My friend did this with an airline card and her sister. Sis was going to pay for trip w/cash but needed to be listed on the card to book her cabin since they were not traveling together. My friend got the points and her sister paid her the cash for the CC bill.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Celebrity Equinox S Caribbean 5/18
NCL Gem Caribbean 4/17
NCL Gem Bahamas 4/16
NCL Breakaway Bermuda 5/16
Star Princess Hawaii 4/15
NCL Breakaway Bahamas 12/13
NCL Dawn Repo 4/13-4/14
Golden Princess - Hawaii 4/12
NCL Sky Bahamas 11/09
NCL Pearl Alaska7/09
NCL Spirit B2B 5/08-4/10
NCL Pearl - Panama Canal 4/07
NCL Majesty 12/02-4/03-4/05-4/06
NCL Sky - Panama Canal 4/04
110 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
On Sunday Evening 7/22/07 I called the number on the back of the Card and requested a $500 Compass Rewards Certificate.

I received the Certificate on 8/2/07.

That Is All....................
Langhorne, PA
1,060 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
We have used the NCL redemption many times. I'm a bit surprised that it arrived that quickly. In the past, we could Fed X for $35 to get the docs in 1 week service but the norm for regular redemption was 6 weeks. I would be hesitant to say this is standard operating procedure.
southern georgia
92 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
I have used them several times and never have I have to wait more than two or three weeks for them to arrive using standard delivery
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tropicale 11/90,Norway 06/92
Festivale 11/92,Jubilee 12/93
Celebration 11/95, Tropicale 10 day 11/96, Imagination 11/97, Ectasy 11/98, Fantasy 12/98, Inspiration 06/99
Triumph 10 day 12/99
Imagination 11/00, NCL Sky 06/01
Holiday 11/01, Horizon 01/02
Mercury 11/02, Holiday 12/02
Summit 06/03, Constellation 11/03
NCL Crown 11/06, NCL Dream 11/07
cruisingrandy
117 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Is there a way to use the credit card and get points to pay for purchases from places that don't accept credit cards? What I am specifically thinking is that it would be nice to pay for my morgage each month with this card. Unfortunatly my morgage company does not accept credit cards for payment. I thought I remembered reading somewhere in another post a year or two back where there was a specific type of check you could request for this. Any ideas?

Keith
Colorado
953 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by kmacht
Is there a way to use the credit card and get points to pay for purchases from places that don't accept credit cards? What I am specifically thinking is that it would be nice to pay for my morgage each month with this card. Unfortunatly my morgage company does not accept credit cards for payment. I thought I remembered reading somewhere in another post a year or two back where there was a specific type of check you could request for this. Any ideas?

Keith
Very rairly do convenience checks and/or cash advance checks earn point/rewards and if they did, the points/reward is usually negated because of the cost (transaction fee) of using these type of checks.

AFAIK, BOA does not award points for these, so this won't work with the NCL card.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
11/2010 NCL Pearl
12/2008 NCL Jewel
12/2007 NCL Star
11/2006 NCL Sun
12/2004 NCL Dream
12/2001 NCL Sky
1,067 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
Hi Kaitlin: We wanted to use some of our points to pay for part of two other cabins which are in our kids' name. I added each of them to our credit card as authorized users, asked to have our certificates mailed to us, sent them in with the reservation numbers from the kids reservation, waited for the credit from certificates to hit, then removed them as authorized users. It all took less than six weeks. They never even knew they were authorized users as the credit cards came to our house.
13 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
I've used these certificates for $ off in the past but I can't remember the details for other situations. Can I use a certificate for $1500 off and also an upgrade certificate? If so, does the upgrade certificate only allow upgrade within the same category ( outside to outside, balcony to balcony) or could I upgrade from the highest balcony to the lowest suite? Also, if I cancel this card after the certificates have been received and posted to a cruise booking, do I lose the certificates?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
CW
59 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Our $1500 in certificates just arrived, in the nick of time! Now it's time to send them to NCL...but the address on the certificate is a PO Box:
Norwegian Cruise Line
P.O. Box 025403
Miami, FL 33102-5403

I see it is recommened to send via FedEx or at least Certified Mail...but can you, to a Post Office Box?
Hamburg, NY
2,025 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by Arlington22207
Our $1500 in certificates just arrived, in the nick of time! Now it's time to send them to NCL...but the address on the certificate is a PO Box:
Norwegian Cruise Line
P.O. Box 025403
Miami, FL 33102-5403

I see it is recommended to send via FedEx or at least Certified Mail...but can you, to a Post Office Box?
I'm sorry, the address I referenced in post #2 is their Accounting Office and Corporate HQ. That's the street address to use when sending via FEDEX. I've used that address to submit certificates via FEDEX for 3 trips with no problems.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Memphis TN
1,140 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
I'll soon will have a 1000 points. What exactly is the "discount"
if you get 2 certificates? Lets say that I select a cruise and the total for the cabin is $1,600. I'm going to be disappointed if I'm only going to get $100 in a discount
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature